HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Feb 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #1,396 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since Justin and HeadAmp is consistently shipping actual, working products, and not taking your money upfront, I wouldn't even mention them in the same sentence. Unless you are comparing opposites, of course.

And on the other hand you have "real" companies like Westone with many employees, full customer service, shipping, distribution, and sales, yet they can't manage to ship the Westone 3 within a one year time frame after the initial annoucement. Sure you can get plenty of interaction via a phone or email, but you won't get an actual product in your hands.

Me? I'll take the silent treatment from time to time, and then suddenly I have an email with a tracking number and a knock on my door. I'd much rather have action than just words.

-Ed

Well stated Edwood.

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #1,397 of 3,724
I am so eager to get on that list... It is like a hot club that you want to get in to yet you are not on the list
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #1,398 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since Justin and HeadAmp is consistently shipping actual, working products, and not taking your money upfront, I wouldn't even mention them in the same sentence. Unless you are comparing opposites, of course.-Ed

Yes, I was contrasting his business practices vs. other's operations. Sorry for the confusion; wasn't my intent to denigrate Justin.

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #1,399 of 3,724
Dear Mr.Justin,

I would like to request an order for your Pico Amp:
-Including DAC
-Silver with clear panels and Silver knob
-3 and 6 ft. USB cables

I will also send email to you about my contact information.

P.S.: hello to all Head-Fi member.

Best Regards,
Kuntoku

Feb 12, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #1,400 of 3,724
Quote:

Dear Mr.Justin,

I would like to request an order for your Pico Amp:
-Including DAC
-Silver with clear panels and Silver knob
-3 and 6 ft. USB cables

I will also send email to you about my contact information.

P.S.: hello to all Head-Fi member.

Best Regards,
Kuntoku

Welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #1,405 of 3,724
Odd as this sounds, I hope I'm not in the same upcoming batch as ZepFloyd. No, I don't have anything against him, it's just that my school has a week-long break coming up next week, and where I ship my ordered items too, it'll be closed too the same week.

Hopefully Justin will understand, and even if he sends me the invoice soon, I can pay later, and thus receive the Pico later.
redface.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #1,409 of 3,724
I got a shipment notification on Feb 4th (#164 on the list) but according to the USPS-site they've only recieved tracking info i.e. it hasn't really shipped yet but that's over a week ago. I'm guessing this has to do with me being in Europe and Justin might wait for a bulk shipment rather than one at a time?

Any European to-be Pico owners out there?

EDIT: Justin probably needs some relaxed listening time himself somewhere secluded after the first wave of Pico hysteria has passed by.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back