HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Feb 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #1,381 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kinda harsh,but,I agree with the sentiment in general.

Still I would imagine he's doing a bang up job all things considered.... Cut him some slack ? And who cares how much he makes.

This not withstanding the fact that when I emailed him and pm'd him,he got back to me in two or so days,with answers to my asthetic questions,etc.He was very,very polite and very curteous
smily_headphones1.gif

i guess he wants justin to make headamp go public through an IPO and become a 300+ plus staff company with an advance manufacturing plant. then all amps can be shipped immediately and arrive at our doors in 2-3 business days...

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #1,383 of 3,724
In Illah's defense: I don't think he meant to bash or criticize Headamp. I think he was leaning more towards expressing his concerns with the lack of timely customer interactions. Valid complaint -- but it's ultimately Justin's choice as to how how he wishes to handle business.

One thing you gotta remember about customer service is that even if your end product sucks having free flowing communication makes a world of difference in the eyes of your customers and their perception of value.

That being said let's keep this thread back on topic!

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #1,384 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guess he wants justin to make headamp go public through an IPO and become a 300+ plus staff company with an advance manufacturing plant. then all amps can be shipped immediately and arrive at our doors in 2-3 business days...

And cost 1295$ instead of just 295$
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #1,385 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it's one thing to be busy, another to be busy and non-communicative. I understand Justin seems to be Head-Fi's collective 'little brother' and thus sheltered from criticism, but there have been many people complaining about lack of communication in various threads.

Say what? Justin's been leaving updates on Head-Fi at least once a week and has a page on the website showing more or less what the status of shipments are. He's shipped a substantial number so far since the preorder note went up. That's a far cry from the 'other threads' where orders are taken without a word since Aug/Sept with relatively few documented shipments.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #1,386 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And cost 1295$ instead of just 295$
tongue.gif

Probably more than that. I get requests from dealers who want to sell my amps and they want to pay less than my cost of materials! I have no interest in getting into the business of managing other people and trying to create new customers to support that payroll and all the expenses that come with it which are much larger than the wages per hour. I have to be both realistic and conservative in my expectations. Before this thread went up, I had a goal of about 50 pre-orders, and then the Picos would be in stock for immediate shipment, where I hoped to do 1 or 2 per day which I could easily keep up with building. I ended up having almost 200 pre-orders before receiving enclosures so that I could begin shipping, and since then 3 to 5 new requests per day. But I was almost correct in my original estimates. Head-Fi went down for 2 weeks as I was getting ready to start shipping and almost had to be rolled back to an old 2006 backup -- which would have meant this thread would have been gone and half or more members who signed up for the pre-order list wouldn't even exist. This is just one example of why I have to be careful and not overestimate demand. It does result in some complaints when there is a wait, but it's better than gambling.

I have 18 Picos that are finished & charging right now, so those will ship tomorrow and I'll update the list

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 11, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #1,387 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say what? Justin's been leaving updates on Head-Fi at least once a week and has a page on the website showing more or less what the status of shipments are. He's shipped a substantial number so far since the preorder note went up. That's a far cry from the 'other threads' where orders are taken without a word since Aug/Sept with relatively few documented shipments.

patients is a virtue!

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #1,388 of 3,724
I dunno if this is "customer service" or not, but I did appreciate the fact that my Pico came fully charged.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 18 Picos that are finished & charging right now, so those will ship tomorrow and I'll update the list

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #1,389 of 3,724
It's all worth it, I know how it feels waiting for a reply or update on the list. But one day it will arrive, and you will forget all those days of waiting and just be as happy as a child on Christmas eve
smily_headphones1.gif

(Proud owner of #111)

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #1,393 of 3,724
Quote:

Not only fully charged but no burn in and ready to dac and amp!

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #1,394 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The folks waiting on Storm and Larroco's products are as virtuous as any person can ever hope to feel. Even so, I'd hardly want to join that club.

Since Justin and HeadAmp is consistently shipping actual, working products, and not taking your money upfront, I wouldn't even mention them in the same sentence. Unless you are comparing opposites, of course.

And on the other hand you have "real" companies like Westone with many employees, full customer service, shipping, distribution, and sales, yet they can't manage to ship the Westone 3 within a one year time frame after the initial annoucement. Sure you can get plenty of interaction via a phone or email, but you won't get an actual product in your hands.

Me? I'll take the silent treatment from time to time, and then suddenly I have an email with a tracking number and a knock on my door. I'd much rather have action than just words.

-Ed

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #1,395 of 3,724
Quote:

Awesome! I hope I'm in that group.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back