HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Dec 24, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #691 of 3,724
According to the tracking info, my Pico made it to my local Post Office at 4:43am. Looks like it just might make it through the sorting and make it to my mailbox today.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Dec 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #692 of 3,724
Can anyone compare Pico to a Corda Aria or Cantante?

Dec 24, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #694 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by vberch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone compare Pico to a Corda Aria or Cantante?

To my taste... Pico crushes an Aria its not even a contest. It's basically better in every area. I haven't heard the Cantate but personally I like the pico better than the Opera which I have heard. It's certainly a superior DAC though amp-wise it might be a bit more toss up.

Then again I am not really a big fan of the Jan Meier sound in general which I find thin and fuzzy.

P.S. I just picked up my unit. Poor shipping department people having to work even a little bit of Christmas Eve. Sadly my work laptop won't let me install it without admin rights and that's all I brought to my parents' place for Christmas Eve. Amp only for now!

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #699 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly my work laptop won't let me install it without admin rights and that's all I brought to my parents' place for Christmas Eve. Amp only for now!

What? You can't even use a generic USB audio device without admin rights?

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #700 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin,
Do you have any pictures of the different colors yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can see colors of the AE-2 here: HeadAmp - Audio Electronics (AE-2 Portable Headphone Amp)

The pico colors will be similar, except the enclosures are polished, so they will appear darker/more contrast than these colors. There is also gray, here is an example of an AE-2 with a gray body/knob and clear (silver) panels: http://www.headamp.com/ae2_gray.jpg

I will be including a USB cable of 1, 3, or 6ft. Additional cables can be purchased for $8 each

I hope to keep regular pricing for the Pico w/ USB DAC the same as pre-order pricing. It will depend on my final costs, which I won't know until I've shipped a good number of them. But it is already clear to me that I will have to raise the price of the Pico amp-only version after the pre-order period.

Justin responded to the question about colors when I asked it several pages ago. See the links above...

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #701 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin responded to the question about colors when I asked it several pages ago. See the links above...

I saw that, but I was asking if he's got any pictures of the different colors of the Pico because he says they look a little different with the glossy finish.

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #702 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? You can't even use a generic USB audio device without admin rights?

Nope its pretty silly. But whatever. I think I can on my desktops where I have slightly different privileges.

Ohwell I should just not be cheap and buy my own laptop.

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #703 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that, but I was asking if he's got any pictures of the different colors of the Pico because he says they look a little different with the glossy finish.

Sorry to presume that you didn't see that post. I would like to see pictures of the Pico line in different colors as well. The more pictures the better. I have a feeling that Justin's pretty busy though...

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #704 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to presume that you didn't see that post. I would like to see pictures of the Pico line in different colors as well. The more pictures the better. I have a feeling that Justin's pretty busy though...

Yeah, I want to see what the bronze and gray look like.

Dec 24, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #705 of 3,724
oh i hate USPS!

they said they delivered it like an hour before i got home... only they didn't deliver it... didn't leave the notice they said either.

mad.gif

So much for my Christmas present to myself. Congrats to the rest of you though. The post office hates me... I know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back