Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 13, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #5,552 of 9,902
Calm down Aleks, just pulling your leg :). We all understand the frustration, being 2 years or more waiting. I don't get replies to some emails either but I understand the man is busy, let him do his job.

For the lost income vs. your high growth company, it does not make any sense for Justin unfortunately. Your downpayment helps him pay for the parts, which are 50% of the cost of the BHSE I recall. So, in a way, he's doing us all a favor not charging 50% upfront like some small makers do.

arnaud

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #5,553 of 9,902
This not my problem . This a problem of Justin , who have on official site the terms of pre-order "Ships in: Request Quote". I have all papers about my payments, about my request and Justin's reply. I have all emails. I save email where Justin promised to send my order in 6 month. And law from my side. So now its only questions or i receive my order quick or i try receive lot of money with help of ugly american lawyer's...And if i start i try to receive much more money to avoid indifferent attitude to customers in future. 

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #5,554 of 9,902
  i receive my order quick or i try receive lot of money with help of ugly american lawyer's...And if i start i try to receive much more money to avoid indifferent attitude to customers in future. 

Ok, I was somewhat empathetic but now, clearly, you deserve to get your money back. Really Justin, just give him his money back...

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #5,555 of 9,902
  This not my problem . This a problem of Justin , who have on official site the terms of pre-order "Ships in: Request Quote". I have all papers about my payments, about my request and Justin's reply. I have all emails. I save email where Justin promised to send my order in 6 month. And law from my side. So now its only questions or i receive my order quick or i try receive lot of money with help of ugly american lawyer's...And if i start i try to receive much more money to avoid indifferent attitude to customers in future. 

Justin, please just refund this guy the money.  Many headfiers are willing to take his place.  Aleks I understand your frustration but at the end of the day...you are the one who will lost out at the end.

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #5,556 of 9,902
No problem :) 7945 usd or 5842 euro - and i forget about all of this ... or my bhse until 1st of september. In otherwise no need bhse , no need transfer , and i will start speak with lawyer's - good idea ?? I think some lawyers will happy have a new win and some money in case with "fraudulent action".. What  do you think ? :) I hope Justin can read posts and solve this problem quick.  Have a nice sound and steel nervous for all ! :)

Things to bring happy and positive emotions but not for remember i lose lot of nervous and time 

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #5,557 of 9,902
If you get a refund, it will be the amount you paid, not some random inflated number.

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #5,558 of 9,902
Alek, I want to share with you my point of you.

I am a layman in electronics. I have been trying to build an amplifier, a DIY amplifier. I have been following forums trying to learn how to solder, how to deal with high voltage, where to buy reliable components etc. 

Transformers sometimes fail. High voltage semiconductors that used to be in these circuits are discontinued. There are fake semiconductors. Printed circuit boards sometimes are not good enough for high voltage. You have to check parts before assembling. You need people with good attention to detail. 

I am currently trying to source an aluminum chassis. I am reticent buying a Chinese chassis because some units arrive damaged (perhaps they just do not mind or it just has poor packaging). It is just an amazing task to have you design made to your specifications, find someone to anodize it etc. 

If you have Samsung scale, you can afford automated processes, surface mount devices etc. A supplier is committed to deliver high quality devices and services because such supplier cannot afford losing a client with such scale.

The same dissatisfaction you have with this delay, Headamp may have with some suppliers. Everything needs testing and it takes times. If some supplier fails, you need to negotiate, find another one etc. It is all time consuming. I wonder how much these amplifiers would cost if Headamp charged the same return of investment you have with your business. 

Many head-fiers you are contending have already built amplifiers and has these experience thus their amusement with your point of view.
Headamp has been posting details about the anodizing, the packaging etc. You are so close to receive your amplifier. I have just written these because I have made wrong decisions before just because I did not have the critical knowledge to make the right choice.

I really do not know what the right choice is for you, but I encourage you to research about what it takes to build these amplifiers before deciding to go any other route.

Sorry for the long post.

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #5,560 of 9,902

This is some kind of joke. The law isn't on his side. He can request a refund and he will be entitled to the money he paid in usd. No bank fees, no currency conversion risk, and definitely no interest. Justin would just need to send what he originally got. The threat of the lawyer is just dumb. First off any real lawyer will cost him 500-1000 to start which would be a demand letter for the amount paid. Why do that when someone (including me) would be happy to pay amount owed by justin without all the other ridiculous charges he wants. It would save him 500-1000 in lawyer charges and resolve his issue faster.

Problem is it is unclear what he wants justin to do. Yes Justin is probably way beyond his original quoted date. Justin is probably going as fast as he can so it's not like his bitching will make it go faster (likely the opposite). Does he just want an email saying going as fast as I can and should be soon? But when poster didnt ask for refund, it is tacit acceptance of delay. There is no give me some money because you are slow in delivering. Does he want refund because he is tired of waiting or unsure if he has been scammed? Then ask for someone to take his place for the money he could legally get. Anything more is just profiting which is fine, but let's not disguise it as something else. I notice that he hasn't asked justin for refund yet so how unhappy can he really be? The only reason I can think for his post is the most obvious one. He just wants to bitch and bluster. Understandable as he has been waiting quite a while, but that is all it is. Stress relief and hot air. I am curious on how he was able to pay for the entire amount vs a deposit. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out a way to do so via paypal and/or headamp's website.

I do think it is funny we hardly have any complaints till right around when justin is going to deliver and then bam, a ton of bitching and complaining. Personally I think it is psychological. You feel it more when you think it is right there in front of you. For example, the poster didn't make a head-fi account till today to complain about justin. By poster's own statements, he is long overdue on his bhse so why didn't he make an account and start complaining last year when it was over due and justin basically had little no idea when it might happen given his supply issues. People are funny that way. Even though it looks more likely that he will receive his bhse very soon, he is actually unhappier than when it had no idea when he might get it.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #5,562 of 9,902
Guys, if you're going to discuss the issues you have with delivery, please do so without being rude.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #5,563 of 9,902
This is some kind of joke. The law isn't on his side. He can request a refund and he will be entitled to the money he paid in usd. No bank fees, no currency conversion risk, and definitely no interest. Justin would just need to send what he originally got. The threat of the lawyer is just dumb. First off any real lawyer will cost him 500-1000 to start which would be a demand letter for the amount paid. Why do that when someone (including me) would be happy to pay amount owed by justin without all the other ridiculous charges he wants. It would save him 500-1000 in lawyer charges and resolve his issue faster.

Problem is it is unclear what he wants justin to do. Yes Justin is probably way beyond his original quoted date. Justin is probably going as fast as he can so it's not like his bitching will make it go faster (likely the opposite). Does he just want an email saying going as fast as I can and should be soon? But when poster didnt ask for refund, it is tacit acceptance of delay. There is no give me some money because you are slow in delivering. Does he want refund because he is tired of waiting or unsure if he has been scammed? Then ask for someone to take his place for the money he could legally get. Anything more is just profiting which is fine, but let's not disguise it as something else. I notice that he hasn't asked justin for refund yet so how unhappy can he really be? The only reason I can think for his post is the most obvious one. He just wants to bitch and bluster. Understandable as he has been waiting quite a while, but that is all it is. Stress relief and hot air. I am curious on how he was able to pay for the entire amount vs a deposit. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out a way to do so via paypal and/or headamp's website.

I do think it is funny we hardly have any complaints till right around when justin is going to deliver and then bam, a ton of bitching and complaining. Personally I think it is psychological. You feel it more when you think it is right there in front of you. For example, the poster didn't make a head-fi account till today to complain about justin. By poster's own statements, he is long overdue on his bhse so why didn't he make an account and start complaining last year when it was over due and justin basically had little no idea when it might happen given his supply issues. People are funny that way. Even though it looks more likely that he will receive his bhse very soon, he is actually unhappier than when it had no idea when he might get it.

I've been posting a lot of updates in this thread, including photos that show the BHSEs for this batch assembled and lined up. so things are very, very close to shipping. I'm also confused why someone who hasn't asked for a refund is talking about a lawyer, and I don't respond to anything like that. There was a time a few years ago when a guy sent me an email asking for a refund, and I sent it, and then he posted disappointment here because he didn't actually want a refund, but thought that I would suddenly say "It's shipping today!" or something. sorry, but I do not have a secret stash of completed inventory. i'm going to continue to post pics of the BHSEs burning in over the next 2 weeks

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 14, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #5,564 of 9,902
I am not on any side.  I do agree headamp has rooms to improve her customer service.  However, no offense, what Alerks kot2222 said doesn't make sense even his maths are correct.

No matter what is the exchange rate, from legal point of view, the transaction between you and headamp is the amount for the product without banking charges.  How you get your U.S. dollars has no business with headamp.  The amount the bank charged you for the U.S. dollars is another transaction.  If you are not happy with the condition, Headamp only needs to refund you the amount in U.S. dollars, how much you will get back in Euro is another transaction between you and the bank.  Besides, you cannot make any assumption which predicts the future.  Today, your business may have 10% return, however, at the point when you pay headamp, that is the information you were not able to know.  Otherwise, anyone owes me money, then I can say I would buy certain stocks which have much higher values today with those money and ask for more.  That is predicting future behavior from the past with today's information.

I do understand your frustration, head-fi forum is a place for headphone lovers to exchange and share information.  I think all members welcome any gentleman to express their experience and feeling here.  Whether to ask for your refund is your choice, and we will respect that.

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #5,565 of 9,902
  Too funny !!! :) :) 
Great advice! Anybody must listen the advice of a man who does not know how to send a money without PayPal - it's certainly a very competent expert :)

I wasn't really giving advice except that the legal threat makes no sense and that should save you from spending money unwisely on a lawyer.  As for other advice, I didn't really offer any.  Not because I didn't want to.  But I just don't understand what you are looking for advice on.

I get you are unhappy.  As I said earlier, you are just wanting to complain and blow off some steam, then I feel your pain.  If you are looking for real options, you can get a refund (I would recommend doing the refund via letting someone else take your spot, but up to you), or post that you are selling your spot on For Sale for whatever you want extra, or just wait it out and hopefully get your amp soon.

As for the sending money without PayPal comment, I would recommend you take a good look at your own financial practices.  I wasn't the one who send the full price of a product for a delivery in the far future when a 1/5 deposit was only required which is the heart of your problem.  Also, not sure why someone wouldn't use the protections that paypal offers vs, I assume, doing some type of wire transfer or check or whatever.  No fees for buyer for PayPal and better protections than even normal credit cards offer.  I would highly recommend you use PayPal or similar service in the future.  But up to you, its your financial decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back