Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #5,581 of 9,902
Might be a bit off topic, but what makes you want a KGSSHV if you have a BHSE?

And if I understand it correctly, the parts required for a KGSSHV shouldn't be that hard to get?

Well because I now enjoy listening to my 009's so much, I don't really want to be put in a position where I can't, and if anything happened to my BHSE I'd still be able to use the 009's with a KGSSHV while the BHSE was being repaired, also, before listening to my 009's, I prefer to leave my BHSE on power for at least an hour, and having the KGSSHV would allow me to listen to them straight away.
The KGSSHV would also probably make the 009's sound slightly different which will give me a change when I'm wanting.

I don't expect a KGSSHV to make the 009's sound as good as the BHSE, but from what I've been told it still drives the 009's very well. 
Lastly, I'm after a SS stats amp, simply because I won't leave my BHSE on power while I'm out, but with the KGSSHV being a SS stats amp I'd be happy to do that.

This will probably be about 2 years before I'll have the spare money for the KGSSHV, so hopefully by then Justin might've started building them.

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #5,582 of 9,902
Well because I now enjoy listening to my 009's so much, I don't really want to be put in a position where I can't, and if anything happened to my BHSE I'd still be able to use the 009's with a KGSSHV while the BHSE was being repaired, also, before listening to my 009's, I prefer to leave my BHSE on power for at least an hour, and having the KGSSHV would allow me to listen to them straight away.
The KGSSHV would also probably make the 009's sound slightly different which will give me a change when I'm wanting.

I don't expect a KGSSHV to make the 009's sound as good as the BHSE, but from what I've been told it still drives the 009's very well. 
Lastly, I'm after a SS stats amp, simply because I won't leave my BHSE on power while I'm out, but with the KGSSHV being a SS stats amp I'd be happy to do that.

This will probably be about 2 years before I'll have the spare money for the KGSSHV, so hopefully by then Justin might've started building them.

Good point :)

I don't leave my SS on while I'm out anyway, but I suppose it wouldn't be a problem like it would with a tube amp.

I wish there these amps were more common in Europe so auditioning one wouldn't be so difficult...

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #5,583 of 9,902
"Alek, thank you for speaking out but in the end, most waited 1 yrs + and other 2 yrs +, what is a couple more weeks going to take?  It is about principle but it is also your body." - better for me have a deadline , for example 1st September , 1st October - but i want receive a real promise , not fake. And of course i want my bhse. If i no need bhse - i dont order it ....

to bfreedma

"So ask for your money back."  - but Justin dont inform me about he cant send my order to me !!!! 
January "next week i will start to send" - ok . i wait . 
February - no
March - no 
April - i sent lot a few email "where is my order ???" - no reply 
May - "i have problem with plate (custom , check , burn , etc) but i start to send your order next week!" - ok. i wait
June - no 
End of June "i start to send your order next week !" - ok . i wait 
Now the middle of july , and same "i start to send your order next week!"

Why i must ask Justin for payback of my transfer if every time i heard "i start to send your order next week" ???
If all information before july was fake , why i must trust him now ? 

to   purk
"Give him 3 to 4 more weeks and you will get your amp man."

:) :) Ok , just for you ! I can give him 2 month ! This  more than 3-4 weeks ?? Ok. I will wait till 15 September and no send any new letter to Justin , not write any new posts here. 
I just want to stop this stupid situation and stop waste my nervous to speak with lot of guys who talking about its nice type of business.. 

A few month ago i was sent a prepayment for Tesla X. This  a  small prepayment , not 100% .. And Tesla change the date of start to produce this car  for half year (from middle 2014 to start of 2015). I receive more than 3 or 4 legal letter with apologies , all of this contain the line "if you want we can send your money back with our apologies, we are real sorry about it ..." , etc. This is a samples of nice businessman. So i still wait with happy  ...  Feel the difference 

Good luck for all ! 
Justin , i trust you last time 

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #5,584 of 9,902
  "Alek, thank you for speaking out but in the end, most waited 1 yrs + and other 2 yrs +, what is a couple more weeks going to take?  It is about principle but it is also your body." - better for me have a deadline , for example 1st September , 1st October - but i want receive a real promise , not fake. And of course i want my bhse. If i no need bhse - i dont order it ....

to bfreedma

"So ask for your money back."  - but Justin dont inform me about he cant send my order to me !!!! 
January "next week i will start to send" - ok . i wait . 
February - no
March - no 
April - i sent lot a few email "where is my order ???" - no reply 
May - "i have problem with plate (custom , check , burn , etc) but i start to send your order next week!" - ok. i wait
June - no 
End of June "i start to send your order next week !" - ok . i wait 
Now the middle of july , and same "i start to send your order next week!"

Why i must ask Justin for payback of my transfer if every time i heard "i start to send your order next week" ???
If all information before july was fake , why i must trust him now ? 

to   purk
"Give him 3 to 4 more weeks and you will get your amp man."

:) :) Ok , just for you ! I can give him 2 month ! This  more than 3-4 weeks ?? Ok. I will wait till 15 September and no send any new letter to Justin , not write any new posts here. 
I just want to stop this stupid situation and stop waste my nervous to speak with lot of guys who talking about its nice type of business.. 

A few month ago i was sent a prepayment for Tesla X. This  a  small prepayment , not 100% .. And Tesla change the date of start to produce this car  for half year (from middle 2014 to start of 2015). I receive more than 3 or 4 legal letter with apologies , all of this contain the line "if you want we can send your money back with our apologies, we are real sorry about it ..." , etc. This is a samples of nice businessman. So i still wait with happy  ...  Feel the difference 

Good luck for all ! 
Justin , i trust you last time 

Amazing how all of the rest of us manage to handle the wait....

I'd have some sympathy for you if you weren't looking for some form of punitive damages and threatening a lawsuit.  A cursory glance at this thread should have been enough to know that delivery timetables were flexible.  Asking for a 20% "bonus" refund because you had to wait like everyone else is absurd.

As stated before, if you can't handle the Headamp business model, ask for your deposit back and look elsewhere.  Ask for your money directly - don't ask about delivery dates.  I'm sure Justin will have no trouble filling your slot.

Frankly, if I was Justin and dealing with someone threatening legal action, I'd refund your money and run away from you at high speed.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #5,585 of 9,902
Amazing how all of the rest of us manage to handle the wait....

I'd have some sympathy for you if you weren't looking for some form of punitive damages and threatening a lawsuit.  A cursory glance at this thread should have been enough to know that delivery timetables were flexible.  Asking for a 20% "bonus" refund because you had to wait like everyone else is absurd.

As stated before, if you can't handle the Headamp business model, ask for your deposit back and look elsewhere.  Ask for your money directly - don't ask about delivery dates.  I'm sure Justin will have no trouble filling your slot.

Frankly, if I was Justin and dealing with someone threatening legal action, I'd refund your money and run away from you at high speed.

Yeah regarding punitive damages and threats of lawsuits I completely agree.

This part was my favorite tho:
No problem :) [COLOR=FF0000]7945 usd or 5842 euro[/COLOR] - and i forget about all of this ... or my bhse until 1st of september. In otherwise no need bhse , no need transfer , and i will start speak with lawyer's - good idea ?? I think some lawyers will happy have a new win and some money in case with "fraudulent action".. What  do you think ? :) I hope Justin can read posts and solve this problem quick.  Have a nice sound and steel nervous for all ! :)
Things to bring happy and positive emotions but not for remember i lose lot of nervous and time 

:confused_face_2:

I guess no one was promised a definite legally binding delivery date as well, so... :rolleyes:

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #5,586 of 9,902
Yeah regarding punitive damages and threats of lawsuits I completely agree.

This part was my favorite tho:
confused_face_2.gif

I guess no one was promised a definite legally binding delivery date as well, so...
rolleyes.gif

Wait, maybe he's on to something....
I waited almost a year for my GS-X - think I should ask Justin to compensate me for the difference in the value of the dollar from order date to delivery date?
blink.gif

(just kidding, obviously)

This could really be a money saver.  Hey BMW, it took you 5 months to build my M3 - I want some money back.  Yeah, that would probably work......

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #5,587 of 9,902
I guess this is now bhse group addicts support thread.

The issue isn't whether or not there is a legal binding delivery date. Even if there was one, there are no damages specified and basically your only option is to demand a refund.

Alex used tesla as an example earlier. I got one of the roadsters. At the time I ordered, I could have easily never seen it as it was an early startup. If they went belly up, I likely would have lost my deposit. When the delivery dates for roadster were pushed back, there wasn't the greatest communication and I guess I could have asked for my deposit back (although legally I don't think they needed to do it as deposit "bought" you place in line). Now Telsa is way bigger and much better organized so communication is much better. So when headamp is the size of Telsa, I think comparing them customer service wise would be fair.

But Alex and others were in same place as I was when tesla roadsters were being made. If he is unsure that he wants to risk whether or not his amp will get done, then ask for a refund. He implies that he has and he felt justin was just trying to stall him. Well I gave him another option. Ask someone here to refund your money. Someone else is likely willing to risk that justin is being truthful. If he tried to ask justin for additional money like he did here and/or threaten legal action, then no wonder he didn't get response.

Just be realistic. If you feel that justin is pulling some scam, then get your refund via allowing someone to take your spot. You should be happy to get most of your money back as if you are right about a scam or just failure through mismanagement, then you would get nothing with little/no recourse. If you don't think there is enough evidence to make you cancel your order, then don't try to convince others that it is scam as your actions speak louder than your words. If you are asking for opinions, then others have expressed them. Basically you have all the solutions and options, whether they are palpable or not. It you want to just hear yourself make complaints, then mission accomplished.

Btw, not to scare you, but search for single power and read about that scam from what was considered a respectable manufacturer. So who knows maybe you are right. If you decide to really ask for refund and feel like justin is giving you the run around, I'll happy take the risk and refund your money as a favor to you even though I have another deposit down. If I get cheated, you can feel smarter and that you dodged a bullet. If I don't, ...

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #5,588 of 9,902
I wish there these amps were more common in Europe so auditioning one wouldn't be so difficult...

When possible, obviously the very best thing to do is audition audio gear before buying, and as you say in Europe it's not easy, it was even less so when I first ordered the BHSE which was in 2010.
In 2010 I had to cancel that order because I knew I wouldn't be able to make the remaining payment, but in March 2011 I ordered it again knowing this time I would.
Before I ordered in 2010, I didn't get to audition it but I did read a lot about it, and I never came across one bad thing said about it, plus I think it's utterly beautiful, but what convinced me to place an order was after reading a post Birgir wrote about it.
One of the things I read about was it's build quality, but seeing it for real it's build quality looked and felt amazing, in fact I put it's build quality almost as good as my K-01's.

I was listening to my 009 / BHSE / K-01 before I wrote this post, and IMO it's a system that has to be heard, especially when using the PH tubes with the BHSE.

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #5,589 of 9,902

Everything I have ever read about the BHSE is that the wait time is extremely long, unpredictable, and variable.  This is common knowledge.  It is also common knowledge that Justin ultimately delivers the amp and that it is underpriced considering the build and sound quality. Also, I suspect you, not Elon Musk, is paying for Tesla's responsive customer service.  Sounds like you would have been happier paying $12K and getting your amp in 3 months, although most folks probably prefer the current Headamp business model. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #5,590 of 9,902

Not bad reasoning, though I've noticed (maybe it's in my head) that the KGSShv should be on for quite a while (1h at least) to sound its best. You're in the happy position of having a BHSE (which I think will prove very reliable) and also wanting a KGSShv. I'm in the slightly less happy position of having a KGSShv (indeed, it is superb) and also wanting a BHSE. One of these takes more time and money to acquire :)

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #5,591 of 9,902

I'm of the same mind as you. However I was lucky and spritzer had a kgsshv he sold me so that what I use while waiting for my bhse. Anyone know if it was the bhse or gsx or both that would have issues being built as parts used are out of production and justin is starting to run low?

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #5,592 of 9,902
I'm of the same mind as you. However I was lucky and spritzer had a kgsshv he sold me so that what I use while waiting for my bhse. Anyone know if it was the bhse or gsx or both that would have issues being built as parts used are out of production and justin is starting to run low?

Good choice snagging a Spritzer KGSShv! Unfortunately, from what little I know and read, it seems like all of the above are affected by the applicable transistors going out of production without suitable replacements. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #5,593 of 9,902
  Good choice snagging a Spritzer KGSShv! Unfortunately, from what little I know and read, it seems like all of the above are affected by the applicable transistors going out of production without suitable replacements. 

That's where the IXYS 500V version comes in. That said, after owning both, I do slightly prefer the "sweeter" sounding 1968SA 450V version. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #5,594 of 9,902
  Not bad reasoning, though I've noticed (maybe it's in my head) that the KGSShv should be on for quite a while (1h at least) to sound its best. You're in the happy position of having a BHSE (which I think will prove very reliable) and also wanting a KGSShv. I'm in the slightly less happy position of having a KGSShv (indeed, it is superb) and also wanting a BHSE. One of these takes more time and money to acquire :)

Yes, I found 40 min to 1hr for the KGSSHV to hit its stride. Interestingly, the T2 is up to speed in a much shorter time span.

That's where the IXYS 500V version comes in. That said, after owning both, I do slightly prefer the "sweeter" sounding 1968SA 450V version.

Partly, as there are still a few discontinued parts that are used even in the iXYS version. It was really the scarcity and price of the Sanyo 1968 part that was the issue. Not sure if the newest iterations of the kGSSHV boards have suitable replacements for all the discontinued transistors.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #5,595 of 9,902
Yes, I found 40 min to 1hr for the KGSSHV to hit its stride. Interestingly, the T2 is up to speed in a much shorter time span.

Partly, as there are still a few discontinued parts that are used even in the iXYS version. It was really the scarcity and price of the Sanyo 1968 part that was the issue. Not sure if the newest iterations of the kGSSHV boards have suitable replacements for all the discontinued transistors.

Georgep,

Maybe I am reading into your response, but your response seems to imply you have a t2. If so, I would love to hear your comments on it vs. kgsshv 450v vs bhse (if you have one of those). Also, is it one of the DIY t2 or stax t2?

My understanding that no good replacement for out of production Sanyo parts currently. However, I do have hope for some of the solar related stuff can be used which would rock as there is some highly capable stuff. I have seen some of Kevin gilmore's designs that should be possible. While I can read a circuit layout and understand on a theoretical level advantages of one design vs another, I don't have the skills to relate xyz design to how it actually effects the sound in detail or the circuit building experience to build some myself. This is what happens when you only have schooling on EE vs lots of practical experience.

My main conclusions though is that bhse and kgsshv are known quantities and they will go the way of the dodo. Suitable replacements might be found but they may be better or likely worse since the bar is set so high with bhse and kgsshv and the experience to build them is a lot less. In other words, I recommend people get their kgsshv or bhse while it is still reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back