Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 14, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #5,566 of 9,902
Also, not sure why someone wouldn't use the protections that paypal offers vs, I assume, doing some type of wire transfer or check or whatever.  No fees for buyer for PayPal and better protections than even normal credit cards offer.  I would highly recommend you use PayPal or similar service in the future.  But up to you, its your financial decisions.

Back when I bought my BHSE, I paid for only part of the full amount via PayPal. I knew a chunk of any PayPal amount would be deducted in fees on HeadAmp's end, so in order to lessen those fees, I paid for about half of the total via personal check instead. PayPal does make it really convenient to use a credit card (which I used to take advantage of as much as possible in order to rack up card points), but the BHSE was just an exception I decided to make since I genuinely wanted as much cash as possible to go to HeadAmp. Had the amp paid in full almost a year before I actually got the amp. Don't really see a reason why anyone else couldn't do what I did, with the exception of check-bouncing scammers, of course.
wink.gif

As for people complaining about HeadAmp's lack of communication and/or delivery: I quietly ordered a custom one-off silver GS-X MK1 in the summer of 2007, because at the time there was only the black option available and I wanted silver instead. I expected the amp would take a year at most, but I never bothered Justin—never called him, or sent him PMs asking about its status, or anything like that. The only time I ever asked about it was when I saw him in person at meets when there was a free minute to talk to him. I knew he'd eventually deliver and I was willing to wait however long it took. Oh, and I paid in advance, actually as soon as I had the full amount!

I finally got the amp just over 3 years later (December 2010), and was supremely happy when I got it.
smile.gif
The point of my story is that Justin is 200% trustworthy & reliable, unlike other vendors in the past who shall remain nameless. True, his waiting times may be legendary, but he's never failed to deliver a product.

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #5,568 of 9,902
I agree with all - bad peace much better than nice war 
But i think much better to inform your buyers BEFORE deal about "you will receive your order in 2 years" . If you agree - will pay , if no - you can choose another company and another product. This is fair deal.
I was more happy if i agree to wait 2 years and receive my order after 1,5 years. Nice emotions , respect for company , etc.  But now .... No any apologies for delay, just "i am good , you are piece of s..t""i've posted a some photos".... Not only photos!!! i was receive a 3-4 email (february 2014 , april-may 2014 , june 2014) with line : "i will start to send your order next week" !!! And after that nothing happens....

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #5,569 of 9,902
It does kinda shock me how some people are freaking out "now", after the (expected) long wait is almost over. Justin has shown us the units and packaging. Now they are still in quality control (unit testing and burn in), he has been orderly collecting the final amounts so that shipping can occur as soon as possible.

I'm not getting mad, I'm getting excited!

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #5,570 of 9,902
It does kinda shock me how some people are freaking out "now", after the (expected) long wait is almost over. Justin has shown us the units and packaging. Now they are still in quality control (unit testing and burn in), he has been orderly collecting the final amounts so that shipping can occur as soon as possible.

I'm not getting mad, I'm getting excited!

Maybe it is because people were given the impression they were in the final stage before shipping months ago?

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #5,572 of 9,902
January 2014  "Alex,

The BHSE is nearly complete. i just got the front panels and am finishing assembly

Thanks,
Justin"

May 2014 "Hi,

I am finishing all the BHSEs now. the last part is just testing and shipping. the custom packaging is supposed to be here this week or next week then i can start shipping

Thanks,
Justin"

June 2014  "Alex,

the custom packaging was shipped to me today, i should have it by the end of this week then i can start shipping

-Justin"

Really nice ! 

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #5,573 of 9,902
Ordering items from a small company like Justin's is like dealing with an "Artist."  They have something you want hence yes on Justin has an upper hand in this game.

Evidently from 372pages of this thread, Justin really needs to step up in terms of making the proper announcement in time rather than leaving your customers hanging.   I am pretty sure that most people here would understand/appreciate even it was about some bad news.  Some news is better than no news.

As for Justin email reply.  A detail FAQ on his site should help to weed out those repetitive email so he can better reply the emails that really needs answering.  

If there was someone else that offers same quality/pricing ratio, I can see lots of people left the wagon long before.  Otherwise, deal with it like others suggested or build yourself one.

As for people that are name calling and putting negative wordings, it is "Internet" as you have your freedom of speech but we are on the same boat so do feel for others' frustration.

Alek, thank you for speaking out but in the end, most waited 1 yrs + and other 2 yrs +, what is a couple more weeks going to take?  It is about principle but it is also your body.  

Take care.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #5,574 of 9,902
  January 2014  "Alex,

The BHSE is nearly complete. i just got the front panels and am finishing assembly

Thanks,
Justin"

May 2014 "Hi,

I am finishing all the BHSEs now. the last part is just testing and shipping. the custom packaging is supposed to be here this week or next week then i can start shipping

Thanks,
Justin"

June 2014  "Alex,

the custom packaging was shipped to me today, i should have it by the end of this week then i can start shipping

-Justin"

Really nice ! 

So ask for your money back.  Your attempt to extort some trumped up additional charges are absurd.  Threatening legal action because you want to be refunded MORE than your deposit?  Really?

Anyone following this thread should have been well aware of the uncertainty of delivery dates prior to ordering and moved on to other product if you needed delivery date certainty.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #5,575 of 9,902
Agree with a lot of the posts here, buying from Headamp it is par for the course that you'll be waiting quite a bit and communication is not necessarily going to be instant, it is what it is.  Posts like from Aleks make it seem like all of the sudden Justin has gotten shady or something which has never been the case.  Also glad to see at least some folks have a good sense of humor about it!

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #5,576 of 9,902
I'm not sure why some are posting their complaints on the BHSE and GS-X thread, because after all no one can do anything about it other than Justin. IMO you should either send him a PM and wait for a reply, or just cancel your order and have done with it.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #5,577 of 9,902
What makes you think people did not reach out privately first?

I would think public whining tends to come when all other venues turn out to be dead ends, no?

There are no personal gains from complaining in public about this issue, it would only hurt your case, and maybe even just get your deposit returned (I wonder how the actual value of that money is today compared to say 2 years ago...) and no BHSE for you...

However, a heads up to fellow head-fi'ers of the long wait and poor communication might be a good thing, or at least understandable...

And while I understand this type of commentary might hurt his business and most likely will be frowned upon, but seeing as there aren't a lot of options if you want a BHSE, I think a few justified complaints might just be OK.

It's not like there is a huge problem fixing the issue, - give reasonable estimates and answer email on a more-than-bimonthly-basis...

:deadhorse:

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #5,578 of 9,902
What makes you think people did not reach out privately first?

They might have , but I can't any point in posting complaints on the BHSE and GS-X thread other than letting off steam.
I waited 15 months for my BHSE, and while I love everything about that amp, I plan on getting ( when I've the spare money ) the KGSSHV, and if Justin starts building them I'll be getting one from him, regardless me knowing of the possible wait time.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #5,579 of 9,902
Alek,

What do u want him to do? Your amp is almost ready. Get ur money back and buy the A10 thunderbolt? And yes I do agree that Justin needs to give a more realistic shipping date but he can't be hold responsible for his supplier mistakes. Atleast he has always update this thread about the build status. Give him 3 to 4 more weeks and you will get your amp man.

Jul 14, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #5,580 of 9,902
They might have , but I can't any point in posting complaints on the BHSE and GS-X thread other than letting off steam.
I waited 15 months for my BHSE, and while I love everything about that amp, I plan on getting ( when I've the spare money ) the KGSSHV, and if Justin starts building them I'll be getting one from him, regardless me knowing of the possible wait time.

Might be a bit off topic, but what makes you want a KGSSHV if you have a BHSE?

And if I understand it correctly, the parts required for a KGSSHV shouldn't be that hard to get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back