Head-to-Head: AIAIAI TMA-1 vs. Audio Technica ATH-M50 (TMA-1 Review)
Dec 14, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #77 of 161
Hey, i've had my TMA's for a lil bit more than a week now, and i've noticed a big decrease in bass quantity. Happened after i pluged them on my laptop, then put them back on my ipod.

Did you guys had anything similar happen to you ?

It might be the headband getting loose the more I wear them, but even when I push the cans against my ears the bass doesn't sound nearly as punchy as before.

Should I consider sending them back ?

EDIT : Just called DJ Tech tools about it, they told me its was a recuring problem with the first batch of TMA's and that Aiaiai was taking care of the returns. I'll probably have to send them to Danemark to get a new one. :/

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #78 of 161

Quote:
As a mocked early adopter, I feel vindicated. :)

Tell me about it. I was here on launch day and I was mocked as a AIAIAI employee. This headphones are a work of art for the price. I pair it with my uDAC2 and man, this is thing is out of this world listen to James Blake — CMYK for example.

At the end I'm not as a newbie as I imagined. :)

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #80 of 161
Quote:
Quote:
PS, Curly, did you notice that AIAIAI themselves has this review ported on their Facebook? 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AIAIAI/233434024157

Oh nice! haha

LOL!  That's awesome!  Thanks for the heads up.  I don't have a Facebook so I had no idea.  Maybe they'll consider my plea for a consumer edition. :wink:

Quote:
Hey, i've had my TMA's for a lil bit more than a week now, and i've noticed a big decrease in bass quantity. Happened after i pluged them on my laptop, then put them back on my ipod.

Did you guys had anything similar happen to you ?

It might be the headband getting loose the more I wear them, but even when I push the cans against my ears the bass doesn't sound nearly as punchy as before.

Should I consider sending them back ?

EDIT : Just called DJ Tech tools about it, they told me its was a recuring problem with the first batch of TMA's and that Aiaiai was taking care of the returns. I'll probably have to send them to Danemark to get a new one. :/

Oh wow.  Sorry to hear that but thanks for the head's up.  Before reading your edit I figured that it would just be you getting accustomed to the SQ.  I had the same thing after a week with my already well-worn Darth Beyers which are, as everyone knows, bass monsters.  Gave it a rest and listened to the K271 for a couple days and upon returning to the Beyers the bass "magically" returned.  Perception can be a tricky thing...

Listening to mine now without any complaints.  Just to be sure I put on some Mistabishi again and turned up the bass boost.  Yeah... it still gives one hell of an ear massage. 
basshead.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #81 of 161

You got me intrigued about getting the electric avenues portable PA2V2 amp. 

I was wondering if it will make a world of differences with the tma-1 connected just to my ipod touch. 

or would it be too much, for portal use.....

thanks curly!!

Dec 15, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #82 of 161
@ OP, nice write up.  Certainly intrigued by the TMA-1, especially considering they were compared to my beloved M50s!  I don't doubt they sound incredible, but I won't be trading in my M50s for these, which have been thoroughly burned in and sound amazing as is.  Also I prefer the durability, ruggedness and overall traditional DJ/studio design of M50, which I can fold up and throw in my day pack without worry.  Not to mention I got mine for less than $100!  Still would be interested in giving the TMA-1 a listen someday.  Thanks for taking the time to write up the comparison. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #83 of 161

Quote:

I was wondering if it will make a world of differences with the tma-1 connected just to my ipod touch. 

thanks curly!!

The PA2V2 will likely just make them sound worse.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #85 of 161
Just wondering Curly (/Everyone else who has these phones)...

How long should I burn them in for? I left them burning in through the night and a bit more while I'm organizing my Music, how long does it take for these to sound their best through burn in?

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #86 of 161

Quote:

How long should I burn them in for? I left them burning in through the night and a bit more while I'm organizing my Music, how long does it take for these to sound their best through burn in?

F burn in. Just use the damn things and enjoy them. This forum takes the fun out of MUSIC.

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #87 of 161

Quote:
Quote:

F burn in. Just use the damn things and enjoy them. This forum takes the fun out of MUSIC.

X2..... It sure can a lot of the time.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #90 of 161

Quote:
Quote:

thanks curly!!

The PA2V2 will likely just make them sound worse.

how come? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back