Head-Fier of the year?
Dec 30, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #31 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh come on you're all falling for Aaron's plan! He really only did it for the chicks.

Shhhh...They each don't know about each other yet.

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #32 of 89
I nominate Toonie, sacdlover and mikhail for unprompted generosity and kindness

(sorry, can't nominate one over the other)

Dec 30, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #33 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with the nomination for Immtbiker, but lets not forget Tyll Hertsens. He was a huge part of the first national meet as well.
cool.gif

Afrikane has certainly been very generous, as has ASR.
smily_headphones1.gif

Those 3 definitly take the cake...

After Jude of course.

Dec 30, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #34 of 89
MOT's should not be eligible, imo.

Jude, of course, should always get yearly kudos, almost without saying.

Dec 30, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #36 of 89
I think we need to decide a winner and actually reward them.

I will pledge to make the winner a custom headphone stand with his or her input.

What else can we come up with?

Who will volunteer to be the secretary here and keep track of everything, including votes?

It would be nice to have a brass nameplate to affix to the stand signifying Head-Fier of the year status.

Dec 31, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #37 of 89
How about making a poll instead?

And yeah, how about excluding the MOTs and moderators from this vote, as those are pretty obvious choices. Or we could have a separate poll for MOT of the year.

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #40 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no one said mbriant? Hes an admin like jude...

Ya, no kidding. He's also our most dedicated moderator. No offense to anyone else, guys (i.e., fellow mods), but you've got to admit it, Mike does the lion's share around here.

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #41 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we need to decide a winner and actually reward them.

I will pledge to make the winner a custom headphone stand with his or her input.

What else can we come up with?

Who will volunteer to be the secretary here and keep track of everything, including votes?

It would be nice to have a brass nameplate to affix to the stand signifying Head-Fier of the year status.

That sounds pretty cool. We should give it a little more time for people to put forward their nominaitons. Then create a new poll thread for the purpose of voting only (i.e., no comments allowed) to ensure that no biases enter into it.

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #43 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds pretty cool. We should give it a little more time for people to put forward their nominaitons. Then create a new poll thread for the purpose of voting only (i.e., no comments allowed) to ensure that no biases enter into it.

I agree.
I think that since I will be making a stand for the winner I should not be involved in the process anymore than necessary, as to insure no favortism.
Will someone step forward at the appropriate time to start the new voting thread?

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #44 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree.
I think that since I will be making a stand for the winner I should not be involved in the process anymore than necessary, as to insure no favortism.
Will someone step forward at the appropriate time to start the new voting thread?

I can handle the thread.. But how are you going to vote certain people for certain categories?? Multiple threads?

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #45 of 89
I don't think we have multiple categories? I would generally agree with no MoT's, and certainly not a "best MoT" category. Tyll went above and beyond his normal MoT status though in contributing hugely to the logistics of the national meet. The admin/mod question is also tough. Immtbiker is a strong frontrunner, and is a moderator. Same as Tyll, his contribution in the past year went well past his moderating duties, and thus he should be counted as a regular joe for the national meet planning. I don't see any reason not to include Jude, Mbriant, or any other outstanding contributor to this site in the running. Basically I guess, let's include any nomination and let the people decide. Perhaps we should at least throw in the requirement of a "second" to the nomination so as to cut down on the clutter.

So far our outstanding nominations are:
Afrikane
Patrick82
Immtbiker
Tyll
Jude
Mbriant

With one mention each, as I suggested let's require a second to be included in the voting. I included multiples who were named by the same person but let's cut down on that for the rest of the nomination process. Pick one from here out.

MarkL
imho
Jahn
Edwood
Tyrion
Toonie
sacdlover
mikhail
looser101
John Grado
BHD812

I guess I just became the secretary, oops.

Oops didn't mean to step on your toes Mr Baseball. I responded to you and forgot you were volunteering for the duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back