Head-Fier of the year?
Jan 1, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #62 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why God made testicles, to warm things up. Just place the headphone cups on the outer edges of the scrotum... Oh never mind, you don't need an instruction manual.
wink.gif

Hey it's not as gross as Samgotit's thigh cheese!

Like this?

Pic of nikongod in his underwear edited out by Wmcmanus... because I think we've all seen enough of this pic in other threads. Egads!
[/QUOTE]

Jan 1, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #63 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if he takes me up on the idea, make a note not to buy used headphones from Patrick82.
blink.gif

Oh...bad thought...let there never be Patrick82 + Nikongod
eek.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #65 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I'm flattered to even be considered for such a thing, I'm not really comfortable being involved. I would therefore like to withdraw my nomination to make room for those more deserving.

Mike, knowing you, I'm not surprised that you took this position. Rest assured, however, that you truly are deserving of the recognition.

In this regard, I've just spoken to Jude about some other matters, and in our conversation he asked me to also kindly convey his "regrets" as well (i.e., to please kindly withdraw his name from consideration for the honor).

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #66 of 89
Will do Wayne, I figured that would be the case with Mbriant backing out, but as I said before, might as well include all nominations to keep it fair. I'm just bored today and this is something to keep me occupied
smily_headphones1.gif
. I can't listen to music because my head's all clogged up.

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #67 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like this?

Pic of nikongod in his underwear edited out by Wmcmanus... because I think we've all seen enough of this pic in other threads. Egads!

Oh jeez... THANK YOU WAYNE. I'm glad I didn't have to witness that once again.

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #68 of 89
Last year the award went to John Grado and Todd the Vinyl Junkie for giving us the HF-1, if I recall correctly. And that was a deserved recognition, in my opinon.

Nevertheless, the forum itself and some "goods" that are parallel to the forum, are different things. Especially if we are electing the forumite of the year.

I think we should focus on people whose main contributions can be read on these pages.

This said, I think what Immtbiker did was really remarkable, and worthy of a special distinction. But still, this is a world wide community, and the (Inter)National Meet had those brackets for a reason.

These things said, there is another member who really elevates the quality of every discussion he participates in, that I'd like to mention: Scrypt.
Of course, Scrypt has been around for years, and maybe this wasn't even his most remarkable year, who knows, but he is a true asset for this community. We are truly lucky to have him around, in my honest opinion.

[size=xx-small](I've had a few glasses of sparkling white wine for New Year's... Sorry...)[/size]

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #70 of 89
Thanks for the kind words guys, but I should mention that I do get paid while I'm volunteering at Head-Fi, so I don't think I correctly qualify for kudos. Aaron certainly deserves great credit for his enthusiastic participation, as does Tyrion, but I can tell you that their enthusiasm and dedication are mirrored all over the country by folks setting up meets and being central players keeping the activity lively in their area. Philodox in Toronto, 909 in LA, Voltron and Clarke68 in San Francisco, Old Pa in Minneapolis, Hirsch in DC, Mr. Don in PA, nsjong in Vancouver, and the list goes on and on. I think what I'm getting at here is that to pick a single Head-Fier as our hero of the year my somewhat blind us to the fact that dozens of guys put out tremendous effort on an ongoing basis to keep their areas vital and interesting. So I would like to seriously congratulate every Head-Fier that has hosted a meet this last year, and would like to encourage those who haven't to join the ranks of our community leaders who simply work to get folks together to have fun. It's easy!

That said, Aaron probably suffered the most. Pulling off a National Meet is a Herculean effort. I probably worked as hard, but, as I say, it was my job and I got paid by HeadRoom while doing it. Aaron worked for free and held down his normal job! We learned (and passed on to next years organisers) that responsibilities for the meet MUST be spread out or the pile up just before the meet and bury one person. Guess who got to learn that lesson first hand for all of us? Anyway, if there has to be one person, it seems to me that it would have to be Aaron.

Thanks, pal.

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #71 of 89
Tyll, wonderful words my man. A few other people in this thread withdrew their names, and I supposed that given the chance you would also. The poll is going strong with you included, but in the case that you win you would certainly be allowed to pass the recognition on to Aaron or whomever you wish. Earlier in the thread people had talked of excluding mods, admins, and MoT's but the contribution by you and Aaron each deserved recognition in this process. I left it as an open nomination, to be decided in the end by the masses.

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #72 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody nominated Duggeh yet? For his homemade earspeakers.

Edit: How about a skeptic of the year award? I nominate bigshot for that.

Praise from Ceaser.

Jan 2, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #73 of 89
I agree with those suggesting immtbiker for the award. Since this is a good a thread as any, I'll throw out some recognition to some other people I think deserve some. First to drp and Salt Peanuts for organizing the last several Boston area meets. Next to tangent, amb, morsel, ppl, Kevin Gilmore, Pete Millett, and others who have shared headphone amp designs with the community. Especially to tangent and amb for dealing with the headaches of stocking parts for us. Also thanks to n_maher for everything he does for DIY community. He's usually one of the first to jump in to help someone troubleshoot something on the DIY forum, usually because he's made the same mistake on one of his builds
tongue.gif
One time I mislaid a few small capacitors and they were keeping me from completing an amp build. Nate dropped a few in the mail the same day. Also nate did a ton of work in organizing all the millett related group buys. I nominate him for DIYer of the year. The beauty of this award is that we can make him build one for himself.

Jan 2, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #74 of 89
In my world, Afrikane easily is Head-fier of the year. I mean, cmon!! I still grin like an idiot when I listen to music because of his generosity.

In Head-fi world, I guess I would nominate Jude. I really am not up on the inner workings of this place, but if it weren't for him, I guess I would not be posting here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back