Head-Fier of the year?
Jan 2, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #76 of 89
I didn't even go to the national meet, but I have heard so much about Aaron's efforts that my vote goes to him. That meet seems to have had a signifcant positive impact on the headphone community, affecting manufacturers, retailers and users. Would there even be plans for an even larger meet this year if that meet had not raised awareness in the way that it did?

As for those seeking to make Patrick head-fier of the year...this isn't a vote for Head-fi's mascot of the year.

Jan 2, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #77 of 89
Vote in the official thread! Unless you want to honor someone not included in the poll please take your opinion over there and make it count. Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216690

We're trying to decide a cutoff date for the poll. I've suggested somewhere around Primetime on Wednesday. This being the internet and all I don't think we really need a full week but I'll take any input on that.

Jan 2, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #78 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're trying to decide a cutoff date for the poll. I've suggested somewhere around Primetime on Wednesday. This being the internet and all I don't think we really need a full week but I'll take any input on that.

What about all the ones who are busy tweaking and not reading this forum? I'm surprised I have already got a few votes.

95% of my posts are in Cables and tweaks forum (that forum might have other words in it, but I only notice those two words). I don't read the other forums, usually I just search for K1000 and start raving in threads, then I'm subscribed and receive e-mail of new posts, I don't actually enter the forums.
I don't need to search for Valhalla since I already read all posts at Cables forum, I don't miss anything. Cables and tweaks forum feels like my home, it is that comfortable. When I enter other forums I don't feel like I'm home, I feel like a naked visitor because there are unknown people everywhere. In Cables forum Valhalla are my clothes, it feels cold and edgy without Valhalla.

Jan 2, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #79 of 89
I'd like to recognize two HeadFi-ers that would qualify for me:
1. afrikane - his generosity is unbelieveable and has started a wonderful trend.

2. sacd lover - Earl has helped me get the most out of my PPX3 Slam and has done it just because he's interested in SP and really likes to help people. Also he sold me one of his E5s at a very reasonable price!
wink.gif
I'm sure that the other folks who have been nominate are very deserving too.

Jan 2, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #80 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2. sacd lover - Earl has helped me get the most out of my PPX3 Slam and has done it just because he's interested in SP and really likes to help people. Also he sold me one of his E5s at a very reasonable price!
wink.gif

Very good nomination. Even though I have given up tubes, he always seems to be a knowledgeable resource for tube lovers and makes the time to give detailed and thoughtful information.

Jan 2, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #81 of 89
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about all the ones who are busy tweaking and not reading this forum? I'm surprised I have already got a few votes.

Umm, let me rephrase that. I'll take any input on that, except from the people up for the award!

Jan 2, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #82 of 89
Quote:

Umm, let me rephrase that. I'll take any input on that, except from the people up for the award!

Uh, it seems like I'm losing. I need to build the sauna for K1000 myself then. I'm too poor to buy wood from store, but I live next to a forest, maybe nobody will notice if a few trees are missing.

Commando.tree.carrying.JPG

I have seen it from Commando movie so I know it is possible. I had planned to carry a couple trees on both shoulders, that way I could build the sauna for my headphones sooner.

Edit: It won't work, I don't own a saw machine. My bones would break when carrying the trees anyway.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #83 of 89
Hmmm, how about Wodgy for good answers in general and especially his heads-up on a nice loudspeaker deal quite a few users have profited from?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #84 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, not sure how to take that. On one hand it's flattering, on the other hand I sound ancient.

Not to mention the fact that I am sort of implying that you and Renato are male life partners.
evil_smiley.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However I guess I need to face the fact that I am old enough to have a son your age. Does this mean I can count on your financial support in my old age?

Sure, I could give you some financial support... if you don't mind being paid in cats. I have a few that are sort of driving me crazy right now.
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the kind words guys, but I should mention that I do get paid while I'm volunteering at Head-Fi, so I don't think I correctly qualify for kudos. Aaron certainly deserves great credit for his enthusiastic participation, as does Tyrion, but I can tell you that their enthusiasm and dedication are mirrored all over the country by folks setting up meets and being central players keeping the activity lively in their area. Philodox in Toronto, 909 in LA, Voltron and Clarke68 in San Francisco, Old Pa in Minneapolis, Hirsch in DC, Mr. Don in PA, nsjong in Vancouver, and the list goes on and on. I think what I'm getting at here is that to pick a single Head-Fier as our hero of the year my somewhat blind us to the fact that dozens of guys put out tremendous effort on an ongoing basis to keep their areas vital and interesting. So I would like to seriously congratulate every Head-Fier that has hosted a meet this last year, and would like to encourage those who haven't to join the ranks of our community leaders who simply work to get folks together to have fun. It's easy!

YEAH! Go us! We rock! wooooohoooooo!
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #85 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to mention the fact that I am sort of implying that you and Renato are male life partners.
evil_smiley.gif

ROFLMAO! I hadn't even caught that innuendo. Jeez I hope Renato can keep me in the lifestyle I've become accustomed to.
blink.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #86 of 89
I vote for Superman's Ears

I traded some equipment with him. He must have thought I gave him a sweet deal as he send me later, unexpectedly, a package with a headphone and amp.
What a great gesture ! This is what Head-Fi should be all about !

Jan 4, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #88 of 89
The two most generous members took 1st and 2nd place. In year 2007 I can see loads of generous people who give stuff away. But if I had won then all I can see is dead people.

To have a better chance to win next year it seems like I need to pull something out of my bag and tweak even more extreme!

Jan 4, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #89 of 89
I'd like to thank my director, my producer....

But seriously, I could have never pulled off the National Meet without the help of the advisory committee which included (in alphabetical order) Bozebuttons, Erikzen, Jahn, and Jpelg...and the huge amount of never ending efforts of Tyll, who knows how important it is for the headphone community to grow in order to keep the manufacturers in the industry alive and healthy. Without his business connections, sponsoring would have been a hard sell.

Now, after seeing the success that the sponsors had in 2006, the Stargate portal has opened for all who want to travel through to a group of 47,000 members who buy their products.

The 2007 meet (Voltron, Clarke68 and Sleeslack, and countless others) will be even better and make 2006's meet pale in comparison, and like the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade each year, the planning for the next year's meet will probably start as soon as the current year's meet is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back