Head-Fier of the year?
Dec 29, 2006 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

swt61

Dr. Wood
Seeing as how the year is almost over I was wondering if we've ever had a Head-Fier of the year award.

If so great, if not let's start.

I'll nominate Afrikane

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 89
[size=xx-small]Immtbiker[/size]

Most people have no idea what Aaron sacrificed to make the first (Inter)National Head-Fi meet happen, not to mention the other local/regional meets he organizes. Biggest membership contribution to the site, imo.

Very close runner-up and honorable mention to Bozebuttons for his selfless contributions to our meets.

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most people have no idea what Aaron sacrificed to make the first (Inter)National Head-Fi meet happen, not to mention the other local/regional meets he organizes. Biggest membership contribution to the site, imo.

Very close runner-up and honorable mention to Bozebuttons for his selfless contributions to our meets.

That's the spirit! Being a relative newcomer, I'd like to hear more of the history of Head-Fi and the contributions people have made. I firmly believe we should honor those that have advanced this forum in whatever way.

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QFT!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 89
nice thread and congrats to all that are recognized and those that arent..

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 89
If we're talking generosity with gear, definitely Afrikane tops the list. His gifts to members were unprecedented as far I know. I believe there are others, Asr for one, who gave away gear.

Of course, there were many Head-Fi'ers who generously shared their knowledge and experiences. I nominate markl for writing three (afaik) highly informative and entertaining reviews in 2006 -- K701, K81DJ, Rudistor amp.

But I agree with jpelg on the choice of immtbiker for leading the effort to realize the first International Head-Fi Meet. The effort elevated Head-Fi and headphone-dom to another level. Aaron, if you win, don't forget the little people who helped out in your speech.
biggrin.gif

In the same vein, I nominate Tyll for the Head-Fi MOT of the Year for his role in bringing about The Meet.

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 89
i can't find the thread. . .

. . .but there was someone who bought and shipped a pair of K81djs to a serviceman in iraq who has having trouble finding a seller who would ship to his PO box.

he also did it out of his pocket, that gave me one of the internet warm fuzzy moments, very cool!

-mattk

Dec 29, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #11 of 89
One of these:
* Jude -> For making Head-Fi possible, and all the time/money he put into this.
* Afrikane -> For all the gear he generously gave away (as in free) to other Head-Fi members.
* immtbiker -> For leading the effort to realize the first International Head-Fi Meet.

Dec 30, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #15 of 89
Patrick82; the most extremely serious funny guy I know here
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back