Head-Fier of the year?
Dec 31, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #46 of 89
Another vote for Afrikane here. His generosity is but one of his many admirable traits. I have spoken to him personally on many occassion and his knowledge and advice has been invaluable!

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #47 of 89
While I'm flattered to even be considered for such a thing, I'm not really comfortable being involved. I would therefore like to withdraw my nomination to make room for those more deserving.

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #48 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think we have multiple categories? I would generally agree with no MoT's, and certainly not a "best MoT" category. Tyll went above and beyond his normal MoT status though in contributing hugely to the logistics of the national meet. The admin/mod question is also tough. Immtbiker is a strong frontrunner, and is a moderator. Same as Tyll, his contribution in the past year went well past his moderating duties, and thus he should be counted as a regular joe for the national meet planning. I don't see any reason not to include Jude, Mbriant, or any other outstanding contributor to this site in the running. Basically I guess, let's include any nomination and let the people decide. Perhaps we should at least throw in the requirement of a "second" to the nomination so as to cut down on the clutter.

So far our outstanding nominations are:
Afrikane
Patrick82
Immtbiker
Tyll
Jude
Mbriant

With one mention each, as I suggested let's require a second to be included in the voting. I included multiples who were named by the same person but let's cut down on that for the rest of the nomination process. Pick one from here out.

MarkL
imho
Jahn
Edwood
Tyrion
Toonie
sacdlover
mikhail
looser101
John Grado
BHD812

I guess I just became the secretary, oops.

Oops didn't mean to step on your toes Mr Baseball. I responded to you and forgot you were volunteering for the duties.

No problem, looks like you did a great job on the research and I agree people should be seconded before they get into the final vote. How much longer until the final vote do you guys think? Also, as others have said, this thread can be for discussion only and the voting thread strictly for voting only.

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #50 of 89
I don't see how it's not immtbiker...that national meet was an enourmous thing to pull off.

Jude deserves one of those lifetime achievement awards. If not for him, we probably don't have a national meet.

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #51 of 89
So for right now the list is:

MarkL, for his extensive and informative reviews.
Afrikane, for his amazing generosity throughout the year.
Patrick82, for being extreme.
Immtbiker, for organizing the national meet.
Tyll, another huge force in the national meet.
Jude, for giving us Head-fi in the first place.

Howabout the poll goes up for the new year? I'll be home I think
frown.gif
, I've got the flu and unless it miraculously clears up I won't go spreading it to a crowd.

Dec 31, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #52 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can handle the thread.. But how are you going to vote certain people for certain categories?? Multiple threads?

I would like to keep it to one winner. I can't really spare the time or materials for multiple stands right now.

Quote:

frown.gif
, I've got the flu and unless it miraculously clears up I won't go spreading it to a crowd.

That sounds good to me. Thanks for jumping on the band wagon guys, this was probably overdue.

I can check online for a nameplate, anyone have any ideas as to the wording?

Dec 31, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #53 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see how it's not immtbiker...that national meet was an enourmous thing to pull off.

Jude deserves one of those lifetime achievement awards. If not for him, we probably don't have a national meet.

IMHO nominations are a way to acknowledge others that may not necessarily get the most recognition or win the award, but deserve a little something anyway.

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #54 of 89
Quote:

So for right now the list is:

frown.gif

Sounds good to me.. We'll take nominations until the ball drops tonight at midnight and the poll will be posted sometime shortly thereafter with anyone who got 2 or more nominations. I think a week should give everyone enough time to make resolutions and get their vote in. Possibly could announce the winner Sunday evening (01/07/07).

Dec 31, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #55 of 89
Quote:

What do you guys think about posting this sort of list on the Head-Fi homepage? "A special Head-Fi thanks goes out to the following members for their contributions during 2006" or something like that. Maybe I'm getting too ahead of myself.

Jan 1, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #56 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will pledge to make the winner a custom headphone stand with his or her input.

Does the headphone stand have heating on it? I need to keep the drivers warmed up, otherwise it sounds edgy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It also could be because of a different ambient temperature. After I pressed pause the temperature dropped pretty fast... It hasn't been this cold for months. It's 24.5C inside and 11.5C outside. A couple days ago it was 29C inside, yesterday it was sweaty too. If this is the reason I will build a sauna for K1000 to keep it warm.

6 and half hours warm-up now and it sounds little warmer but still bright. It's weird that earlier today I complained of the warm sound and wanted to upgrade to a colder source.

Jan 1, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #57 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think about posting this sort of list on the Head-Fi homepage? "A special Head-Fi thanks goes out to the following members for their contributions during 2006" or something like that. Maybe I'm getting too ahead of myself.

I never look at the homepage, only the cables and tweaks forum.

Jan 1, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #58 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the headphone stand have heating on it? I need to keep the drivers warmed up, otherwise it sounds edgy.

That's why God made testicles, to warm things up. Just place the headphone cups on the outer edges of the scrotum... Oh never mind, you don't need an instruction manual.
wink.gif

Hey it's not as gross as Samgotit's thigh cheese!

Jan 1, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #59 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why God made testicles, to warm things up. Just place the headphone cups on the outer edges of the scrotum... Oh never mind, you don't need an instruction manual.
wink.gif

Hey it's not as gross as Samgotit's thigh cheese!

blink.gif
Now that is too extreme tweaking.

Jan 1, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #60 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif
Now that is too extreme tweaking.

And if he takes me up on the idea, make a note not to buy used headphones from Patrick82.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back