Head-Fi should have spell check
Jan 31, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Firefox has a spellcheck function. Works just like Microsoft Word: it underlines wrong words with red and with a right-click you can select similar right words.

Has saved me many times! Oddly spellcheck in the quote came up underlined red... I right clicked and it offered spell check
icon10.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #17 of 43
Google Chrome has a good spell checker which I'm using right now, yeah. Spelling requires thinking and knowledge and well, even I find it sometimes difficult.

It would be a nice feature...

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 with the add ons in Firefox. That's how I get Australian spelling - you know we English people like to speak proper English
tongue.gif
[Stabbie stabbie, dig dig]

Rather than them slack-jawed yokels with their 'moms' and their 'colors'.
beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has saved me many times! Oddly spellcheck in the quote came up underlined red... I right clicked and it offered spell check
icon10.gif

I noticed but didn't care
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #20 of 43
Another simple option is to just open up a Word Processor window, type what you want to say, spell check it in there, and copy-paste into the forum. I know a lot of professors on my campus do this because the Campus discussion board does not have a spell checker and a lot of them admit to being poor spellers, so they write in Word and then after what they have is spell-checked, copy it into the thread, reply or e-mail and send.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #24 of 43
I don't think vBulletin has a spell check feature.

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 with the add ons in Firefox. That's how I get Australian spelling - you know we English people like to speak proper English
tongue.gif
[Stabbie stabbie, dig dig]

Shouldn't that be "proupere", or some souch nounsense?
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #27 of 43
How about just using a web browser with built in spell check?
wink.gif

Plenty of them out there...

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #28 of 43
I always liked going to a dictionary and finding the word in question. Chef and chief are both correct spelling but are entirely different. There's the bonus of looking at surrounding entries and getting the spelling/definitions down sooner too.

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add iSell, it's a free download that's just an addon that shows in the tools button in explorer.

Could you give me the website? I goggled, no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back