Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Apr 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #346 of 470
it would appear that the cable is the problem on my re-0.  could you please post detailed instructions about how to re-cable it?  ive never done anything like this before.  please assume i have NONE of the tools or fore-knowledge to re-cable it.  i just cant imagine that buying a new pair would be cheaper than re-cabling it.  also, those look really slick XD

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #347 of 470
Guys just use a plier to twist it open. You will lose some paint, but I think it's not that big of a deal.

As for the strain relief, you will have to twist them apart. It's very difficult to get the cables through them. SO twist the strain reliefs apart,.. re attached the cable by soldering.

But before you do solder, remember to tie a knot inside the house, and maybe glue it, or melt some plastic so you have your own strain relief.

That is the only complicated part. All the others just require good soldering skill and hopefully good solder.

Apr 3, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #348 of 470

Quote:
Guys just use a plier to twist it open. You will lose some paint, but I think it's not that big of a deal.

As for the strain relief, you will have to twist them apart. It's very difficult to get the cables through them. SO twist the strain reliefs apart,.. re attached the cable by soldering.

But before you do solder, remember to tie a knot inside the house, and maybe glue it, or melt some plastic so you have your own strain relief.

That is the only complicated part. All the others just require good soldering skill and hopefully good solder.

Noted.

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #350 of 470

Quote:
i dont know how to solder soooo i guess im just buying new headphones.  rats =[

If its any consolation, I'm in the same boat with you. . .so I'd be doing the same thing (buying new ones), if mine ever broke, that is.

BTW - - - Are your RE0's still under warranty, by any chance? Sorry if you already answered this in an earlier post. But if so, you might try seeing if the company would send you a new pair.

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #351 of 470
Just look up an electronics repair shop in your area. Simply bring everything in to them and get a quote, or call them.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #352 of 470
bought them from amazon and ive heard they wont cover it and headfi says amazon isnt a liscensed dealer or something so they wont cover it either.  ive seen it several times in comments on a few different sites, including amazon itself.

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #353 of 470

Quote:
bought them from amazon and ive heard they wont cover it and headfi says amazon isnt a liscensed dealer or something so they wont cover it either.  ive seen it several times in comments on a few different sites, including amazon itself.

Head-Direct sells on Amazon.  Who was the seller you bought it from?

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #354 of 470
Amazon is an authorized dealer for HD:

http://www.amazon.com/HeadDirect-RE0-HEAD-DIRECT-In-ear-Headphones/dp/B001MQ8BL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301892760&sr=8-1

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #355 of 470
interesting.  investigating now.

edit: they broke about 2 weeks after amazon covered it.  as far as i can tell, the shipper only covers things for 7 days after delivery. the seller was DBROTH.  are they an authorized dealer?

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #356 of 470
interesting.  investigating now.

edit: they broke about 2 weeks after amazon covered it.  as far as i can tell, the shipper only covers things for 7 days after delivery. the seller was DBROTH.  are they an authorized dealer?

If you read the most helpful comment on Amazon that user tried to go through the warranty process and DBROTH isn't an authorized dealer. I just placed an order with head-direct today. Curious when I'll get mine :)

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #357 of 470
Would recabling extend the life of the Re0s? I just had my second pair die out on me in a year. I am considering upgrading to the re ZEROS but am afraid the build quality might be the same. By the way how do you all store/clean your re0s? I am beginning to think storing it in the stock case is a bad idea.

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #358 of 470
You can wait for new Sunrise Xcape v3. Lot of people said that v1 are 1=1 with Re0, v2 some similar but another, so Sunrise said that v3 coming soon.
Interesting...
(info - official site:))

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #359 of 470
ive got 2 people messaging me who want to buy the headphones and i ordered some hippo VBs.  if they have the tools to fix it for cheap, ill sell it to them for a good price (for both of us).

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #360 of 470
Question, is the Hifiman direct-0 same thing as Head-direct? I found them sounds terrible right after open box, i didn't even bother to burn them in. It seems like it got no lows at all, the mids sound very thin and lacking control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back