Head-Direct RE-02 Review
Dec 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so many people on here working for head direct

What?.......

No, it's not because Fang and the crew sells fantastically priced products and has great customer service compared to other Chinese vendors but he's a rich guy and pays everyone off....

righto.

You do know that Chinese-made amps have been some of the world's best for a long time now.....

Yay for idiotic statements really.

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay for idiotic statements really.

Indeed.

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #19 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so many people on here working for head direct

U won't win many friends on Head-Fi with posts like that. Assume you were joking.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #21 of 54
There should be some sort of database that would allow you to enter the name of an IEM, and there would be links to every post comparing that IEM to any other IEM. For example, you select super.fi 5 Pro, and there's a list, e.g.

Atrio M5
Head-Direct RE2
Sleek SA6

and every one of those is a link to all posts comparing the SF5 Pro to those.

Of course, that would take a lot of work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #23 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There should be some sort of database that would allow you to enter the name of an IEM, and there would be links to every post comparing that IEM to any other IEM. For example, you select super.fi 5 Pro, and there's a list, e.g.

Atrio M5
Head-Direct RE2
Sleek SA6

and every one of those is a link to all posts comparing the SF5 Pro to those.

Of course, that would take a lot of work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Search gets the same thing done with slightly more work.

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #24 of 54
How long exactly is the cable and the extention? I didn't find this info anywhere..

Jan 22, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The easiest way to describe the sound is grado-ish. The highs sparkle but are not harsh and the bass is tight and doesn’t go into the other parts of the music. I would characterize this sound as “fun” etys.

So, does this mean it has more bass than ER-4P and how do they scale with rock stuff?

Jan 23, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, does this mean it has more bass than ER-4P and how do they scale with rock stuff?

I havent compared the two in a while but they have similar bass. The er4p/s bass is better controlled but its definitely not as fun as the re-02s. The re-02s work great with rock music.

I'm getting another pair due to the CNY sale that head-direct is having. Its a no brainer for $50!

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #28 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting another pair due to the CNY sale that head-direct is having. Its a no brainer for $50!

I ordered a pair as well. I figured at this price, it would be a steal considering how everybody say it's great.

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #29 of 54
I just got the RE-02s and I'm really impressed. It puts all my sub-$100 ear buds and IEMs to shame. To nit pick, it could use a little more clarity, but, other than that, the bass sound just right for all kinds of music and harshness is nowhere to be found. Very pleasant to ears. I now understand what you meant by "fun" sounding.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #30 of 54
I got mine 3 days ago, tried them right out of the box just to see how much difference the burn in would make... They sounded awful! Really harsh and no bass at all. After 10 hours of burn in the high end sounded much better, still no bass. After 20 hours of burn in the bass suddenly appeared! Now they sound very very good, I can only imagine how they'll sound after 50 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back