Head-Direct RE-02 Review
Jan 27, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by alraike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came to realize the bass was a bit lacking as well, but burn-in and comply tips improved it enough for me. The only thing I don't like is the lack of isolation on airplanes because of the semi-open design. It's making me consider the RE0, since I do really like the sound sig of the RE2.

Buy them before it's too late. The RE0 is a much better IEM.

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomsdubs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine yesterday, had about 6 hours burn in and sound ok. The bass is really lacking at the moment but the sound is improving with usage. Have to say they sound amazing with classical and jazz; also vocals sound so clear.
I'll keep burning them in hoping the bass with improve and the slight tinniness will fade away. Still preferring my marshmallows so far but i have some meelectronic m9 on the way which i think will rule the roost.

Yeah, I was listening to a Bach piece sang by a boys choir and I was pretty startled because I thought that there was someone that started to sing behind me. XD
o2smile.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #50 of 54
Can somebody help me? Which are better - RE2, or Brainwavez M1 ?
I'm looking for good IEM's for ~30-40$ (with shipping cost included - I live in Poland).
Brainwavez are for 39,50$ with shipping cost included - here is link to them: http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_51&products_id=399
And RE2 are for 29$, but plus 10$ shipping cost, so they are for 39$.
Brainwavez M1 look like they are more durable, than RE2, and i heard a lot of good opinions and reviews about them - also on Head-Fi forum.

Could you help me choose?
Or maybe other IEM's?

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #51 of 54
I have not heard the RE2's but the M1's have a lot of headroom for EQ to get the sound you want.  They sound damn good regardless for the price.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #52 of 54

Quote:
I'm looking for good IEM's for ~30-40$ (with shipping cost included - I live in Poland).
Brainwavez are for 39,50$ with shipping cost included - here is link to them: http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_51&products_id=399
And RE2 are for 29$, but plus 10$ shipping cost, so they are for 39$.
Brainwavez M1 look like they are more durable, than RE2, and i heard a lot of good opinions and reviews about them - also on Head-Fi forum.

Could you help me choose?
Or maybe other IEM's?

It may be worth noting that you can get the RE2 and FiiO E5 amplifier bundled together for $39+shipping. That's what made me decide upon the RE2. They actually just arrived today, I'm listening to them right now. I'll try to post my impressions here once they've had a little more burn in. I will say that out of the box, they sound pretty good for the price but definitely can use the bass boost from the E5. And I'm no where near being a bass head. That may change with some time. They also seem to have changed some things with the dramatic price drop. I think they originally cost ~$100 before going on sale. The cord is longer and there is no longer an extension cable, and the nickel plated Y-slider mentioned in some of the original reviews is now plastic. They also come in a hard plastic rather than leather case. I couldn't tell you whether or not there are any internal or sonic differences, but I'd be inclined to believe that's still the same.

I haven't personally heard the Brainwavez M1.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

The M1 by a stretch in my opinion. It's one of the best <$50 earphones out there while the RE2 is just... peculiar. Without a warm amp or source they can sound pretty shrill and low-end extension is quite poor in comparison to the M1. If you're just after midrange and treble clarity/detail. the RE2 might be competitive. As an all-rounder, the M1 wins no contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back