Head-Direct RE-02 Review
Apr 2, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #32 of 54
So i ordered these last night. I wanted a pair of IEMs and the sound signature of the Soundmagic-PL30s I got just didn't do it for me. I'm thinking for $44 shipped it is a pretty good deal since these were considered a steal when it was $80 group buy and worth $100 retail...
I love my pk3 and sr80i's sound signature and read that these little gems sounds "grado-ish". Can't wait to get them! (probably tomorrow too since it shipped out of Flushing, NY and I live in Rochester, NY
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #34 of 54
Got my RE2's yesterday and am already liking them a lot. Midrange is extraordinary already, bass coming along as they burn in. Using them with my Cowon D2 (with D2+firmware and BBE+ set at 1, everything else flat) and E5 (also flat, the bass boost sounds muddy) Clarity and detail are good, soundstage very good for an IEM.
o2smile.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a big fan of bass boost with these. Try it out, the ipod eq at least isint too bad

really? i don't use the eq on my ipod touch...will i have to use the bass boost to make them sound like pk3s w/o EQIng?

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #39 of 54
So I got them yesterday.
Right out of the box, the phones had the standard single flange tip installed. I gave them a try and was not impressed with the sound...it was very metallic and had next to no bass. I must have not getting the right amount of seal, so I went straight for the large bi-flange tips.

Woah. There it is. The sound i was looking for. And man was it good. My last IEM was a pair of Sharp HP-MD33s and these are just on a higher level. Music separation is amazing, and i didn't feel the bass was lacking. All this was prior to any burn-in.

After a 12 hour over night burn-in, the sound is def coming together. Bass got a better and more present, but doesn't overcloud the spectrum, mids are smooth and the clarity! mmmmm
smily_headphones1.gif
. These large bi-flange tips are awesome, and provides great seal. I am genuinely satisfied.

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #40 of 54
Ok after a week of continuous usage I can safely say that the sound as improved a whole lot compared to when I first got them. The bass is just the right amount. it is NOT weak. The bi-flange tips offer great isolation too. Anyone looking for a great pair of IEMs at a great price, these are definitely it.

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #43 of 54
Got mine yesterday, had about 6 hours burn in and sound ok. The bass is really lacking at the moment but the sound is improving with usage. Have to say they sound amazing with classical and jazz; also vocals sound so clear.
I'll keep burning them in hoping the bass with improve and the slight tinniness will fade away. Still preferring my marshmallows so far but i have some meelectronic m9 on the way which i think will rule the roost.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #44 of 54
I came to realize the bass was a bit lacking as well, but burn-in and comply tips improved it enough for me. The only thing I don't like is the lack of isolation on airplanes because of the semi-open design. It's making me consider the RE0, since I do really like the sound sig of the RE2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back