Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Apr 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #481 of 856
Quote:
Hi, sorry for the confusion. 

Firstly, headphones purchased from Dec, 2012 have three years warranty.

Secondly, the warranty on the replacement unit depends on the warranty period of the original headphone. 

No no no, my question was aimed toward replacement of out-of-warranty units (that occur after the owner pays a fee, e.g. ~$80 to replace an out-of-warranty HE400); do those replacement units carry any warranty at all?

Apr 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #482 of 856
Hi Eric! 

I have an early HE-6, purchased within the first few months of the release. The headband is starting to fall apart, and glue is coming off. Is this covered under warranty? Is there an easy way to replace the headband? 

thanks

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #483 of 856
Quote:
No no no, my question was aimed toward replacement of out-of-warranty units (that occur after the owner pays a fee, e.g. ~$80 to replace an out-of-warranty HE400); do those replacement units carry any warranty at all?

It depends on the situation, such as the using period and the exact problem of the unit. 
Please rest assured that we will not put much emphasis on money. Providing better headphones and better service is our focus. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #486 of 856
Hello Eric,

Some owners of the HE-400 have reported that the HiFiMAN logo paint on the headphones fade off very easily. Others have reported that the cable connector to the headphones come loose on their own and get disconnected. Has HiFiMAN addressed these issues?

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #487 of 856
Quote:
Hello Eric,

Some owners of the HE-400 have reported that the HiFiMAN logo paint on the headphones fade off very easily. Others have reported that the cable connector to the headphones come loose on their own and get disconnected. Has HiFiMAN addressed these issues?

I dunno about others but I know early HE400s had very poor decals for the logos so it rubbed off easily, but later HE400s had more permanent decal paints used. And cable connectors do not get loose if you "pre-twist" the cable so that it doesn't have counterclockwise rotational elasticity after you screw on.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #488 of 856
Quote:
I dunno about others but I know early HE400s had very poor decals for the logos so it rubbed off easily, but later HE400s had more permanent decal paints used. And cable connectors do not get loose if you "pre-twist" the cable so that it doesn't have counterclockwise rotational elasticity after you screw on.

mine pretty much came off in the first week of use :frowning2:

May 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #491 of 856
I also had that exact problem with my HE-500s -- one of the earpieces came off the headband; I got the screws back in (had to cut the fabric), but it did it again.  I sent it back to the retailer from whom I bought it (should I name names?) and they glued it together (??), and sent it back to me.  Of course, it happened again; this time said retailer agreed to send me another pair -- not a new pair, to my dismay, but another returned pair.  I had no choice but to accept this offer.  So far, the earpieces are staying on.  But really, this is a design issue: it makes no sense to attach the earpieces with screws going into plastic; this is a place that will always get some stress, just from taking the headphones off.

May 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #492 of 856
Quote:
I also had that exact problem with my HE-500s -- one of the earpieces came off the headband; I got the screws back in (had to cut the fabric), but it did it again.  I sent it back to the retailer from whom I bought it (should I name names?) and they glued it together (??), and sent it back to me.  Of course, it happened again; this time said retailer agreed to send me another pair -- not a new pair, to my dismay, but another returned pair.  I had no choice but to accept this offer.  So far, the earpieces are staying on.  But really, this is a design issue: it makes no sense to attach the earpieces with screws going into plastic; this is a place that will always get some stress, just from taking the headphones off.

Yeah I concur, the extender/logo parts of Hifiman headphones is pretty much THE weakpoint of the current design. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be an all-metal assembly there. Honestly I'm tempted to just duct-tape the hell out of those joints so they never fall apart from the headband with the measly screws-in-plastic.

And Eric, if you guys ever do revamp the design with regards to that, please allow us owners of the older versions to send our units in for replacement, or for you guys to update the units to the new designs. We are the ones giving you the constructive feedback, so I think we earned it.

May 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #493 of 856
Hi guys,
I am an owner of the HE-6 currently.
It's a second pair [the driver died in the first unit but the replacement process was flawless so no complains + kudos to you guys 
beerchug.gif
]

The headphone is awesome, I will merely post suggestions to what could possibly be improved with the new HP [might have been posted before]

Headband - could use a bit more padding [extending the HP a bit reduces the pressure in my case],the leather feels really nice though.
Supporting yokes - no complaints, only the yokes/headband could be a bit more symmetrical [not because of the looks, but it slightly impacts comfort]

it is not that bad, but it can't be completely remedied

Plastic [L,R, logo] adjusters - no problems here but according to others is the breaking point/structural weakness, so should be metallic perhaps

this point, I guess

Cups - no complaints, could be probably metallic, really like the matte finish
Pads - love the deep grayish velours [I believe they are discontinued now, but please offer a deeper variant than the current one ], leather could use improvement according to others

thicker x thinner velour pads

Connectors - XLR is the way to go probably, those SMA connectors are not ideal, generally speaking [troublesome installation, weak stress relief,...]

XLRs here?

Cable - fine with me, OCC [or OFC] is nice,  some issues with [OCC] cable oxidation according to some users though. The HE-5 [silver] cable was probably even better back then [it is the one I am currently using and love it], best would be probably silver coated copper if it wasn't too expensive but I don't really care about cable as long as it is relatively flexible and well made/sleeved.

Package - Nice in my opinion, could use a plastic box I guess :D

Those are just minor nitpicks, the SQ is awesome [almost flawless, save for a minor 7-8khz occasional emphasis], so only the build quality could use a little overhaul :]
[You could read my favorable review here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/650912/hifiman-he-6-ultimate-review-write-up-3-2-13-updated-comfort-pads-and-sound-lows-mids-vocals-expanded ]

RE-400 is awesome as well. Really love it [only nitpick is the cable, the right driver is starting to drop-out occasionally, so the internal cable wiring I guess, but it happens only rarely ] but I really love it. SQ for an IEM [+ just a 100 bucks] is simply superb.

I really wanted to thank you for offering TOTL products with superb SQ, for a rather reasonable price.

So this is not a complaint, merely suggestions. I am happy as could be right now :]

Here is hoping for even bigger things to come in the future :] Just HiFiMAN from now on for me :]

Cheers to you guys 
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to your next HP [RE-600, rumored Jade II, HE-600/7,...]
popcorn.gif

Kindest regards,
Luke

May 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #494 of 856
Quote:
Hi guys,
I am an owner of the HE-6 currently.
It's a second pair [the driver died in the first unit but the replacement process was flawless so no complains + kudos to you guys 
beerchug.gif
]

The headphone is awesome, I will merely post suggestions to what could possibly be improved with the new HP [might have been posted before]

Thank you for your support and the sincere suggestions. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #495 of 856
I placed an order on Tuesday morning for a pair HE-400s and still don't know when I can expect my order to ship.  What is the typical turnaround for orders?  I don't necessarily expect my stuff right away, but I am disappointed that I still don't have a ship date after nearly four days of waiting.

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back