Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Mar 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #451 of 856
Eric,

here's an idea that may improve HIFIMAN

Graphene.

Its a super thin (able to be manufactured down to a one-atom thick sheet) conductor that would be absolutely perfect for planar-magnetic technology.  It's highly conductive, too.

I imagine many headphone companies will be doing research on this because of its intrinsically superior performance when it comes to planar/electrostatic technology.

ALSO

make more comfortable velour pads! a la beyer-dynamic? those things are like clouds

Best,
Jake

P.S.  I've been waiting on my HE-400 replacements for over a month now, any idea when they will start sending them out?

EDIT: it seems like the last few comments had similar waiting experiences for their replacements, but finally recieved htem.  They too said they would be including velour pads with mine.  I emailed "Mrs T" about a week and a half ago, and she said they would be sent out sometime this week (now it's friday), so I emailed her again and she has not responded. any info helps! thanks

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #452 of 856
Quote:
Eric,

here's an idea that may improve HIFIMAN

Graphene.

Its a super thin (able to be manufactured down to a one-atom thick sheet) conductor that would be absolutely perfect for planar-magnetic technology.  It's highly conductive, too.

I imagine many headphone companies will be doing research on this because of its intrinsically superior performance when it comes to planar/electrostatic technology.

ALSO

make more comfortable velour pads! a la beyer-dynamic? those things are like clouds

Best,
Jake

P.S.  I've been waiting on my HE-400 replacements for over a month now, any idea when they will start sending them out?

EDIT: it seems like the last few comments had similar waiting experiences for their replacements, but finally recieved htem.  They too said they would be including velour pads with mine.  I emailed "Mrs T" about a week and a half ago, and she said they would be sent out sometime this week (now it's friday), so I emailed her again and she has not responded. any info helps! thanks

I would instead recommend just softening the velours by squishing them in warm water.
After dry-up, they became immensely softer and more comfortable! 
Much closer to the two pillows analogy :)

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #455 of 856
I just tried to purchase a pair of HE-400 headphones and velour pads from your website and when I went to checkout I got message saying that you were temporarily not shipping to UK and to use electromod website. When do you expect to ship to UK as at UK retail prices are outside my budget?

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #458 of 856
Quote:
Help! I need a repair to my EF5. I live in Jamaica, N.Y. and understand there is a HIFI Man center in Flushing. Can I drop it off there?

Our address has changed to Delaware. You can email to customerservice@head-direct.com with the payment receipt of your EF-5. Our customer service will tell you the procedure for replacement of your EF-5.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #459 of 856
I ordered a and received a brand new pair of HE-500 from TTVJ about a week ago. A couple of days ago after 5 hours of use and treating them like gold, the right side driver fell off of the headband when I went to put them on. Needless to say I was shocked and dismayed. I tried to get the screw back on but couldn't do it. The threads looked fine and would tighten up through the nut without the washers, but once all the washers and mechanism were in place, no go. It seemed just too short to thread. :frowning2:

TTVJ service was outstanding (BIG THUMBS UP TO TODD AND BRIAN!) and immediately sent me a new pair (to be here on Friday) while sending the defective ones back.

I am now really weary of this connector. I have a pair of HE-400 that have been OK so far. With the combination of the tiny delicate cable connectors and the screw, it seems like a very bad situation exists, with the potential of catastrophic damage to the driver/cable. Would not a re-engineered snap ring clip mechanism allow a more robust design and give us piece of mind that the driver will not separate from the band? Thanks for listening.

The phones are truly outstanding!

The images are stock images from Google images.

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #462 of 856
Hi,

Lurker for quite a while, but I registered to ask you for some assistance. I see that there's some good feedback here.
biggrin.gif

It has been 4 days since I've been waiting for my RE-400's to be shipped. 6 since I placed the order.

There were issues with shipping to my location but the last response I got was that it was going to be shipped from USPS and I would get a tracking number - that was on Apr 11th.
Can you please check how the order is going? I asked yesterday but got no response, I guess it's because of the weekend.

I got the first "Your order has shipped" email on Apr 9th - I ordered on Apr 7th.
I'm seriously looking forward for them as I have read only great things about them... please help me.
wink.gif

Thanks in advance.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #463 of 856
I hope this isn't too far off topic ... just want to say I have the HE-400's and EF2A and am very happy with both products. Both sound great and are fairly priced. I have no affiliation with you or any dealers, I just wanted to offer some kudos for the smiles you've helped bring to my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back