Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Feb 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #421 of 856
Worse comes to worst and if you really can't return it to seller,and the headphone is out of warranty on your end, Hifiman / Head-direct could still replace it for a spankin' new pair for like, $90 or so. Yeah it's crazy but the customer service is awesome like that.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #422 of 856
Turns out its under warranty, so he's gotta find the receipt from Moon Audio. I would think they would be able to check via the numbers on the white piece of paper in the box, which I assume are SN's. But, whatever floats your boat I guess lol

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #423 of 856
 So, HiFiMan, you can't verify when a headphone was made by serial number? I purchased the headphones from a distributor, provided you with the receipt, but since the receipt (electronic) isn't dated, you won't accept it under warranty? How about a UPS tracking number showing when it shipped? Explain this logic to me. How does one obtain a payment receipt date that will satisfy you so that these headphones can be returned under warranty? Do you need it from the distributor? In what format?

I ask these questions because I've never heard of any product that is manufactured in mass without any traceability.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #424 of 856
Quote:
 So, HiFiMan, you can't verify when a headphone was made by serial number? I purchased the headphones from a distributor, provided you with the receipt, but since the receipt (electronic) isn't dated, you won't accept it under warranty? How about a UPS tracking number showing when it shipped? Explain this logic to me. How does one obtain a payment receipt date that will satisfy you so that these headphones can be returned under warranty? Do you need it from the distributor? In what format?

I ask these questions because I've never heard of any product that is manufactured in mass without any traceability.

^ Seconded

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #425 of 856
Quote:

Quote:
^ Seconded

X3 honor your warranty !

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #427 of 856
The warranty doesn't start from when it made otherwise many units will be out of warranty before it sells. The warranty period starts from the time it is sold to the end user. A undated receipt is kinda useless in that regard.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #428 of 856
Coming from the way that automakers use build dates to determine warranty eligibility, that is why I associated build date with warranty. I have requested a more detailed transaction receipt from Moon Audio.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #429 of 856
Quote:
The warranty doesn't start from when it made otherwise many units will be out of warranty before it sells. The warranty period starts from the time it is sold to the end user. A undated receipt is kinda useless in that regard.

Thanks.
Yes, we need the date on payment receipt to verify if it is covered under warranty or not.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back