= HE-560 Enhancement Mod (v1.5) =
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #151 of 342
eek.gif
You r truly professional! Thx for sharing the experience

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #152 of 342
Has anyone played with an alternative to mod #3 besides the tacky stuff? Maybe the use of some rubber padding to make good contact between plastics or maybe even dynamat?

I'm getting mod 1 and 2 underway. Mod 1 first then maybe mod 2 tonight but I could take it in steps instead of all at once.

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #153 of 342
Hmmm after close examination I have the liner from the Sony 950 thread..is this ideal to use for the 560 mod?

Yeah, Jerg is right.

I think some people mistook the other one for your shelf-liner, Jerg... and that would probably explain the diversity in opinions.

The 2 liner materials sound... very different IMO. Even if measurements don't show them as different, they do sound different subjectively.

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #154 of 342
Has anyone played with an alternative to mod #3 besides the tacky stuff? Maybe the use of some rubber padding to make good contact between plastics or maybe even dynamat?

I'm getting mod 1 and 2 underway. Mod 1 first then maybe mod 2 tonight but I could take it in steps instead of all at once.

Senn uses sheet plastic on the HD800... I've always had the thought of just attaching some plastic from a ziplock bag to the pads to create a better seal.  If it works for them...

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #155 of 342
  Senn uses sheet plastic on the HD800... I've always had the thought of just attaching some plastic from a ziplock bag to the pads to create a better seal.  If it works for them...

Interesting, I'll need to pull some pics of an HD800 taken apart to see how they did it. That definitely seems more appealing than double sided tape..

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #158 of 342

Not a great picture, but you can get an idea...

Yeah sheet plastic cutouts could be a good alternative. Just permanently glue it to the bottom surface (avoiding the 4 clip regions), then bond the new surface to the cup baffles via double-sided tape as per usual.

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #160 of 342

Just a thought mounting putty, Loctite makes some ,(or museum putty) used to attach poster board to the wall, or to keep items from falling without damaging either part.  It is usually available at Home Depot, or Lowe's and it is cheap.   It certainly makes it reversible.  It was used many years ago to keep speakers from resonating when mounted on a stand. 

If you remember that you have been around the block!

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #161 of 342
You could probably get away with double sided tape, but glue would probably hold up better.

What sort of glue would provide solid long-term binding between metal/plastic, has a small amount (not too excessive) of "fill" volume, and is not a headache to remove after drying?

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #162 of 342
Some kind of silicone kit that would stay rubbery. The clear tacky one sometimes used to stick stuff in packaging if you know what I mean.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #163 of 342
Something like RTV Silicon adhesive. One of the softer curing ones that stays a bit towards the soft rubber consistency after curing. It sticks pretty darn well to things like plastic, metal, and even glass. But is can be peeled off of the surface pretty much intact if done carefully. It comes in different colors. White, black and clear are some options.

I wonder if I was understanding things well. Was not the idea of putting something like the plastic on the HD800 pads onto the HFM pads to make a good seal without using anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back