HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Oct 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #1,921 of 3,819
The emotiva is 160 now at Amazon I am sure it a winter sale.
eek.gif

I am currently listening to my he-500 on the nfb 11.32 it definetly is loud enough for me. I have had the emotiva before but regretably sold it. I am debating on keeping the set up like that and getting another closed headphone or getting the emotiva again. I like how it sounds but I want it to be a little more smooth and with stronger bass impact. I don't know if the emotiva will do that but after revisiting this thread and hearing that it needs atleast 5wts to sound its best it seems like a no brainer.

The guy I sold my emotiva to told me it was nice but didn't help the bass out that much.
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,922 of 3,819
eek.gif

I am currently listening to my he-500 on the nfb 11.32 it definetly is loud enough for me. I have had the emotiva before but regretably sold it. I am debating on keeping the set up like that and getting another closed headphone or getting the emotiva again. I like how it sounds but I want it to be a little more smooth and with stronger bass impact. I don't know if the emotiva will do that but after revisiting this thread and hearing that it needs atleast 5wts to sound its best it seems like a no brainer.

The guy I sold my emotiva to told me it was nice but didn't help the bass out that much.
confused_face_2.gif

You're not going to get the bass you want from just power alone. You'll need a good software EQ in the chain, or an amp with a bass knob tone control on it.

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #1,923 of 3,819
If you still find the bass lacking in the Emotiva + HE500 combo, then the HE500 might not be for you as far as bass is concerned.  But sure, you can always EQ to your liking.

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #1,924 of 3,819
eek.gif

confused_face_2.gif

It's also on sale right now for $169.00 from Emotiva directly.  Part of a Halloween sale.  

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/a100

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,927 of 3,819
  the bass is almost enough for me with the nfb... just curious if the emotiva improves it.

Just a touch bass improvement from my experience but the overall sound signature is quite different between the 2.

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,929 of 3,819
  what would be the differences. The nfb to me is a bit edgy... atleast that is how it sounds right now. I haven't burned these in. Nor do I have another amp to compare it to with the he500.

My NFB was also "edgy" to me, as well as the Magni. Needs software EQ with a bass boost to even it out a bit. Its the nature of the headphone.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #1,930 of 3,819
  the bass is almost enough for me with the nfb... just curious if the emotiva improves it.

MalVeuaX hits the definitions of the HE-500 with the a-100

"One, is sound stage, it is very nicely separated, no blurred lines, very nicely distinct. Two, the low frequency range is more pronounced than some other amps I've used, so this amp is warm, though it's not over the top or anything."

And the term black-space is used quite often inside his postings - I agree completely. It was the first thing I noticed, and it amazed me at how incredible black-space enhances the listening experience.

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #1,931 of 3,819
eek.gif

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Whhhhhyyyyy!!!! But on the bright side, Fedex indicated that the amp is already in Singapore. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #1,932 of 3,819

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Whhhhhyyyyy!!!! But on the bright side, Fedex indicated that the amp is already in Singapore. 

Call them back.  They might credit you some $ back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back