HD650 to LCD-2 - Was it worth it?
Jan 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #32 of 67
It's very much worth it. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #33 of 67
Despite similar sound signature, HD650 never sounded that natural for me, I always knew I listen to headphones, with LCD-2 it's getting very close to life like experience.
And I am missing a lot of sleep lately, you put LCD-2 on and listen for that one last song, and another, and another.
redface.gif

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #36 of 67
Yeah the LCD2's are a great upgrade from the 650's. Plus I would say that they are less high maintenance with amps. The 650's are very amp dependent and don't sound their best until they are amped sufficiently. The Audeze on the other hand sound great out of most quality amps.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #38 of 67
Quote:
I use a balanced Audio-gd Master-6 amp or the Woo6se.

Hifisound (http://www.hifisound.co.uk/) and Decent Audio are stockists in UK. I bought mine from Hifisound. Cost £730 all in.

I don't know if it has changed recently but Audeze's web site had no UK delivery options when I bought mine. Might have been an web site error or they only sold to their UK dealers.

Yes,you are right. Directly buy it on official web site is not available for british.......

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #39 of 67
I had the 650 and I loved them. I heard a lot of cans, but even if they were better in some aspects, I still preferred the sound of hd650 over all. I was sure that If I would upgrade to a better can, I would keep the hd650 until I met the lcd2. LCD2 seemed like a hd650 on steroids. 
And man I just love these cans! They keep me up every night.

You can find my impressions here or my full story here.

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #40 of 67
I am currently evaluating a pair of LCD2 REV2 with a Centrance Dacmini. I have owned a pair of HD 650s for roughly a year and have been using them roughly a year with an original Ray Samuels SR71 I purchased nearly 9 years ago in a portable rig. I purchased a Burson HA160D to use with the 650s and did not like the stepped attenuator and the bass impact was actually painful to me using the 650s. I then decided I would give the Burson HA160ds a try which loses the stepped knob and uses a regular volume pot. In reviews the 160ds was supposed to have less bass slam. I did notice differences between the two burson models, but they both seemed bass  heavy to me with the 650. I then decided to give the Dacmini a try. I found the Dacmini a much better match for the 650 to my ears. I then started reading about the lcd 2  and thought I would try those out. I am finding that IMHO they are quite a bit better than the 650. I am now contemplating the lcd 3.

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #41 of 67
It'd be awesome if the DACmini CX were a good pairing with the LCD-3 like the LCD-2; I think in tonal balance and coloration it is.  But I'm not convinced the amp has what it takes to drive the LCD-3 to its best, considering it's a lot pickier than the LCD-2.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #42 of 67
I am interested to know how the lcd 3 pairs with the dacmini cx, but i am not sure I am willing to pay the price. I have read a lot about the lcd 3 and most people say it is easy to drive but I am certain the sound quality would increase as you used better equipment in front of it. I liked the dacmini with the hd650, but Iwas curious what the lcd2 sounded like. I felt as others initially that they were not that much better. The hd650 are very enjoyable. The lcd2 gives a larger more full bodied detailed sound. The more  I Ilisten to the lcd2 the more I begin to appreciate the differences. The question is would i feel the same way about the lcd3. I enjoy the dacmini but there is no doubt there are more expensive dacs and amps that could improve the sound of the lcd2.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #43 of 67
Quote:
I am interested to know how the lcd 3 pairs with the dacmini cx, but i am not sure I am willing to pay the price. I have read a lot about the lcd 3 and most people say it is easy to drive but I am certain the sound quality would increase as you used better equipment in front of it. I liked the dacmini with the hd650, but Iwas curious what the lcd2 sounded like. I felt as others initially that they were not that much better. The hd650 are very enjoyable. The lcd2 gives a larger more full bodied detailed sound. The more  I Ilisten to the lcd2 the more I begin to appreciate the differences. The question is would i feel the same way about the lcd3. I enjoy the dacmini but there is no doubt there are more expensive dacs and amps that could improve the sound of the lcd2.

I found the Burson Conductor to be a very good pair for both LCD2 and LCD3.

You can find my impressions on Burson Conductor, LCD2 and LCD3 on my blog or on headfi .

May 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #44 of 67
Quote:
 I emailed them, they sent me a paypal invoice, it worked out at £679.18 all in. I've not paid duty yet but it sometimes takes a while for a bill to come through...

Delivery in 3 working days from paying the invoice, I've had much slower from down the road...

did you ever get stung for import duty?
if yes, can i ask how much?
thanks

May 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #45 of 67
in general terms does anyone know how import duty is worked out?
is it a straight forward percentage?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back