hd600 or hd650?
Feb 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #16 of 25
HD600.  It has slightly less low bass and slightly more treble than the HD650, making it more neutral.  e.g. cymbals sound a little dull on the HD650 due to less treble.

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #17 of 25
based on my experience in building my car audio for almost 5 years , having bass increase ..in it difinitely redcue the treble clarity..
i think the bass sound somewhat cancle some of the wavesound  of treble sound in the air..
sound is all about waves

I never listen to HD650 but i own H600 almost driven to its maximum potential..
why did i say that...

I almost listen the HD600 treble like the magneplanar or electrostas treble

the low  bass is extremely fast & tight .. never fatigue

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
based on my experience in building my car audio for almost 5 years , having bass increase ..in it difinitely redcue the treble clarity..
i think the bass sound somewhat cancle some of the wavesound  of treble sound in the air..
sound is all about waves

I never listen to HD650 but i own H600 almost driven to its maximum potential..
why did i say that...

I almost listen the HD600 treble like the magneplanar or electrostas treble

the low  bass is extremely fast & tight .. never fatigue

What is this I don't even-

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #19 of 25
Read it again - just a bit of broken English.  It makes sense, even if you don't agree with the opinion expressed.
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #20 of 25
I'm not sure the 600 or 650 is ideal for your genres. I listen to almost all genres and both headphones are a little too polite for what you are looking for. They will sound good good, but might not have enough energy to keep your toes tappin'.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #22 of 25
Here's the difference:

Better bass vs better highs.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
Here's the difference:

Better bass vs better highs.

I wouldn't say better, I'd say more.  I find the hd600 bass perfect.  It sounds neutral and just right to me.  I'm sure the hd650 is almost identical in quality but 'more' bass if you prefer that, but at the cost of a bit of high frequency.  Pretty small difference though if you compare the difference to other headphones...

I prefer these graphs, as they always correspond exactly to what I hear.  They essentially show the same differences as the headroom graphs, but I find the flatness of the headroom graphs seems to be not a flat line...  As long as you know how their graphs are measured this isn't an issue.  But the goldenears graphs tend to look more like things sound in my opinion...

For instance, you can see a bit more mid bass in the 650 and a slightly lower high treble.  Most would agree the 650 sound a bit warmer. This exactly what both sites graphs indicate... :)

HD600:

HD650:

May 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

I wouldn't say better, I'd say more.  I find the hd600 bass perfect.  It sounds neutral and just right to me.  I'm sure the hd650 is almost identical in quality but 'more' bass if you prefer that, but at the cost of a bit of high frequency.  Pretty small difference though if you compare the difference to other headphones...

I prefer these graphs, as they always correspond exactly to what I hear.  They essentially show the same differences as the headroom graphs, but I find the flatness of the headroom graphs seems to be not a flat line...  As long as you know how their graphs are measured this isn't an issue.  But the goldenears graphs tend to look more like things sound in my opinion...

For instance, you can see a bit more mid bass in the 650 and a slightly lower high treble.  Most would agree the 650 sound a bit warmer. This exactly what both sites graphs indicate... :)

HD600:

HD650:

Yup.  I A-B'd them and found the HD650 to have slightly low treble, especially making cymbals sound a little dull. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back