HD600 cable upgrade - worth it?
Jun 11, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #46 of 275
I lol'd lots at this, i still can't see what in the world set this guy off.

Quote:

Just because you, little english peasant, don’t hear a difference doesn’t mean everybody is the same.  There’s more to cables that you will never know or understand. Saying things like all cables sound the same, or is only a placebo effect is, a) pure ignorance, and b) laughable.
At the end of day it doesn’t matter what you think. what matters is that I do, and lucky for me there are a whole bunch people who do too. And some of these people (bless their souls) will dedicate a considerable amount of time, effort, and resource into improving cables, and other related gear for our better sound experience.

Go play with cows instead of trolling around hi-fi forums with annoying nonsense.douche 

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #48 of 275

Quote:

I'm not a particular fan of the name calling, but Lenni's reaction isn't at all surprising.  It's very difficult for some to see other perspectives from their's.

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #49 of 275
my experiences with recabling:

i replaced my HD580 cable with a HD650 cable the difference? i got sound in the right channel (the original cable broke and the 650 cable was actually cheaper)

do i believe that cables affect sound? nowhere near the level of some people here who might have breathed some good old magic smoke while building their DIY components
tongue.gif

there are SOME things a cable CAN affect that COULD affect the sound... but and this is a big but most cables don't affect these things enough to make the difference that some people around here preach

now back to the OP will recabling your HD600s make a difference? well you mention crackling so yes it will probably get rid of that since your cable is obviously having issues but beyond fixing problems no noticable difference... if your amp has a 1/4" jack you'll get a more reliable connection using a cable with a 1/4" plug than you do with the standard cable+adapter

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #50 of 275

Quote:
I found that the Cardas upgrade cable made a very big difference to my listening experience.

I got a pair of HD800's a couple of months ago which is an upgrade to my HD650's.  I ordered the upgrade for the 800 right away because I remember the sonic difference it made to me when I got my 650.  So when I started listening to my new 800 with the stock cord, they sounded almost exactly like my 650 with the Cardas cord; and it was the upgrade cable that made the difference.  When my Cardas 800 upgrade cable arrived, it moved the 800 up a very big notch.

Quote:

I was rereading some of this thread when I can across your comment Mike.

I haven't read any impressions that said the 880s sound even remotely like 650s. 

What's up?

USG

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #51 of 275

You are the second person I know experienced the exact same thing. I know one more person who told me this from his experience. When I read this I couldn't believe it was someone else.
well I am now using some hd650 cable with my hd600. It was a gift from appleheadmay from this forum. They are better at build and looks, but sound wise I couldn't spot differences, but I am not a experimented listener, so it is normal... I guess
Quote:
I found that the Cardas upgrade cable made a very big difference to my listening experience.

I got a pair of HD800's a couple of months ago which is an upgrade to my HD650's.  I ordered the upgrade for the 800 right away because I remember the sonic difference it made to me when I got my 650.  So when I started listening to my new 800 with the stock cord, they sounded almost exactly like my 650 with the Cardas cord; and it was the upgrade cable that made the difference.  When my Cardas 800 upgrade cable arrived, it moved the 800 up a very big notch.

Quote:

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #52 of 275
Sennheiser is taking their sweet old time processing my order apparently. So its going to be a bit before I get my stock 650 cord sadly. sp70.

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #53 of 275
I’ve asked myself the same question. meh, I should’ve known better than getting myself involved in some useless cable debate with some freaking ignorant cretin. I don’t know what’s got into me (live & learn I guess). never again. don't worry about it. nothing worth mentioning. 

Quote:

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #54 of 275

Quote:
I’ve asked myself the same question. meh, I should’ve known better than getting myself involved in some useless cable debate with some freaking ignorant cretin. I don’t know what’s got into me (live & learn I guess). never again. don't worry about it. nothing worth mentioning. 

You really need to get banned. If you still haven't realised, your behaviour is completely unacceptable, and further, no-one actually agrees with you. 'Ignorant cretin' is a sadly ironic insult in your case.

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #55 of 275

Quote:

You really need to get banned. If you still haven't realised, your behaviour is completely unacceptable, and further, no-one actually agrees with you. 'Ignorant cretin' is a sadly ironic insult in your case.

I actually understand and take his position as a reasonable, just not the insulting and name calling.  I'd personally never condone that, though in this case, I can understand why it happened. 

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #58 of 275
I use Cardas cable to dry my laundry. It only takes 15 minutes for it to dry while with the rope I use normally it takes up to an hour. Placebo? I think not!

Buy the cable, listen, sell it if you don't like it and don't forget to report back. The difference is so small its not worth 200$, the only thing what is good about it its shorter and purty. But you can make that by yourself.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #59 of 275

Mmmmm,

So your phones are SR80's yet you want to spend $200 on a cable?

What do you think will give you more improvement for your buck, a $200 cable or a Headphone upgrade?

Anyone who advises you to go for the cable is a 

[size=2.8em] charlatan[/size]

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #60 of 275

Quote:

Mmmmm,

So your phones are SR80's yet you want to spend $200 on a cable?

What do you think will give you more improvement for your buck, a $200 cable or a Headphone upgrade?

Anyone who advises you to go for the cable is a 

[size=2.8em] charlatan[/size]

lol check the topic title 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back