HD600 cable upgrade - worth it?
Jan 16, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #273 of 275
I went with a Periapt balanced cable for my trusty HD600s. I was looking at Moon Audio and Corpse Cables- but after thinking it through, I wasn't sure spending that much $ on a pair of 16 year old* headphones was prudent.

I had upgraded the stock HD600 cable with a HD650 late last year. The newer Senn cable is more robost, but geesh, 10 feet for my desktop? The Periapt cable is 5ft and an excellent length. I'm still tempted to try Moon or Corpse just to see if there is a difference. I had the original Cardas about a decade ago and that was an improvement over the stock cable. Is the Periapt better than either the stock or the HD650? Probably, but it's balanced so not an apples to apples comparison.

*16 years and hours upon hours of listening to music, movies, etc. and the only thing I've replaced is the foam head thing in December. Still look great, sound great. I finally recycled the box last year since I'm not getting rid of them.

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #274 of 275
I went with a Periapt balanced cable for my trusty HD600s. I was looking at Moon Audio and Corpse Cables- but after thinking it through, I wasn't sure spending that much $ on a pair of 16 year old* headphones was prudent.

I had upgraded the stock HD600 cable with a HD650 late last year. The newer Senn cable is more robost, but geesh, 10 feet for my desktop? The Periapt cable is 5ft and an excellent length. I'm still tempted to try Moon or Corpse just to see if there is a difference. I had the original Cardas about a decade ago and that was an improvement over the stock cable. Is the Periapt better than either the stock or the HD650? Probably, but it's balanced so not an apples to apples comparison.

*16 years and hours upon hours of listening to music, movies, etc. and the only thing I've replaced is the foam head thing in December. Still look great, sound great. I finally recycled the box last year since I'm not getting rid of them.
I don’t know if this will help but I recently got the Cardas cross for my HD 660 and it does help slightly with the separation of instruments and small differences in soundstage depending on the music. It’s very nice wire that’s flexible and no noise from the cable as it’s rubbed against other surfaces.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #275 of 275
I recommend custom cans cables. Very flexible, soft, microphone-free and lightweight cables! In addition, I noticed an improvement in the sound stage, the treble was more controlled (no stridency in certain passages) and there was a slight improvement in sound detail.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back