HD600 cable upgrade - worth it?
Jun 6, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #31 of 275
Ignorance is bliss.

Responses in bold. I've had enough of this guy, reason doesn't break through to him, so ad hominem happily included.

Quote:

yes I don’t have much experience with HP’s recabling, but what does it matter? I could’ve the most extensive experience, but it would not matter, would it? you want scientific proofs, concrete evidence, etc. only when I can show that you’ll start to hear a difference, is that right? Well I’m afraid I can’t give you that. What I can give you is my opinion on the sound characteristic a specific cable has. And the opinions that some other users wrote about the cable which reflect pretty much everything I hear with the cable. I know it’s all placebo... lol

So basically you know nothing about the HD600, but are going to somehow recommend cables to the OP? How would you know anything about the sound signature of the headphone in question? How would you know which cable to recommend? Surely in your fantasy world, if the cable has a sonic signature it's going to affect the overall signature of the headphone. Basically, without knowing the HD600s you wouldn't be able to recommend anything, so I don't understand why you entered this thread in the first place, let alone had the balls to attack other posters who actually had experience with the 'phones. Don't conflate your fantasy world where cables make a difference and my requests for concrete data with your motivation to post. In your mind, cables make a difference based on your own experiences - yet ironically you have no experience with the HD600. This is not consistent.

ok, I checked the link in your signature, watched for about #9mins, then I just got bored, and stopped. Thanks wasting me  #9mins. I usually take what “scientists” say with a pinch of salt. To me some scientists seem like religious fanatics. It’s all about proof – if it can’t be measured it’s not real, or something like that. And when they bump into something that cannot be explained they’ll make up some ridiculous theory for it. Fact! <---

This made me cringe as someone educated in science. Could you give me an example of such a 'ridiculous theory'? Perhaps you don't believe in gravity?

With that paragraph you revealed you have no idea how science works, no understanding of the scientific method, and suggested that because you found something boring it essentially wasn't true. I'm beginning to get indications of your education (or lack thereof). Unfortunately there's not much anyone can do to years of social conditioning.

you see, I’m not interested in hearing some dumbass scientific theory. I’d rather trust what I hear with my own ears. and what I hear is 100% true and real, as far as sound difference with cables is concerned. I’ve no doubts about it.

Random anti-science bollocks again. What you believe isn't necessarily true. I believe you're an imbecile - hopefully you can prove me wrong.

anyway, I’m sick already of the cable “debates”, so that's it for me. I'll let you get on with your little mission, and move on. so long

Good. You might be pleased to know you've converted me not to a believer in cables, but a believer in involuntary euthanasia for idiots.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #32 of 275
Everybody is different. Kingstyles is right. Follow your instincts.

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #34 of 275

Quote:
Good. You might be pleased to know you've converted me not to a believer in cables, but a believer in involuntary euthanasia for idiots.

I’m not interested in converting you, or anybody else for that matter, AT ALL. You’re misunderstanding. I said it already, I couldn’t care less if you’d use coat hangers for cables, or whatever. doesn’t bother me. entirely your choice. whatever suit you.

What irritates me is you trolling around the forum with your know-it-all knowledge on “scientific” placebo effect, and reality about cables, when is only a belief you created in your head. you’ve heard a couple of cables in your entire life in some crappy system, but yet have come to the conclusion you know all about cables reality, and are on a mission to let the  world know.  (that’s ignorance to me)

what a peasant!
What a peasant!I’m not interested in converting you, or anybody else for that matter, at all. You’re misunderstanding. I said it already, I couldn’t care less if you’d use coat hangers for cables, or whatever. doesn’t bother me.  your choice. whatever suit you.
What irritates me is you trolling around the forum with your know-it-all knowledge on “scientific” placebo effect, and reality about cables, when is only a belief you created in your head. you’ve heard a couple of cables in your entire life in some crappy system, but yet have come to the conclusion you know all about cables reality, and are on a mission to let the  world know.  (that’s ignorance to me) 
What a peasant!

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #36 of 275
Cable users do not have the scentific and statical data to argue statistical difference in expensive cables.  Stock cable users do not have the data to argue their null hypothesis that there is no difference between stock and expensive replacement.

All in all, a waste of time.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #37 of 275

Quote:

I’m not interested in converting you, or anybody else for that matter, AT ALL. You’re misunderstanding. I said it already, I couldn’t care less if you’d use coat hangers for cables, or whatever. doesn’t bother me. entirely your choice. whatever suit you.

what a peasant!
What a peasant!I’m not interested in converting you, or anybody else for that matter, at all. You’re misunderstanding. I said it already, I couldn’t care less if you’d use coat hangers for cables, or whatever. doesn’t bother me.  your choice. whatever suit you.
What a peasant!

LOL.

This guy deserves a Darwin Award.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #38 of 275
For pete's sake, this thread is outrageous. I feel more confused now than I did before I first posted! Anyway, thanks for all your help thus far, I feel like my best bet is to bring my phones to either a hi-fi shop that carries various cables, or to a head-fi meet and try different ones and see for myself!

Either way, I have no problem spending the ~$19 it was for the upgrade HD650 cord as it is not only a) new  b) more sturdy, but also c) i think my HD600 cord is now getting a short...when I move it it will occasionally crackle.

If I hear any life-altering difference, i'll be sure to keep you posted. Of course if any of the non-believers have any HD600 upgrade cords they would like to get rid of, just send 'em on over! :wink: sp70.

Jun 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #39 of 275

Quote:
For pete's sake, this thread is outrageous. I feel more confused now than I did before I first posted! Anyway, thanks for all your help thus far, I feel like my best bet is to bring my phones to either a hi-fi shop that carries various cables, or to a head-fi meet and try different ones and see for myself!

Either way, I have no problem spending the ~$19 it was for the upgrade HD650 cord as it is not only a) new  b) more sturdy, but also c) i think my HD600 cord is now getting a short...when I move it it will occasionally crackle.

If I hear any life-altering difference, i'll be sure to keep you posted. Of course if any of the non-believers have any HD600 upgrade cords they would like to get rid of, just send 'em on over! :wink: sp70.

Definitely keep it empirical. Don't get a recable and expect an earth shattering difference. If it is a matter of aesthetics, practicality (ie. length or resilience to damage), a bad connection (such as what happened to my ES10s) or to get balanced phones - sure that is a good reason as any to spend as much as you will. If at the end of the day you don't care for the non-sonic attributes of a recable, and can't discern it from placebo, you might as well get a refund or sell it.

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #41 of 275

Quote:
Seriously...I upgrade the stock HD 600 cable to cardas cable and can here the difference right away....

I wish people would wise up and abstain from making comment like this. It will help many of us stop wasting money on pointless upgrades. You probably bought the cable after reading about it here and you then parted with you cash hoping it would improve the sound. So of course you are hearing a difference. How much time have you spent investigating if the difference was real or just your mind fooling you? I had quite few similar experiences with upgrades but sadly further investigation has only shown me how unreliable my ears are.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #42 of 275

Quote:
zenpunk said:
I wish people would wise up and abstain from making comment like this. It will help many of us stop wasting money on pointless upgrades. You probably bought the cable after reading about it here and you then parted with you cash hoping it would improve the sound. So of course you are hearing a difference. How much time have you spent investigating if the difference was real or just your mind fooling you? I had quite few similar experiences with upgrades but sadly further investigation has only shown me how unreliable my ears are.

How is that advice any different from someone saying that a particular can is fabulous and even describes its characteristics, only for you to buy it and not have the same experience.  You may even end up selling them in the end? Hmmm?  How about hearing that amp X 'trounces' your own amp 'Y', so you decide to give it a try and you fail to see where such a claim is true. Hmmm?

Let's be consistent here and not be unnecessarily abusive or self-righteous with no sound basis for it. Pun intended. 
devil_face.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #43 of 275
It is great that Cooly_one heard a difference on his rig. That is a very good thing in this hobby. But this comment " I wish people would wise up and and abstain from making a comment like this. It will help many of us stop wasting money on pointless upgrades". zenpunk, have you every thought of going to a Head-fi meet or organizing one in your area to try out different gear and/or discuss this hobby? If you are new to this hobby a meet would really benefit you head-fi journey. And don't believe everything you read, you have to try things out to really form a good opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back