Originally Posted by Timmy029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm maybe a dark metallic blue would be nice
580smile.gif
maybe i'll have to try it one day

maybe? you mean you will!

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #124 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks good. I just wondering if it could be painted like W1000 or W2002? that would be really amazing

i honestly don't think anybody can imitate the looks of wood through paint....it might be CLOSE, but it will never have that wow factor of real wood.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #125 of 175
thought i should throw my hat into the ring here!

i recently received my 650 grilles/cords/adapter so i was ready to work on the headband. after stripping the band i found the color to be too dull for my tastes (and i scratched it while scrubbing stubborn bits of paint off the band).

i thought redleader's semigloss job would do the trick for me, so i went to walmart and bought what i thought was semigloss black. painted it and it looked horrible (redleader used real semi-gloss auto paint, mine was plastikote gloss black) - made the band look like a flimsy, cheap piece of plastic! couldn't keep that.

ran to homedepot and bought some 600grit sandpaper to sand it down to groundzero and decided on rustolium's black hammered spraypaint for plastic with krylon satin acrylic finishing coat (since i'll be handling the cans quite often). decided on 5 layers each side, 6 on top and 2 of the finishing. its all drying now (5 to 7 days for maximal adhesion) and looks GREAT. pics when i've reassembled everything back together!!

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #126 of 175
Ichinichi, I'll take them off your hands, even though I have a 650. I'd like to try something like that, except with ornamental decorations. Oh, and how did you get the plastic headband part to come off? I think I can disassemble the driver parts, but not the headband itself.

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #127 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ichinichi, I'll take them off your hands, even though I have a 650. I'd like to try something like that, except with ornamental decorations. Oh, and how did you get the plastic headband part to come off? I think I can disassemble the driver parts, but not the headband itself.

this isn't a for sale thread and i already bought them
smily_headphones1.gif
. but to take off the headband, there are two tabs right at the ends of the headband on the inside. they say made in ireland on them. pop those off with a screwdriver (it takes a bit of a force) and then just take everything apart. post your pictures when you finish up your 580's!

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #131 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea. i agree with souperman; your 580/600 are highly modular and all owners should take advantage of that fact! the pantyhose mod really opens up the cans!!

Oh, yeah. What is that mod? It applies to 580/600/650, right?

Apr 26, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #134 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by platinum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IT LOOKED SO COOL!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

good for you.

BTW, how did u get the grills out?
i have been spending time to try that and i didn't make it

haha that's the easy part! come on! but seriously, just take a screwdriver, and lightly pry the grills off gently so you don't scratch anything. it's THAT easy
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back