hd25-1 impressions thread
Sep 5, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #751 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantonese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I would change about these cans is that dreaded steel cable, which is probably more microphonic than any headphone cable I've ever used in my life. The "easy" fix would be to buy a HD 600/650 cable, but I bought these cans for sake of portability, and a 10 ft long cable defeats that purpose. Only if I could find a 5 ft HD 600/650 cable for under $100...

With a non-microphonic cable, I'd give these a 5/5
L3000.gif

remember another positive of these cans is their portability and ruggedness. having a short steel cable, rather than a long expensive silver one, means there's no worry or panic about running over it with your chair, damaging it in your bag, kinking it or pulling it too hard. I even used my hd25's snowboarding this year and they were fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif
I love how they take a beating and come back for more. There's a reason so many DJ's use these cans!

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #752 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The isolation is impressive as advertised. These are keepers...much more listening needed for final impressions. I like the bag and will use it...I'd like to find the velour pads.

Velour is more comfortable but some loss of bass and isolation...

Sep 5, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #753 of 3,350
Yeah got in my replacement velour pad/headband set and I definately notice a loss in bass. It still sounds good (plus they look damn sexy) but I don't know if I like the trade off. Would I like better overall sound or more comfort when I am at the Uni. I'll probably end up going with the stock pleather pads.

While they look great, the color was not as deep a shade of red as I was expecting. The photos online make it seem much richer in color.

I'll post a set of pics with the red velour set on when I get my camera back from my friend.

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #754 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by wired00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
remember another positive of these cans is their portability and ruggedness. having a short steel cable, rather than a long expensive silver one, means there's no worry or panic about running over it with your chair, damaging it in your bag, kinking it or pulling it too hard. I even used my hd25's snowboarding this year and they were fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif
I love how they take a beating and come back for more. There's a reason so many DJ's use these cans!

You don't need to replace the cable to silver or other premium options, since there is vein in mid of the stock steel cable, unless you replace it or you never hear what the true performance and sound quality of the HD25. Even with a cheap original HD6x0 cable, the HD25 sounds wonderful. The replacement is essential and the improvement is noticeable.

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #758 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any difference in SQ between hd25-1-II and the hd25-sp II? or is it just the headband

don't get hd25 sp, they're inferior to the hd25. hd25sp were actually given away "free" as in-flight headphones on concord planes
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #759 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't need to replace the cable to silver or other premium options, since there is vein in mid of the stock steel cable, unless you replace it or you never hear what the true performance and sound quality of the HD25. Even with a cheap original HD6x0 cable, the HD25 sounds wonderful. The replacement is essential and the improvement is noticeable.

Oh I've used my hd650 cable with the 25's and yep they sound good but TBH i think I'd rather be content at not damaging them or having the plug fall out while using the stock cable than mess around with a replacement... i guess it just depends whether you use them as portable/holiday/etc or at home
smily_headphones1.gif
Plus the 650 cable's are just too damn long!

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #761 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interested to buy myself an HD25-II. I really need to have sealed, portable cans and I'm used to the Sennheiser sound. Will I be satisfied?

Yes.

The end
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #762 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by wired00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes.

The end
wink.gif

ROFLCOPTER!!!!

I do hope they are actually available here in my country. Do you know that this year, only 2 units of Koss Porta Pros are on sale nationwide????

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #763 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ROFLCOPTER!!!!

I do hope they are actually available here in my country. Do you know that this year, only 2 units of Koss Porta Pros are on sale nationwide????

what about ebay or amazon etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back