Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Mar 18, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #211 of 384

Quote:
um no

i bought my ath m50 from this seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/proaudiomart/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

I received my my m50's on the teal box and i still have that safety paper.
It is the same one that was scanned recently.

proaudiomart is an authorized seller so my m50s are legit.

Do you happen to know if we gotta send the yellow warranty paper within 10 days or when the M50's break? Thanks.

*edit` nvm. I will just send it off right now.

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #212 of 384
I sent it off the day i received them.
I sent a message to the seller in regarding of the warranty and all. They were kind enough to tell me what i had to write and everything. I am really not sure if i was supposed to get something back from Audio Technica like some sort of confirmation or a "Welcome aboard letter" or something lol.
So yeah, i never received anything back from AT. i am not sure if i even did it correctly.

Anyways, it should expire in October from this year.

Quote:
What offer did you make that was accepted by that eBay store? Or did you pay straight $159.99?

Sorry.
I should have mentioned i purchased them on Oct 14, 2010. A day before my birthday :D
The price back then was around 97 dollars. Every retailer or e-tailer was selling it around that price. it was a pretty nice bargain if you ask me. Right now i see that it went up 50 dollars more or so.

I can advise you to see and try to haggle with the seller. Luckily, proaudiomart may take off a few bucks so it really is worth a try.

I still remember back then there was a little commotion of head-fiers who could have swore that the old batch of m50s (pre-2010) had a slightly better sound signature than newer ones or something like that.

Anyways, they are like 115 or so in Amazon right now.
eBay may be riskier because of the sellers. As long as anyone purchases it from some authorized dealer it is okay.
I would, however, expect the worse if i order an m50 from a seller living in Taiwan, China, Singapore or Thailand.

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #213 of 384
I bought it from another Ebay seller, for 120 + shipping, actually. Though it turned out I will be paying around $60 in brokerage free once UPS ships it to my home here in Canada, from the States, next week. Can't change anything now since it's in transit, but DEFINITELY won't touch anything else that being sold that's gone through UPS in the future.

Quote:
I sent it off the day i received them.
I sent a message to the seller in regarding of the warranty and all. They were kind enough to tell me what i had to write and everything. I am really not sure if i was supposed to get something back from Audio Technica like some sort of confirmation or a "Welcome aboard letter" or something lol.
So yeah, i never received anything back from AT. i am not sure if i even did it correctly.

Anyways, it should expire in October from this year.

Sorry.
I should have mentioned i purchased them on Oct 14, 2010. A day before my birthday :D
The price back then was around 97 dollars. Every retailer or e-tailer was selling it around that price. it was a pretty nice bargain if you ask me. Right now i see that it went up 50 dollars more or so.

I can advise you to see and try to haggle with the seller. Luckily, proaudiomart may take off a few bucks so it really is worth a try.

I still remember back then there was a little commotion of head-fiers who could have swore that the old batch of m50s (pre-2010) had a slightly better sound signature than newer ones or something like that.

Anyways, they are like 115 or so in Amazon right now.
eBay may be riskier because of the sellers. As long as anyone purchases it from some authorized dealer it is okay.
I would, however, expect the worse if i order an m50 from a seller living in Taiwan, China, Singapore or Thailand.

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #214 of 384
everytime I know there is counterfeit, I stop buying from ebay. Of course unless its an authorized dealer.
Try to buy it from Amazon, but be sure to buy it from the original company. In this case, "Audio Techinica"

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #216 of 384

Quote:
One of the things that I think looks a little suspicious is the fold out paper that came inside the package. Here are some scans of it.

What I noticed was that the first language listed was not english.

Mine came with this also! Mine seem very very legit tho. I have ALL of the real features. And they sound great. This did kinda stumble me when I opened it as well tho.

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #217 of 384
Hi, new user here but long time lurker, anyways, I ordered my headphones from a US eBay seller with over 99% positive feedback, but I had my suspicions about my headphones since purchase.

This is the inside of my right cup of the headphone.
My headphones came with the exact same instructions sheet (complete with the Chinese text!) and it was folded the same way too.  It came with the yellow warranty card, and bag as well as the 1/4" adapter.

Can anyone confirm if these are fake or not?  Thank you, you guys are awesome!

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #218 of 384
The best proof = the inside of your headphone, ala the foam padding between the driver and the plastic cap, and the '125B' sticker. Everything else can and will be replicated by phony manufacturers with ease.

It's legit. Mine is identical to yours (same internals when opened up, same guide with Chinese, same box.

Actually never mind, the best proof = the SOUND OF THE HEADPHONES lol. If they sound great, either you got a genuine can, or the phony manufacturer outdid Audio Technica. Ha.

Quote:
Hi, new user here but long time lurker, anyways, I ordered my headphones from a US eBay seller with over 99% positive feedback, but I had my suspicions about my headphones since purchase.

This is the inside of my right cup of the headphone.
My headphones came with the exact same instructions sheet (complete with the Chinese text!) and it was folded the same way too.  It came with the yellow warranty card, and bag as well as the 1/4" adapter.

Can anyone confirm if these are fake or not?  Thank you, you guys are awesome!

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #220 of 384
Hi Guys, here are the pics of mine, my bro just got them yesterday and here are the pics, they have come with ALL accessories (Pouch,jack,'yellow' warranty card(folded twice)+ instruction card) plus my bro says they sound great...!! does anyone find any flaw in them. I will not risk opening them though :) I got them from amazon (via GearTree) I am not sure if its OK to quote the seller here, Moderator forgive me if I am wrong in doing so

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #221 of 384
Those are DEFINITELY real. They look exactly the same as mine when I received mine new from an authorized dealer.

Quote:
Hi Guys, here are the pics of mine, my bro just got them yesterday and here are the pics, they have come with ALL accessories (Pouch,jack,'yellow' warranty card(folded twice)+ instruction card) plus my bro says they sound great...!! does anyone find any flaw in them. I will not risk opening them though :) I got them from amazon (via GearTree) I am not sure if its OK to quote the seller here, Moderator forgive me if I am wrong in doing so

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #223 of 384
Nachiket.. what camara are you using? Those are some Hi-Def  pictures even if the resolution isn't so big... I haven't seen a camara with such clarity in forever....
And yes, they are perfectly real.. Same goes to Hosseinm, they are real.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #225 of 384
B&H photo is 100% legit. Just make sure your buying the one you want. there is a coiled cable version and a straight cable.
Though, let me give you a heads up and tell you that you can get em for $109 w/ free shipping at scitscat music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back