Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Mar 5, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #181 of 384

Quote:
117.95 on Ebay. "Audio Technica ATHM50S DJ Monitor Headphones Blk NEW" Seller is asavings.com.  24 have been sold. What do you guys think? I bought them earlier today, before knowing a lil more in detail about the fakes  8(  I am thinking about canceling the order. But they won't be there until Monday. I google earthed the place in Brooklyn NY lol! It's built right next to a train track. I'm thinking I should have made better judgment? Idk. I want just want the legit ones. Oh yeah, any clue what the "S" is for after ATHM50?

S is for the straight cable version, the normal ATHM50 comes with a coiled cable.

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #182 of 384

Quote:
117.95 on Ebay. "Audio Technica ATHM50S DJ Monitor Headphones Blk NEW" Seller is asavings.com.  24 have been sold. What do you guys think? I bought them earlier today, before knowing a lil more in detail about the fakes  8(  I am thinking about canceling the order. But they won't be there until Monday. I google earthed the place in Brooklyn NY lol! It's built right next to a train track. I'm thinking I should have made better judgment? Idk. I want just want the legit ones. Oh yeah, any clue what the "S" is for after ATHM50?

Asavings or Audio Savings is an authorized US dealer so I wouldn't worry about getting fakes.
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/site/1e22eec97c088a8b/index.html/

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #183 of 384
Also, if your so worried about getting M50's from Ebay, Why not just get them from Amazon for $117 as well?..... Right now they are running at $117 at Amazon so yea.. I would prefer Amazon over Ebay in this situation.

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #184 of 384
No it's not Audio Savings 4 sure, just ASavings. Yea hopefully I can call them and have it canceled in time. I'm sure they'll be good and new. I prolly won't know the difference in sound to tell you the truth. Never used a good set. I could have used Amazon, I just didn't know about this whole fake thing like I said. I mean, are they really fakes? or just kinda like half ass'd ones that came out a lil wrong. Kinda like Value City lol. Honestly I thought $117 was normal, and that's why I chose it. All the ones on the authorized list that I've seen so far are in the $150-$160 range.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #185 of 384
Well as of now, Amazon has some for $117 and every seller on Amazon is authorized...
Right now the cheap authorized resellers are GeerTree, 17th Street Photo...
Ace Photo Digital is also selling for $117 on Amazon at the moment, but I'm not sure about them because Ace Photo Digital isn't on the authorized dealers list, So order from Amazon from GeerTree if your so frightened of getting scammed on ebay.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #186 of 384

Quote:
No it's not Audio Savings 4 sure, just ASavings. Yea hopefully I can call them and have it canceled in time. I'm sure they'll be good and new. I prolly won't know the difference in sound to tell you the truth. Never used a good set. I could have used Amazon, I just didn't know about this whole fake thing like I said. I mean, are they really fakes? or just kinda like half ass'd ones that came out a lil wrong. Kinda like Value City lol. Honestly I thought $117 was normal, and that's why I chose it. All the ones on the authorized list that I've seen so far are in the $150-$160 range.

asavings is legit. I bought my M50 from them and there was no question they were authentic.

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #187 of 384
Well that made me feel a little better. Thanks. I was searching on the internet to see if anybody had bought a pair from them. I was just conffused because they are 160$ on their actual website.

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #189 of 384
Scitscat.com has them for $109.95 with free shipping within US. Bought mine from them.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #190 of 384
If you bought yours for a low price and you receive the blue box with the flap in the front, you most likely got a fake chinese product, because the Blue boxes stopped production like 7 months ago and now it should have a Teal Flap on the top and all white box instead. Keep an eye out for that.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #191 of 384

Quote:
1: it's from china 2: he's selling ten pairs 3: each one is sold as is, phones only, those reasons seriously raise questions on the validity of these phones because what ever the hell happened to all ten boxes and the accessories?

The seller that i'm looking at to buy from does no fit any of these paramaters but only has 1 review. It is positive but should be worried?

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #193 of 384
Check these out on EBay. Audio Technica ATH-M50s, seller (Appleround) from Hong Kong, already has customer feedback about fake headphones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320667372397&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220749991888&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #194 of 384
Whoaaa!! Can anyone buy those headphones for $20 and put up some pictures of them?!?!?
Someone should do an extreme comparison of real ATH-M50's and fake ATH-M50's and now should be the time to do it because its only $20 for the fake ones!!!

~edit* Darn... the sellers website is infected with a virus!!! DON'T GO ON THE CHINESE SELLERS WEBSITE!!!

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #195 of 384

Quote:
If you bought yours for a low price and you receive the blue box with the flap in the front, you most likely got a fake chinese product, because the Blue boxes stopped production like 7 months ago and now it should have a Teal Flap on the top and all white box instead. Keep an eye out for that.

Everywhere around my area they're being sold with the blue box with the front flap. It doesn't  mean they're fakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back