Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Oct 10, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #31 of 384

Quote:
you mean the symbol is reversed?

Haha! Right on, yeah it`s reversed... My money back now plz.
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #33 of 384
Hmm, I got my pair for around 90 bucks and they were brand new. They are definitely legit, but I have no idea why the guy was selling at such a low price. Of course, this is before I knew about good headphones and earphones and did not pay much attention to what I was buying.

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #37 of 384
if you tell seller that you gonna report him for selling conterfits, he'll ask you to leave a good feed back and let you keep the phone plus a full refund. record all this and report to ebay to have him banned.

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #38 of 384

File a claim through PayPal. And post all communications through that claim. You'll get your $ back and eBay will deal with the fradulent seller.

Any eBayer can report a seller of counterfeits - even without buying it. Ebay will add these reports to those received from buyers.

Quote:
if you tell seller that you gonna report him for selling conterfits, he'll ask you to leave a good feed back and let you keep the phone plus a full refund. record all this and report to ebay to have him banned.

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #39 of 384

Quote:

I second this, but go to Paypal right away. I do not know if this still applies, but from past experience, I know that once the money has been withdrawn, Paypal can't do anything about it. If you did not receive the product that was being advertised, then that can be a serious problem.

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #40 of 384
i have been the victim of a few fakes, both technicas, and both from usa sellers! each time i asked i got a full refund and kept the cans. 
which i gave away soon after..

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #42 of 384
Quote:
i have been the victim of a few fakes, both technicas, and both from usa sellers! each time i asked i got a full refund and kept the cans. 
which i gave away soon after..

Would you mind stating which US sellers sold you the fakes? Were they blatantly obvious fakes like the one highlighted in this thread?

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I purchased them off ebay an seller with over 200k feedback at 99% positive. They were around $130 USD including international shipping. Item description stated brand new with manufacturer's warranty. This thread has made me really paranoid that I should have paid extra to purchase from an authorized seller. Is there a way to fully confirm authenticity when my pair arrives?

EDIT: Removed seller name and link to store. Item arrived as described. Brand new and authentic beyond doubt. PM me for info on seller.

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #43 of 384
Physical checking and SQ checking. Could also try to find out if the supplier has genuine stock by asking audio technica at their site. You will need to ask where the stock is coming from for this to work though. There ARE genuine bulk refurbs out there from what I've heard on the nets

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #44 of 384
Wow, I can't believe their are M50 counterfeit now considering the built quality seem to be harder to do while maintaining cost for profit not like the es7.  I wonder why there are so many AT counterfeit compare to some of the other brands, maybe it's my imagination but there do seem to be more ATs fakes.  This does make headphone buying hard compare to other fake products.  With shoes and purse they are just cosmetic and maybe comfort no big deal, but headphones your looking at all that plus sound quality.  Plus a lot of other products knock off people are aware what they are purchasing, but headphones seems to be straight con work.

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #45 of 384

Quote:
Physical checking and SQ checking. Could also try to find out if the supplier has genuine stock by asking audio. Technical at their site. You will need to ask where the stock is coming from for this to work though. There ARE genuine bulk refurbs out there from what I've heard on the nets

Where did you hear of genuine bulk refurbs, have you a link?
I buy my for 75USD from worldbiz_cn. I have the one with reverse logo. The sound quality is brilliant. It has kickbass just as well i have read tests. But i have not compared with a original one. Hope that someone can compare that. The seller tells me:

Quote:
Hello,friend
After got your message,I check them carefully,actullay like you said of the looking,then I called the supplier,he told me yes for that reason,they are Rejected factory product,not fake, a batch of the headphone plastic cover made by mistake,so they haven't send to packing as boxed,our agent got them from a special source,thus them come in our retail market.but don't worry,it is not fake,the headphone use the same driver as boxed.
If you mind that,I can accept return and give you full refund,I can afford the return shipping cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back