Has anyone listened to Koss Pro DJ100?
Nov 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #46 of 50

Quote:
I've never heard the Shure's, but I do love the DJ100. I would ALWAYS recommend it over the MV1 for sure. I don't think you lose that much detail, and the weight alone is worth recommending the DJ100. I'd bet the MV1 is twice as heavy. 

I probably posted this before, but I'm pretty sure the MV1 has an even LARGER upper mids peak than the DJ100. Definitely sounds that way. DJ100 sounded a bit clearer and it took awhile to notice. I didn't give the MV1 5 days of burn-in, so it's hardly fair.

It'd be interesting to listen to a Pro4AAT and an MV1 with a good 50 hours of burn in on them. I remember hearing someone on here years ago preferring the Pro4AAT over the K701 for classical!

I imagine the muffled sound of the Pro4AAT (like the DJ100) goes away after lots of burn in. Of course not all DJ100s sound slightly muffled before burn-in, but some. Could be the titanium driver.

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #47 of 50

Quote:
I probably posted this before, but I'm pretty sure the MV1 has an even LARGER upper mids peak than the DJ100. Definitely sounds that way. DJ100 sounded a bit clearer and it took awhile to notice. I didn't give the MV1 5 days of burn-in, so it's hardly fair.

It'd be interesting to listen to a Pro4AAT and an MV1 with a good 50 hours of burn in on them. I remember hearing someone on here years ago preferring the Pro4AAT over the K701 for classical!

I imagine the muffled sound of the Pro4AAT (like the DJ100) goes away after lots of burn in. Of course not all DJ100s sound slightly muffled before burn-in, but some. Could be the titanium driver.

As of right now, I think the DJ100 has the larger upper mids peak, but I've only got about 10 hours on it, while my MV1 probably has close to 500 or more hours on it, not including the 72 I let it burn in for. I really like that headphone, but now that I have the DJ100, I don't know how much more I'll actually be using it. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #48 of 50
Some first facts on burn in on the koss house drivers pro4aat/aaat/MV1. All Headphones ar closed.
The titanium coating breaks on the moving edges of the diaphragm. It needs for this reaction some time or a lot of power for a fast break in.
A good driver shouldn't really break in or change his quality on dampening and other factors trough mechanical movement within a short time. It is a quality issue and the coating looks uneven, too. 
One of the drivers housing broke in half on the the manufacturing molding edge, and now the air can move trough the driver.
Sorry, but i can not better describe this with my words. 

Sorry Koss, but this is poor, i mean you should shame on your quality for a 149$ plastic painted headphone made in USA with an old pro4aaa headband design. Glued on Pads, resonating housing and plastic smell at this price range. 
At all not all European states has your lifetime warranty and some costumers paying about 250$ for your Pro4 products. Quality workmanship outsourcing at the best. You are not Grado and this is not your tradition and role in the headphone industry. Your past overall quality was on top with German headphones. Even Sony has now better quality for a current studio phone. 
If I need a broadcasting Headphone, I can get the beyerdynamic DT1xx series with boom mic. 

Should i get the Dj100 for about 104$ in my country? Not really and i do not have the money for technical mass market bargain.Koss missed the concept on a good Dj Phone as a workhorse and its own statement on product placement and marketing.
I need 35dB broadband Isolation, perfect acoustic dampening and with rhythm signature, with some more improvements for a good overall closed headphone. Sennheiser HD-25 and we can talk now about good and productive headphone, Sound is not all.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #49 of 50
I enjoy the all around sound of the Koss Pro DJ100. They even fit pretty well and are very comfortable, even with the original pads. I could wear these headphones for hours and forget they are even over my ears. I fell asleep with these on once. I don't know much about headphones, but I have to say these headphones sound as good or even better than my father's Sony MDR- V700 DJ headphones. My father says the Sony MDR-V700 sounds a better, but I prefer the Koss Pro DJ100's more. Even if he is an experienced sound engineer and professional DJ.

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #50 of 50
HERE TO REVIVE A DEAD THREAD!

I have an important question, does this headphone have a proprietary locking system? Want to buy my brother a gaming headset but I intend to get him DJ100's and V-moda boompros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back