Has anyone heard of KOZEE SOUND SOLUTIONS?
Jan 24, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #16 of 199
This seems interesting, I might be willing to bite the bullet and get the entry level custom earphones instead of a reshell, too bad there are no reviews as of yet.  Ran across their ad on Ebay, I have an itchy trigger finger for something custom at the moment.  Also how much is it to have Triple Fi 10's reshelled with an impression kit included?

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 199
Yargh, I wish I hadn't read this thread, I've always been curious about customs and remolded IEMs, but afraid to sacrifice my Triple Fi 10, as some people have said they sound worse.  $90 sounds good enough to give this a go though.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #19 of 199
Yes, I do feel comfortable getting my TF10 reshelled with Kozee.  I wasn't sure what connector to use on my TF10, UE or Westone.  I found many UE compatible ebay cables, but finally decided to go with the Westone connector.  Kozee does sell the cables, $35 for a 50 inch cable and 38 for a 64 inch cable.  Plus, they are working on a high end cable, but I don't have the info just yet.  I do have another TF10 for comparison once I get the one back from Kozee, so I will let you know how they compare.

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #20 of 199
When are you supposed to get the reshells back average joe?  I think I will go ahead and do this if you give a good review.  One thing I will say, I emailed Adam, and he seemed very concerned about getting the tube lengths, positioning, and bore as close as they come stock, which interested me, Fischer used to do this, but don't anymore

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #21 of 199
Adam received my impressions yesterday and said the turn time was between 10 to 14 days, so I should have them in 2 and a half weeks considering shipping time.  Yes, he seems like he really knows what he is doing and wants to just give the benefit of the custom shell.  I know universal fit versions of customs don't offer as good of sound, so I am hoping there is a good improvement.

What did Fisher stop doing?

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #22 of 199
In the begining of the Fisher remold thread, the original and other early posters said that Kim would work on the getting the tube lengths,dual bore, and spacing of the drivers similar to the Triple Fi 10 stock configuration.  I emailed Kaysen(?) about this a couple of months ago about my concerns, of the reshell sounding different than the stock sound, and asked if they did dual bore, similar spacing/tube lengths compared to stock, and he/she said that they don't do this anymore.  

Quote:
Adam received my impressions yesterday and said the turn time was between 10 to 14 days, so I should have them in 2 and a half weeks considering shipping time.  Yes, he seems like he really knows what he is doing and wants to just give the benefit of the custom shell.  I know universal fit versions of customs don't offer as good of sound, so I am hoping there is a good improvement.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #23 of 199

Quote:
In the begining of the Fisher remold thread, the original and other early posters said that Kim would work on the getting the tube lengths,dual bore, and spacing of the drivers similar to the Triple Fi 10 stock configuration.  I emailed Kaysen(?) about this a couple of months ago about my concerns, of the reshell sounding different than the stock sound, and asked if they did dual bore, similar spacing/tube lengths compared to stock, and he/she said that they don't do this anymore.  

Quote:

so did fischer stop doing remolds completely? or have they simply stopped trying to keep the original sound sig?

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #24 of 199
I would have tried Kozee but I had already sent mine off to Fisher. They still measure the bore length and mimick the universal if it has dual. I confirmed all this with them before shipping. However the extra step Kozee takes is they check the frequency response before and after the reshell, and have a longer guarantee. 90 versus 30 days I believe.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #25 of 199
I'm very curious to hear more about how the experiment with the Triple.fi remold comes out. (Average Joe, please keep this updated!)

The Triples is IMO a very tricky and spooky IEM, due to it's cross overs etc. As I understand it's impedance changes quite a lot from being 32 ohm consistantly at the lower frequencies, but then around 1KHz it hits 60 ohm and then again around 10-20 K it hits 6 ohm. This also explains at least to me why the triple's sound so very different by using different DAP's or amps, because in combination with any slight variation in output impedance from the the source this will relatively, to my ears at least, influence on how the Triple's sound.

Again any slight change to the remold, regarding this referred area, could have a very pos/neg influence on how the the remolded Triple's will sound vs. the universal.

I do believe that the triple's has a great potential, but everything has to to be in the right order, not just the fit, cable, foams etc.

I have also today ordered my first custom IEM. Just the single driver unit from Kozee. For me, it's a decent price to find out if Custom IEM's will do the fit job for me and if I'm capable of doing the impression on my own.

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #26 of 199
alright... custom that fits my wallet lol!

Jan 26, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #27 of 199

Quote:
I'm very curious to hear more about how the experiment with the Triple.fi remold comes out. (Average Joe, please keep this updated!)

The Triples is IMO a very tricky and spooky IEM, due to it's cross overs etc. As I understand it's impedance changes quite a lot from being 32 ohm consistantly at the lower frequencies, but then around 1KHz it hits 60 ohm and then again around 10-20 K it hits 6 ohm. This also explains at least to me why the triple's sound so very different by using different DAP's or amps, because in combination with any slight variation in output impedance from the the source this will relatively, to my ears at least, influence on how the Triple's sound.

Again any slight change to the remold, regarding this referred area, could have a very pos/neg influence on how the the remolded Triple's will sound vs. the universal.

I do believe that the triple's has a great potential, but everything has to to be in the right order, not just the fit, cable, foams etc.

I have also today ordered my first custom IEM. Just the single driver unit from Kozee. For me, it's a decent price to find out if Custom IEM's will do the fit job for me and if I'm capable of doing the impression on my own.

I too am interested to see how much improvement there will be between the custom and regular.  It does seem like Adam knows what he is doing, though, so I am pretty confident it will turn out well.  I wonder how much a DBA-02 or CK10 would improve with a reshell?

Jan 26, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #28 of 199

Quote:
Quote:

I too am interested to see how much improvement there will be between the custom and regular.  It does seem like Adam knows what he is doing, though, so I am pretty confident it will turn out well.  I wonder how much a DBA-02 or CK10 would improve with a reshell?

Let's see how it turns out with the triple's for you. If it's on the positive side from your experience.
I'm surely willing to risk my DBA-O2. I have actually, very seriously,  thought about this as well, but let's just get through my first initial order of my first customs! 

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #29 of 199

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let's see how it turns out with the triple's for you. If it's on the positive side from your experience.
I'm surely willing to risk my DBA-O2. I have actually, very seriously,  thought about this as well, but let's just get through my first initial order of my first customs! 

Yes, and maybe also wait for Joker's review of the Kozee X1.  Hopefully he will help us see where it stacks up vs. the DBA-02 and CK10.

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #30 of 199
What I meant was originally they catered to a consumers wants to have similar spacing, tube lengths, dual bores, etc etc compared to the stock TF 10 configuration, in the beginning of that thread.  As time passed and when I inquired about keeping everything the same in a remold (driver spacing, tube length, dual bore),  I was informed that they did not try to keep it the same as the person in the beginning of the thread said they had dnoe for him.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

so did fischer stop doing remolds completely? or have they simply stopped trying to keep the original sound sig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back