Has anyone heard of KOZEE SOUND SOLUTIONS?
Jan 30, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #47 of 199
Today,  I made my impressions from the kit that I received very quickly after ordering from Kozee's Ebay site. 

I had my wife helping out to perform this type of "insertion and filling" after giving her a 10 minute briefing on "how to do this". I was able to create two sets of impressions from the supplied kit.
I have no experience with customs, having molds made etc,, but what I have seen on pics. before my impressions so far looks all right.  Reasonable easy to perform when following  the supplied instructions + video.

Now,  I'll just have to ship them back in the same box I received which included pre-paid postage and labels, very nice indeed, and just kick back and wait for the final result! 
If I like!  I would like to go the reshell of some current IEM's.

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #49 of 199

Quote:
Interesting,

So the 'standard' package for the X1 is made of silicone and has a fixed cord, the executive option (+$50) has the 'different' material (assume acrylic), better driver, and detachable cord...wonder if the extra 50 would be worth it.

oddly enough, 1964 ears charges $100 extra for a silicone shell instead of acrylic

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #51 of 199
$50 at the price of the X1 is a big jump (36% jump from the $140 price on the website).  With the X3, which I am getting, the price increase seems to make complete sense (9% price increase).

Yes, the executive option uses acrylic vs. silicon.  I don't have experience with silicon, so I can't say if I like them or not, but I know I like acrylic!  The detachable cable is nice for after market cables and long term durability (cables are usually the first to go).

And it seems 1964 ears is about double Kozee for both acrylic and reshelling ($160 for a TF10 reshell from what I was told by a friend).

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #52 of 199

Quote:
$50 at the price of the X1 is a big jump (36% jump from the $140 price on the website).  With the X3, which I am getting, the price increase seems to make complete sense (9% price increase).

Yes, the executive option uses acrylic vs. silicon.  I don't have experience with silicon, so I can't say if I like them or not, but I know I like acrylic!  The detachable cable is nice for after market cables and long term durability (cables are usually the first to go).

And it seems 1964 ears is about double Kozee for both acrylic and reshelling ($160 for a TF10 reshell from what I was told by a friend).

:p prices were upped recently to $190 for a reshell, but yest, $50 for removable cabling is a very good deal, cables are usually the weakest link

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #54 of 199

Quote:

Thanks for this info.  I did not know that the standard option was silicon and the upgrade $50 was acrylic, actually it was not clear where to find this info.!
I may just probably stick with the standard option for my X1 order and see how this works out for me.

If I did venture into a reshell from the choice of IEM's that I have right now, I would without any doubt choose the option that includes  the option of a detachable cable.

Anyway, I will communicate with them and from this info figure out what may be my best options!

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #56 of 199

Quote:
Quote:
They are arriving tomorrow. I will make my decision then. If they are jaw dropping and awe inspiring in every way imaginable I will keep them. Otherwise: Stax and/or customs.

soo, satisfied, dissatisfied? pics? sorry, kindof eager to hear opinions on this company

I think he was talking about the earsonics sm3's...I might actually try one sometime in the near future (custom IEM)

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #57 of 199
I'm more interested in the reshell :) If average joe's turns out find I might go and get a reshell done since I've been thinking about getting one just never got around to it.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #58 of 199

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They are arriving tomorrow. I will make my decision then. If they are jaw dropping and awe inspiring in every way imaginable I will keep them. Otherwise: Stax and/or customs.

soo, satisfied, dissatisfied? pics? sorry, kindof eager to hear opinions on this company

I think he was talking about the earsonics sm3's...I might actually try one sometime in the near future (custom IEM)

wups, my bad. I thought he was talking about the reshell

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #60 of 199
Looks interesting, had been thinking of going with fisher but the hassle/cost of getting an audiologist appointment kept putting me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back