halle berry at the oscars.. painful, but...
Mar 25, 2002 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
..man, she is easy on the eyes! plus she has the sexiest voice of any actress working today. where can i get some audio clips of her??
rolleyes.gif

do you think she went a little overboard in her speech? i was waiting for russel crowe to slap her!

Mar 25, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 64
???

I didn't watch the whole thing, what did she say? She is very purdy
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2002 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 64
She has a nice body, but I'm not really into her. Thee's the whole "hit and run" incident. Then there's the fact that in every movie I've ever seen with her in it, she (a) takes off her clothes and (b) can't act AT ALL. I didn't see Monster's Ball but I have absolutely no clue how she could pull off a "best actress"-worthy performance when every other time I've seen her she's been abysmally bad.

Mar 25, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
Dude she gets naked, what more do you want out of a hot actress?
confused.gif
This is entertainment, not an intellectual story book.

Hmm... I thought Oscars were supposed to recognize superlative performance in your craft. In this case since it is best actress I would have assumed that meant you were judged on your acting skill (or lack thereof). Personally I feel the Golden Globes and the SAG's are more the quality-of-craft awards and the oscars have become the political-point-of-the-day awards. Probably why they have been losing popularity on TV (and the fact they are long, long, long). Anyway IMO.

Mar 25, 2002 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 64
0012.JPG

yeah, she's got a nice body, but i could stare at her face and listen to her talk for hours, as long as she uses that soft, breathy voice of hers....
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

oh yeah, and i want to stick my face in her bosom and make motor boat noises.

Mar 25, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
No wonder no women come here.
rolleyes.gif

Mark, maybe a headphone internet forum isn't the best place to try to pick up chicks.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #9 of 64
I think award shows are ****ing lame. I couldn't care less about what the general public thinks about movies and actors/actresses, let alone the fact that these things are rigged.

Mar 25, 2002 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 64
a&m
i agree. backstage it was like a huge circle-jerk of celebs congradulating eachother on being sooo faaaabulous. still, it was worth it to see cameron diaz's nipples.

oh, and halle. i wish she would tuck me in at night and read me bedtime stories. in a latex maid uniform.

Mar 26, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter

oh yeah, and i want to stick my face in her bosom and make motor boat noises.

lol
biggrin.gif
broombroomsplutbroom!
cool.gif

nice to look at, but not because of the acting IMO

Mar 26, 2002 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 64
She has done some pretty bad movies, but there were a couple of good parts that did not get much notice. Notably, as the mother in "Losing Isaiah", and as the drug-addict in "Jungle Fever".

But yes, she will always be remembered as the beauty that sunbathes topless for Hugh Jackson or the one that got real busy with Billy-Bob Thorton. She really is too beautiful for words!

redshifter, you are too funny
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 12:23 AM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
oh, and halle. i wish she would tuck me in at night and read me bedtime stories. in a latex maid uniform.

LOL, i thought i was the only one that thought like this!
eek.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by RMSzero
She has a nice body, but I'm not really into her. Thee's the whole "hit and run" incident. Then there's the fact that in every movie I've ever seen with her in it, she (a) takes off her clothes and (b) can't act AT ALL. I didn't see Monster's Ball but I have absolutely no clue how she could pull off a "best actress"-worthy performance when every other time I've seen her she's been abysmally bad.

I guess you missed "The Dorothy Dandridge Story" which she won an award for about two years ago. And "abysmally bad" might be stretching things a bit. I thought she was good in "Do the Right Thing" and I liked her in "Boomerang" and "Bulworth". How many good roles do you think are available for women like her? How many directors are going to cast a gorgeous woman for a serious role?

On another note, could that award show be any more rigged? Let's see, Af-Ams for both Best Actor (first time in 74 years) the same night Sidney Poitier gets a Lifetime Award, Ron Howard wins for Best Director, and Randy Newman wins for Best Song after his 16th nomination. Not to say they weren't deserving, but come on Academy, who do you think you're fooling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back