Guys, K702 is coming. Be prepare.
Apr 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #76 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm, you got a point. so a bassy version of k701 coming?

"All you have to do, is dreeeeam"
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #77 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there's K241 (way back in the past i think) and K242. Also there K271S, K272HD.

interesting, was not aware of that. but was that because they're updated phones or completely different altogether? if it was a different model altogether my point still holds true

in my experience, which admittedly is limited, they would sooner make a change quietly or at worst add some initials at the end then re-name it completely.

where's Fitz?

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #78 of 156
Well, here's the news from the top:

Quote:

Thank you for contacting AKG!

The information you have got is wrong, the K701 will not be discontinued in the near future!

I don't know about cable colors or anything like that, but don't hold your breath too long.

Apr 10, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #79 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, here's the news from the top:

I don't know about cable colors or anything like that, but don't hold your breath too long.

I suppose it depends how long they reckon the near future is, a few weeks maybe a month or 2, at least they haven't said there will definately not be a k702, so there's still a slim chance of it being true
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #81 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how credible this information is.

Just looking at AKG's history of updating phones, they've never added a 1 to the end of the model number

They've always gone with the Mk2 or other designation such as "studio" or "monitor" or other while retaining the model numbering as is.

Doesn't anyone else find this odd? Not only that but the K701 is such a successful headphone for them and has only been on the market a relatively short time.

Not to knock headsonic, but Australians almost ALWAYS find out last.

Why is there no other announcement or news from other dealers or AKG themselves? AKG announced some model updates earlier this year, why wouldn't they have announced it then too?

These are all good and relevant points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose it depends how long they reckon the near future is, a few weeks maybe a month or 2, at least they haven't said there will definately not be a k702, so there's still a slim chance of it being true
biggrin.gif

I agree, the question was a bit 'loose' and needed pinpoint clarification. Company representatives almost always play word games. As you rightfully stated, 'the near future' could mean next week.

Apr 11, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #82 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there's K241 (way back in the past i think) and K242. Also there K271S, K272HD.

K241 came after K240 Sextett, and was changed to K240M, so you can say it is a prototype K240M. The original K242 is 100% same as K240 Sextett, but I believe was only sold in France.

Apr 11, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #83 of 156
The AKG way seems to be either to continue an older model (and make changes in drivers without announcing it), or announce a new headphone (usually with others). Changing the outside appearance or color just doesn't happen.

Maybe the right tack here is to nail the two resellers announcing the K702. From my contact with AKG, "near future" sounds more like years.

Apr 12, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #86 of 156
i was feeling as lucky as Al Bundy when i first read this thread, because i just bought K-701, and was sad to find out that K-702 are coming out very soon,
so i emailed AKG about it.
this is their reply:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting AKG.
The K 701 are our reference headphones and of course not discontinued.

Please find detailed information at following link to our website:

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #87 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was feeling as lucky as Al Bundy when i first read this thread, because i just bought K-701, and was sad to find out that K-702 are coming out very soon,
so i emailed AKG about it.
this is their reply:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting AKG.
The K 701 are our reference headphones and of course not discontinued.

Please find detailed information at following link to our website:

smily_headphones1.gif

Well, maybe they don't want you to know their real plans.
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #89 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Maybe they don't know their real plans.
rolleyes.gif

David

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #90 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Usually the case, companies won't really tell you their plans with their products. Just wait and see what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back