Guys, K702 is coming. Be prepare.
Sep 11, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #152 of 156
I am wondering about one thing: Do the cable makers get their pairs long before everybody else? I mean, SAA has the Equinox already made, but how would they know that their cable will be any better than the stock K702 cable? It could be totally different than what was on the K701, right? Please enlighten me. Is it a pure guess, after having made a cable for the K701?

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #153 of 156
HAHA... Saw this old thread and had to post a reply.

The AKG K702s have been out over a year, and priced roughly the same, but the K701s are still selling. It's been a while since the K701s have even been listed on the AKG pro website, but people are still buying them... On another thread, I think I'm seeing serial numbers for the K701s nearing the mid 40,000 mark.

Any thoughts about this? Rhetorically, do people just prefer white? Do people just prefer an attached cord? Is there just a huge supply of NOS that has to be exhausted that it's taking - years!?

hmmmm...........

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #155 of 156
They just designated one for studio use and one for home use; AKG does this with their other headphones as well, such as K271/K272. Here are the only notable differences between the two:

1) The colour, obviously
2) Replaceable cord for K702 opposed to hardwired K701
3) Eight headband bumps for K702 compared to seven for K701 (there are some K702 with reportedly 7 bumps but are very rare to find; may have been just the early production ones).
4) Density of the foam ring covering the driver

It's pretty much the same thing, and the choice usually comes down to aesthetics and personal preference. K701's do typically sell for bit cheaper though, both used and new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back