Guys, K702 is coming. Be prepare.
Apr 28, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #136 of 156
this thread is as almost as funny as is rediculous with speculation
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #138 of 156
[size=small]You guys really crack me up
rolleyes.gif
[/size]

[size=small]1)[/size] [size=small]AKG is part of the Harmon group. Their financial results are easily available in their Annual Report. There are a couple of Harmon brands that do poorly enough to possibly go away but AKG isn’t one of them.[/size]
[size=small]2)[/size] [size=small]A shortage of 701’s? I haven’t checked into this (I already have my set), but what I can tell you is that AKG USA is currently culling dealers that have been ignoring their pricing (MAP) policy. This is probably why dealers who until recently were selling 701’s at massive discounts no longer have inventory to sell (They’ve been cut off).[/size]

[size=small]Rule of thumb: If you read about it in an on-line forum the info by definition is extremely dubious, including this post. [/size]

[size=small]So why am I posting? Because there might be a few of you that remember when the 701’s were first released. I was sent a pair from AKG so that I could bring it to the NY meet and start the exposure early (Tyll also had an early set at the meet). So someone might remember that I really do have a connection at AKG.[/size]

[size=small]Still, all of the rumors are sort of fun. How many threads have been devoted to a mythical HD-700 or 800?[/size]

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #139 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG is part of the Harmon group. Their financial results are easily available in their Annual Report.

Incorrect. Harmon reports consolidated revenue and expenses, and it is impossible to deduce the individual performance of its brands from the annual report. Look for yourself.
Quote:

There are a couple of Harmon brands that do poorly enough to possibly go away but AKG isn’t one of them.

I did mean prior to the takeover by Harmon in 1994. Recent was a poor choice of word. There is strong brand recognition in the professional market, but a complete failure to capitalise on the iPod generation leaves me wondering, especially given downward pricing pressure that AKG is ill-equipped to deal with (I believe the vast majority of their mid-range products are still made in Europe). I'd love to see any sort of statistics from your friend, or any source at all.

Quote:

A shortage of 701’s? I haven’t checked into this (I already have my set), but what I can tell you is that AKG USA is currently culling dealers that have been ignoring their pricing (MAP) policy. This is probably why dealers who until recently were selling 701’s at massive discounts no longer have inventory to sell (They’ve been cut off).

I buy from 3 major distributors, not a dealer. Plenty of other AKG products are available to me, but the K701's are sold out from all 3 sources.

Anyway, I always said that I was speculating, and never claimed anything but. The rumor mill will continue to grind, regardless of the quality of the wheat.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #145 of 156
Whether or not this rumor holds any water owners of the K701s should not rush to sell their old headphones for the newer model. If the (rumored) k702s really do come out, they will more than likely be an evolutionary improvement over the K701s not a radical step ahead. If they were that different, AKG would have given them a different desgination.

So whether or not that justifies selling and buying anew is, of course, up to the individual.

Just my (adjusted for inflation) $2.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #146 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. AKG is going backwards.. Why not make a 340 SE..

Because it would cost too much to produce them, they would have to make the MSRP too high, and nobody would buy them.
frown.gif

...well, except a bunch of people on head-fi of course.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #148 of 156
That is good news
normal_smile .gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #149 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K 702 or K702 just arrived. Will let you know if they sound any different. They are definetly sexier looking that is for sure. Will post some pics soon.

thanks and let me know if you can do split on this(semi-joking)

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #150 of 156
They just arrived in the shop. So don't know much, will break them open tonight to see if the drivers are the same as the K 701. It will take about 300 hrs of burn in for me to tell you weather they are better than the K 701. If they have new drivers. But from a cosmetic approach, so much better than the boring white..... We will be offering hardwire Split mod once I have the parts to do so.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back