GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Jun 24, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #2,536 of 5,554
Totally agree with you stuartmc this is all very gear dependent and personal taste too. I'm thinking that if my 560's weren't wearing Focus-A pads their 10Khz treble spike may prove to be overbearing with this 4562/797 combo.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #2,538 of 5,554
Totally agree with you stuartmc this is all very gear dependent and personal taste too. I'm thinking that if my 560's weren't wearing Focus-A pads their 10Khz treble spike may prove to be overbearing with this 4562/797 combo.

I suspect that it may be a little too revealing for some. I'm running greatly modified 560's that seem to have much less of that frequency bump. I have also gone to obsessive lengths in reducing emi/rfi and associated high frequency grunge. That was done with power conditioning, power cords, shakti stones, yamamura sleeves and a whole lot of 3M AB5100s inside each component cabinet. Then there was resonance cabinet tuning with custom carbon feet applied with constrained layer damping. I must be channeling Enid Lumley, for heavens sake, lol. Anywho, my system can now handle all the resolution I can throw at it without sounding harsh or grainy. That is of course with very good recordings....crap still sounds very much like crap.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #2,541 of 5,554
I suspect that it may be a little too revealing for some. I'm running greatly modified 560's that seem to have much less of that frequency bump. I have also gone to obsessive lengths in reducing emi/rfi and associated high frequency grunge. That was done with power conditioning, power cords, shakti stones, yamamura sleeves and a whole lot of 3M AB5100s inside each component cabinet. Then there was resonance cabinet tuning with custom carbon feet applied with constrained layer damping. I must be channeling Enid Lumley, for heavens sake, lol. Anywho, my system can now handle all the resolution I can throw at it without sounding harsh or grainy. That is of course with very good recordings....crap still sounds very much like crap.

Enid said to say hello!!!!
Hello captain how are you? Well I hope, as all is well down here in Oz. Greetings, Swabbie Swannie.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #2,543 of 5,554

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #2,544 of 5,554

Enid said to say hello!!!!
Hello captain how are you? Well I hope, as all is well down here in Oz. Greetings, Swabbie Swannie.

Hey there,

I don't suppose you've heard the V200 before, have you? I haven't heard the Gustard H10 before. Could I interest you in a swapping demo for a week or two?

Do this. Seems like excellent opportunity to compare these amps.

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #2,546 of 5,554
Interesting bit of info, I just dropped by at Gustard and asked why is the power cord supplied with H10 is so bad. They told me that it doesn't even ship with one, so the power cord you got would be one that the reseller packaged with it. I guess that's why some people think it's terrible while others think it's fine - it's not the same cord.

Other interesting Gustard stuff in the general Gustard thread.

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #2,550 of 5,554

Stu with your extensive exp. in the field, is there any reason that the H10 cannot get a panel mount XLR at the front added on ?
Since I assume it is true balanced end-to-end and then for some reason they went with TRS output..

I'd love to hear if anyone has modded this yet too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back