GREAT!T1 PK HD800 PK PS1000 !NOTICE
Mar 24, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #16 of 33
Actually that's what I used to believe.

But I cannot explain the differences on different fits. e.g. Corda & Grado -> bad fit; Corda & Sennheiser -> much better fit just like it is designed for; m902 & Grado -> wonderful etc.. The difference is very substantial from my lengthy auditions. I have to admit the fit is an issue, therefore the most valuable info we can get from the comparison may be just whether there is a good fit between op's system and those phones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go ahead and imagine my friend, for it is so! Seriously, if a solid-state amp can't handle the entire 32-600ohm range, it's not worth buying. I'm assuming that the op's system is the product of previous comparisons and more than holds its own.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #17 of 33
Your opinion may differ from that of the engineer responsible for coming up with the amps, not to mention the opinions of other listeners. Reports of amp/phone relationships are inconsistent and likely (though not absolutely) due to chance.

I'm sure you'll agree that through repeated listening on multiple systems a headphone's acoustic presentation is laid bare. To get any use out of someone's subjective comparison of headphones you have to suspend disbelief and think of the rest of the gear as simply a black box that makes sound. And when you think of amp design, that's the point - the amplification must be transparent and fit the widest range of transducers. The aesthetic of system "synergy" and so forth is a product of the imagination. You can get a neutral result or degradation of the signal through distortion. Acoustics studies have shown that people are very sensitive to distortion and find smooth, balanced, i.e. neutral sound to be most pleasing.

I haven't heard a truly neutral Grado yet (& I've listened to the old Joseph Grado models), so I'm inclined to agree with his findings. There's a time and a place for Grados, it's just that both the T1 and HD800 accommodate a wider range of times and places
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #18 of 33
ATHFAN铁三角饭! Always good to see what you are up to. I hope you are having a joyful time.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATHFAN铁三角饭 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are absolutely two HP,I will wirte article about them,please just wait
to tell you easilly PS1 like GERMANY sound THEN PS1000 like american sound
because PS1 is only specilly made for german Professional use!At first ONLY FOR German,but for the strong request of american ,grado make a little amount for american .So the PS1 has so high performance in sound quality,and the made of it is far more rigorous than ps1000,I can tell you PS1000 use glue for fixing Diaphragm,but PS1 use Screw to fixing the diaphragm!like ORPHEUS HE90!so great! so nice work of PS1!

So,,, what can screw and glue tell?

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #22 of 33
thank you ATHFAN for you pictures and comments, I also wait for your further review.
If I were to decide betwwen the three based on reviews mostly,I will probebly go for the T1. from what I read the supposed to have more "fun" factor to them because of the more impactful bass response?

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #23 of 33
ATHFAN: Thanks for letting us know about the review, I look forward to it. I agree with you about the cable on the HD-800, even though it's controversial.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #24 of 33
How much does your setup (Amplifier, DAC, CD players, etc.) and headphone cost all together???

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much does your setup (Amplifier, DAC, CD players, etc.) and headphone cost all together???

Go and ask a woman how much they weigh, and get back to me with their response.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go and ask a woman how much they weigh, and get back to me with their response.

this is a different subject isnt it? cost of systems is not meant to be hidden like weight..

anyway, this is a nice thread to be tracked =)

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by stokitw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a problem though. Although it is nice and scientific to compare all three phones on one system, the comparison itself would be less fruitful because of the fit between phones and the system. Basically I won't imagine that one system can handle 32ohms, 300ohms, and 600ohms phones eqaully well..

CORRECT. Could not try out all amps . But out of a dozen amps I did try with HD 800 and Grado RS1i IMHO it was only violectric v100 or v200 from Lake People capable of doing the job properly.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATHFAN铁三角饭 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MY JOB IS TO TRADE WITH AMERICAN ,OUR COMPANY IS ONE OF LARGEST AGENTS OF DUPONT IN SHANGHAI.

Congrats man.. Must be one hell'uva job..
beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your opinion may differ from that of the engineer responsible for coming up with the amps, not to mention the opinions of other listeners. Reports of amp/phone relationships are inconsistent and likely (though not absolutely) due to chance.

I'm sure you'll agree that through repeated listening on multiple systems a headphone's acoustic presentation is laid bare. To get any use out of someone's subjective comparison of headphones you have to suspend disbelief and think of the rest of the gear as simply a black box that makes sound. And when you think of amp design, that's the point - the amplification must be transparent and fit the widest range of transducers. The aesthetic of system "synergy" and so forth is a product of the imagination. You can get a neutral result or degradation of the signal through distortion. Acoustics studies have shown that people are very sensitive to distortion and find smooth, balanced, i.e. neutral sound to be most pleasing.

I haven't heard a truly neutral Grado yet (& I've listened to the old Joseph Grado models), so I'm inclined to agree with his findings. There's a time and a place for Grados, it's just that both the T1 and HD800 accommodate a wider range of times and places
wink.gif

So the HP/1/2 are not Neutral to you? What is truly Neutral to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back