Gran Turismo 4 - wOOt!!
Feb 26, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #31 of 175
Any set strategies out for the best muscle car to start winning races with yet? I loaded my gt3 save, so I have 110,000 to start with.

Feb 26, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #32 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
nurburgring is UN_LEARNABLE!!!
tongue.gif

Walter Rohrl would disagree.
tongue.gif

~KS

Feb 26, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #33 of 175
OK i hope this is not spoiling.

Good luck with Nurburgring!

Hey GSferrari are you ready for 3, real 24 hours endurance race.
icon10.gif

No kidding they're mad, you have 2 version of "Les 24 heures du Mans" aka Circuit de la Sarthe, plus the 24H of Nurburgring...YES!

I had the Japanese version a few weeks ago, but i sold it in fact, i got bored after 3 weeks. Unlike GT3, i found the flow of the gran turismo mode in GT4 not very good, there's too many small races with crappy car and when you hit the Endurance races it's just mad, like 8 hours, 9 hours races!!! 24H...my god i dunno if you have to congratulate or feel sorry for the guy who gonna make it 100%. Anyway congrats for the guy who finish the Mission mode, that is quickly really hard.

OTOH the physic engine, the way you feel the road is amazing.
I'm waiting the online version next years...
icon10.gif

Also the B-spec mode suck IMO, no fun to watch a race, too much easy.
I hope you're driving with manual transmission...
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #35 of 175
I passed the IA license, got the skyline prize, spent 45 or 50k modding it to be pretty high performance. Not sure if this was the best choice, but it made me be able to avoid doing any B level races.

Feb 26, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #36 of 175
There is a Logitech steering wheel that is like $150 and it is a force feedback model. It has true 2 1/2 turn lock to lock. Its 900 degree. Like a real car. Its so worth the 150. Its the only way to play GT4. I have been using it for about a month with N4S Underground 2, it supports the 900 degree steering. But now that GT4's here its time to put that one aside.

Feb 27, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #40 of 175
[size=medium]I NEED HELP ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!![/size]

I just took a cab to and from J & R to rush and get my GT4 before they closed today. I get back home, load the disc, and my PS2 is not behaving again. It doesn't seem to be reading the disc. It's stuck on that screen that says Browser/System Configuration.

Somebody please help me. I need a quick fix and I need it now !!!! I was planning on playing this game all night.

ANYBODY !!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 27, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #42 of 175
Yeah, so far the way I'm doing it seems to be very fast. I loaded my GT3 save, got the 100+10k, got all the licenses, used the 93' skyline from the IA test, modded it with everything that adds horsepower and lightweight stage 1. I used this to pass the turbo races in the professional league. Then I modded the car you get from that race with turbo 4 to beat the Japanese Championship (the one that you need an A level license for). From this you get the Nisan Z series concept race car, I modded this with turbo 4, and then owned everything that this is allowed to participate in, including the Japanese GT Championship. Of course, you need more cars to beat the other country's races, but getting the Nissan race car helps you get enough cash for this to be pretty easy.

Feb 27, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #43 of 175
I'm using a DFP wheel on my 92" screen, and let me tell you, IA-15 is kind of scary. (This is not a picture of that however)
DSC00211.jpg

Before i go, is the arcade mode in GT4 the same as in GT3, ie you get the new courses once your have completed all of the tracks in 1 of the 4 groups(World circuits, Original Circuits, City Course, and Dirt &snow:forwards and reverse of each track). Or do i need to beat each course from ALL 4 sections to get new maps. Im still trying to finish off my S licence before i go after courses and cars, but I want to get courses for 2P.

??

Feb 28, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #45 of 175
Yall are much faster than me... I dont have any GT3 data saved, so I'm nice and poor, but i've beat all of the Beginner series.. time to start on proffesional.

any reccomendations for a car to do the pro series with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back