Gran Turismo 4 - wOOt!!
Feb 26, 2005 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 175

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
Just got this game and boy oh boy it is TOTALLY worth the $50.00 that I had to plonk on the table!!
basshead.gif

I am completely immersed in the B-Spec mode!! Managing a driver through a race is actually quite interesting...

Well made game and a definitive upgrade in graphics, physics and overall appeal...

Anyone else have their impressions?

Back to my PS2
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #6 of 175
Yeah, I was going to make a thread to rant about how great this game is. I have no idea what b-spec mode is, but this is a very good game. The one thing I like is that it feels more like real driving, in that you feel like you're actually going fast, and also I think they've made the balance more realistic. New cars rock, new tracks rock, new everything rocks. My absolute favorite PS2 game. Buy it!

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 175
OMG!!! I just took the new Ford 'Stang around the old Nurburgring (Nordschliefe SP??) and the physics tweaks really show through!! When you brake you can feel the bias adjustments via visual cues and you can actually feel the rear giving way into a spin!! Also the bumps on the track throw the car around at high speeds and some of the corners are really high speed - one line only - corners!! If you are side by side with a car through these corners...END OF STORY!! If you dont hit the brakes while you are FLAT OUT through certain corners - JUST to stabilize the car and absord the bumps in the track - you will lose it mid corner!!

This is very realistic for a PS2 sim....physics are better than many of the PC F1 sims that I play...

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 175
Sorta makes me wish I hadn't sold my PS2, but oh well...it was crapping out anyway (stopped reading the blue-bottomed discs). I'm not gonna go out and spend another $150 just to be able to play GT4, though...perhaps when they come down to $99 I'll pick one up along with GT4 and Twisted Metal: Black (the other reason I miss my PS2).

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #10 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
This is very realistic for a PS2 sim....physics are better than many of the PC F1 sims that I play...

Have they STILL left out damage modeling? That's one thing that GT3 needed badly. The physics were awesome, but when you ram a car or wall at 120 mph and there are no cosmetic or performance penalties incurred, it feels FAR less realistic IMO.

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 175
I wish I had a PS2... anyway, I play Colin Mcrae 2005 on the PC with my trusty logitech gamepad (no space for a wheel). Also for some mindless racing nothing beats Need for Speed underground.

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #12 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
Sorta makes me wish I hadn't sold my PS2, but oh well...it was crapping out anyway (stopped reading the blue-bottomed discs). I'm not gonna go out and spend another $150 just to be able to play GT4, though...perhaps when they come down to $99 I'll pick one up along with GT4 and Twisted Metal: Black (the other reason I miss my PS2).

Get a used one, they're like $100.

Feb 26, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 175
I've read a lot of people were having issues playing it on earlier model PS2s. I have a first gen I'm playing it on now without any issues other than the bug that everyones having with the scan lines acting up every now and then.

Also just curious, does anyone know what A-spec points are good for, no one seems to know
confused.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #15 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Get a used one, they're like $100.

I think I'll just wait for the prices to come down on new ones. There are too many used ones out there that may have problems...I don't like the fact that you don't know the history of the console, whether it has been abused, etc.

I certainly wouldn't mind having a modded PS2, though. But my modded `Box is fine company for now, plus with school + work + girlfriend I don't have as much time to play games...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back