Gran Turismo 4 - wOOt!!
Mar 31, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #166 of 175
Ok I finished that and the Le Mans track test also...got the IA.

The S license is pretty inconsistent dont you think? The first test is a joke...the one with the SALEEN on the "CLUBMAN" ? or something track - pretty hard...that car corners like an elephant on skates
plainface.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #167 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Ok I finished that and the Le Mans track test also...got the IA.

The S license is pretty inconsistent dont you think? The first test is a joke...the one with the SALEEN on the "CLUBMAN" ? or something track - pretty hard...that car corners like an elephant on skates
plainface.gif

I thought the exact same thing.

GT3 was like that as well. The S class test I HATED in GT3 was the second to last one, before the toyota GT. I forget the car, but it was some heavy beast of a car with all traction turned off. IN THE RAIN. I usually turn that stuff low and all steering assist off, anyway, but it would be welcome on a 5000 lb car driving on a wet street.

The Saleen was tricky, I think it was probably one of the harder tests period. Except for that one rally one, that I had to use the Initial D gutter trick on to get gold. Ooof.

Anyway, if I recall, the Saleen was just about balls out. I remember taking the corners way sloppy just to line up for the maximum exit straight possible. It seemed to work better than actually trying to coax that chassis around at higher speeds and expect it to not understeer. I remember braking early and hard, overturning the apex on tight curves and just putting the pedal to the metal on the way out. The sweepers just hug the inside and keep on a moderate throttle.

I also recall with getting the gold demo times on each part, except the last 2 or 3 turns and getting REALLY frusterated since it took a few minutes just to GET to that point to be able to practice it. I wanted to throw my wheel several times.

But it felt damn good to finally beat it
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #168 of 175
I was dreading the Ring chase car test, figuring I would have to do it a lot and waste a lot of time doing it, but I just focused on the dude's brake lights the whole time and got bronze the first time around.

I finally won a few races on the Opel Challenge. I bought a non turbo version and put a stage 3 turbo on soft tires and other things and beat them by 4 or 5 seconds in Grand Valley and Seattle. I think I can beat them in Sazuka also, but I keep screwing up corners. I tried b-specing Autumn Ring and wound up 6th
rolleyes.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #170 of 175
Jeez, I finally got the 350z LM car. Why does this car handle so well? It's not fair.

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #171 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
I finally won a few races on the Opel Challenge. I bought a non turbo version and put a stage 3 turbo on soft tires and other things and beat them by 4 or 5 seconds in Grand Valley and Seattle. I think I can beat them in Sazuka also, but I keep screwing up corners. I tried b-specing Autumn Ring and wound up 6th
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, you can't trust B-Spec what it comes to races like this, they'll fly into the dirt occasionally and loose whatever hope they had of winning
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #173 of 175
Ok...the Logitech Driving Force Pro is a *must have* accessory for this game...I am still staring open mouthed at the screen while I execute some of the sweetest out-in-out late apex turns!!

This wheel makes it REAL...

get it if you are thinking about it...brilliant!

May 6, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #174 of 175
Yes I also recommend the Logitech Driving Force... it is a solid wheel.

On an unrelated note:

Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza Forza

May 6, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #175 of 175
I didnt really dig Forza. What do you think of it? Graphics were unrealistic and the tracks were inaccurate as far as I could tell. I have driven Laguna Seca in anger and the GT4 tracks is closer to real than the FM version...

The X-Box controller is a LOT more "Racing Sim" friendly than the PS2 controller...I might pick up an X-Box just for this purpose today
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back