Gran Turismo 4 - wOOt!!
Feb 26, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #17 of 175
The new graphics and physics are amazing. Laguna Seca is really nice. I was disappointed in the dark Laguna Seca in GT3. I am not using a steering wheel, so the steering seems a lot different in GT4. It is not as fluid, it seems there are "steps" in the different angles. Yeah the shaky lines are a little annoying and the autosave sucks, but I am quite happy with it.

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #18 of 175
I just tried it without the steering wheel and you are right about the "digital" steering...but the analog stick is too "vague"

Back to the steering wheel
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #19 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Yeah...I noticed the screen getting weird once in a while. Is this the scan line problem you are talking about?
I thought my TV was crapping up
tongue.gif
Or that the PS2 was overheating...

Yeah that's what I thought at first too but after reading around it seems that everyone is having the problem. This guy @ Gamefaqs looked into it and evidently GT4 uses a special type of rendering (rarely used) that doesn't use as much CPU power as normal rendering but when processing is high and the framerate drops then the scan lines temporarily go out of sync.

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #20 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I just tried it without the steering wheel and you are right about the "digital" steering...but the analog stick is too "vague"

Back to the steering wheel
tongue.gif

I'm not a big fan of the steering wheel feel, I had that Logitech force feedback one when GT3 came out and it got used all of two times. I picked up GT4 at toys R us and they were offering some steering wheel for $10 when you bought it with the game. The guy couldn't believe I didn't want it at that price
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #21 of 175
The only wheel worth getting for GT4 is the Logitech Driving Force Pro.
biggrin.gif

I don't have the game yet. Will get it this weekend, but I'm definitely looking forward to it (wonder when I'll get to Xenosaga Ep. II...).

~KS

Feb 26, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #22 of 175
What's everyone driving around in and what did you start with? I only have put a few hours in so far but I have a decent 4WD Volkwagon GTI mkII with 532 ponies and all the goods. I started out with an old school FR Skyline that did the job.

And what are those dumb A-spec points for, anyone figured it out yet?
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #23 of 175
Wow man you are already getting into the game...I am still trying out all the different cars on all the different tracks.

Did you try the Nurburgring!! That is one helluva long track and its been pretty accurately done...even the surfacing and bumps and stuff...pretty impressive!!

I cant get enough of this game...its been an all nighter
tongue.gif
LOL

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #24 of 175
I'm just getting into the B-Spec mode, at first I couldn't really figure out how to work it but it seems like an easy way to quickly make money. Most tracks you can just set it to push and overtake and set the time to 3x and the car will do it.

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #25 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
I'm just getting into the B-Spec mode, at first I couldn't really figure out how to work it but it seems like an easy way to quickly make money. Most tracks you can just set it to push and overtake and set the time to 3x and the car will do it.

Try it at a high difficulty though and it gets interesting...

I want to try this on an endurance race where tire wear, fuel loads etc. become critical.

Back to more gaming after a few hours of sleep
tongue.gif
LOL

Feb 26, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #27 of 175
i am so pissed i dont havet he game yet. I preordered this thing last year, and now i'm waiting for the damn USPS people to get that stupid game here.

What!!@#!@#

damnit : /

Feb 26, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #28 of 175
I pre-ordered the game through EB Games and got it on Wednesday. I probably paid more than you, and I had to deal with the salesman trying to sell me a steering wheel, but I have gotten 4 more days of enjoyment out of it
smily_headphones1.gif

I started out with a $13K used Silvia and tuned it a little bit and used that until I won the Nismo 400R and then I used that guy to win a few races including a 350Z LM race car.

I don't like the fact that the game saves, everytime you switch cars. I bought a few cars, just to see if I liked them and then turned the game off, when I didn't like them and low and behold, the POS's were still there when I turned the game back on.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #29 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
i am so pissed i dont havet he game yet. I preordered this thing last year, and now i'm waiting for the damn USPS people to get that stupid game here.

What!!@#!@#

damnit : /

Well worth the wait...there are so many layers to this game..unlike the previous version...

I am taking it slow...learning all the tracks available first (nurburgring is UN_LEARNABLE!!!
tongue.gif
) and driving all the cars before I get into the GT mode...

Feb 26, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #30 of 175
i still hate that the maxima (at any generation), the best selling nissan ever, is not in the game!

I would love to play with the 5.5 gen maxima (my car!!) hehe...

I'll wait, but the more i wait, the more im gonna huff and puff.

LOUD NOISES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back