Gran Turismo 4 - wOOt!!
Feb 28, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #47 of 175
Finally got around to getting the game. All I've done so far is race on the Nurburgring a few times in Arcade Mode (haven't won a single time :|), and doing license tests. In every GT game to date, the first thing I've done in the "simulation" mode is get all golds on the B-License, and I'm planning to do the same for GT4. So far have got 6 golds (the easy ones)...

And I need to find $150 for the Driving Force Pro.
tongue.gif

~KS

Feb 28, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #48 of 175
I'm working on beating the dream car thing. I've beaten all other professional and about half of the beginner races. I like the Nissan Z concept race car as well. I'm trying to beat the Dream Car thing with only a $190,000 modded up Mercedes... Considering I'm going up against a VW race car, that crazy Cadillac, that $650,000 Mercedes (which rocks btw), etc, it's not the easiest thing on earth. Mostly because the mercedes sucks at braking and cornering once you mod it up. Plus I'm strapped for cash so I can't get all the parts needed to tune it properly.

Feb 28, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #49 of 175
I never thought I would complain about this...

TOO MANY FREAKIN CARS
eggosmile.gif
mad.gif
LOL

I am driving them all one after the other through Nurburgring to get a feel for them. Some are simply awesome and some are not worth getting into even in the virtual world...

BTW - if any of you are driving without a steering wheel - Mucho Respetto (or however you say it).

I tried playing with the PS2 controller and it was next to impossible to stay on track on a sensible racing line. The controls are too...digital...and the analog stick is too ... vague...

Kudos to you "NO-Steering-Wheel" guys!!
basshead.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #50 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
And I need to find $150 for the Driving Force Pro.
tongue.gif

~KS

Just win a few more races and you'll have that money in no time
biggrin.gif

I've been using the digital pad, I've never really cared for the analog stick placement on the PS2 controller. So here comes a corner ::hold...tap tap tap::
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #51 of 175
I have no problems with the controller. I've played so much GT3 and GT4 with it, that I think I wouldn't be better with a steering wheel. For reference of my skill with a controller, I was able to easily beat the F1 race at the end, first try, gold every single race by a good margain.

Feb 28, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #52 of 175
I found it easier to play GT3 with the stock controller...the steering had a more progressive feel...here it is tooooo ON-OFF...centering is too fast. I have to see if this setting can be tweaked.

Has anyone noticed the ABUNDANT options in GT4...fantastic!!

BTW - the faster cars are a BLAST around the 'ring. El Capitan (SP?) is an AWESOME track with fast sweeping curves...

Love this game...nuff said - back to GT4
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #54 of 175
Well it's just different than GT3. GT4 is definately do-able with a controller once you get used to it.

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #56 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
just got it and cant seem to stop playing. now i have something else to do other than browsing Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

U can always run B-spec mode while you check out head-fi, kill two addictions at the same time
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #57 of 175
Holy Crap!
I just won the 350Z race car.....
ugggggg......virtual orgasm!!!!!!!!

soooo nice!!

Edit: The car pushes over 2 lateral g's and remains straight as a missile
How can I get a better car than this??

Mar 1, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #59 of 175
Ohh Crap
I just won another 350Z
this time its the OPTION car.....
which one is better???

Edit: Holy **** 750hp omgwtfbbq.....can this thing even turn....
well back to the game to find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back