Graham Slee Solo SRG versus Solo SRGII
May 17, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #61 of 69
Congrats wakeride74, the Solo SRGII is a very nice sounding amp (as you know). IMO it needs between 500 and 600 hours of burn in, yes it is a lot but if you have an stereo FM tuner easy to do. Cheers and enjoy your new toy.

May 17, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #62 of 69

Quote:
... was surprised how very true the comments were about leaving it on. I did notice that if I left it on at home overnight I could unplug it and take it to work (powered off for about an hour) and it would take only about 30-45 min to get back to sounding as it did.

It lets the electrons flow more freely. 
wink.gif

May 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #64 of 69
May 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #65 of 69
Got my SRG II on Friday... way fast shipping, very impressed! Graham mailed it Tues, got it Friday around lunch, listened to it at work for a few hours and then had it burning it at home from around 5 Friday until this morning. I know it requires a lot of burnin but it is not sounding all that far off from what I remember with the loaner I had. Mine sounds a little less open with a little less texture and definition but it is not a substantial difference.

Also picked up a uDac since my V-Dac is mostly for my speaker rig and am very impressed with it. Just listening to some tracks on Pandora One so nothing too amazing but for $99 this thing rocks... decent synergy with the SRG II as well!

May 24, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #66 of 69
Glad you received the amp, do keep burning it in (500-600 hours). BTW, did you the PSU1 or the switching PSU? Mine is back from dw6928 and I really missed it, but you know what I am talking about.
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #68 of 69
Although I liked the EF5 a lot I personally prefer the SRGII, not only with the K701 but with the HE5 as well. Others who have tried the combo have agreed. However the EF5 is a very good deal and one which allows tweaking of the sound by swapping valves. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back