Grado sound, Bose comfort and Ultrasone S-Logic surround and EMF shielding to reduce 98% of emmissions. Does it exist ?
Nov 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 108

ilia7777

Head-Fier
The EMF field that my Grado SR 225 producing makes my ears tired. It almost looks like that in such saturated market there is an opportunity for new headphone. The one thay will have Bose comfort, Grado sound and Ultrasone's S Logic surround and EMF shielding that blocks 98% of emmisions. Ultrasone almost got it, but their full size models are too big and not super comfortable and their iCans are not getting good reviews.

Is there such a thing already ?

Here is what I'm looking for: I want it to be super comfortable, I don't want it to make my ears tired and I want it to sound like Grado at very least. I don't want them to be full size at home I can use my Ultrasone or Grado, now I want something for my iphone ipod. I own iGrado, they sound great, but I wouldn't rate them high for comfort and regarding the looks I don't want to say anything not to offend such old a reputable company. I owned some $200 Sennheiser before, but I found them unremarkable with regards to sound and quite uncomfortable, again may be I went with the wrong model.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 108
first off "emf field" is redundant....

second...the emf is making your ears tired? 

I think you're mistaking a debatable health concern with the feeling you get from listening to a headphone brand known to be very fatiguing to all but a few sets of ears......

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 108

Thats a possibility.
Quote:
first off "emf field" is redundant....

second...the emf is making your ears tired? 

I think you're mistaking a debatable health concern with the feeling you get from listening to a headphone brand known to be very fatiguing to all but a few sets of ears......

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 108
Well I hope some of the manufacturers are reading this, if they are not reading this forum I don't know what they are reading. I guess this is the nature of headphones all of them make you tired after a while and there is no perfect one. I suppose this is the nature of the beast. I prefer loudspeakers to be honest and this is why I spent $3200 to get good sound in my car. But when I'm at work, travelling or exercising I have no choice.
There is an interesting review for Philips SHP5400 http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/323535/sometimes-cans-suprise-you-philips-shp5400
This guy is saying that these outpeform Grado SR-60, so I assume these would be better than iGrado as well. They are really cheap, so I'll probably get them just out of curiosity. If I don't like them I will have an open can to put my iGrado drivers in :)
But I would prefer good closed ones if I could find the one I will be happy with, cause they isolate so much better.

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 108
And regarding redundant EMF field as some "smart" guys put it above, if it was redunadant Ultrasone would not try to address the issue :) You need a powerful magnet for good bass and that would create strong magnetic field. In the same review of Philips headphones this guy is saying that Grado also make him tired, so I'm not the only one.

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 108

Quote:
Well I hope some of the manufacturers are reading this, if they are not reading this forum I don't know what they are reading. I guess this is the nature of headphones all of them make you tired after a while and there is no perfect one. I suppose this is the nature of the beast. I prefer loudspeakers to be honest and this is why I spent $3200 to get good sound in my car. But when I'm at work, travelling or exercising I have no choice.
There is an interesting review for Philips SHP5400 http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/323535/sometimes-cans-suprise-you-philips-shp5400
This guy is saying that these outpeform Grado SR-60, so I assume these would be better than iGrado as well. They are really cheap, so I'll probably get them just out of curiosity. If I don't like them I will have an open can to put my iGrado drivers in :)
But I would prefer good closed ones if I could find the one I will be happy with, cause they isolate so much better.

I am sure that they are reading this forum for general input, but they aren't taking the random advice of someone who believes an "EMF field" (an electro-magnetic field field?) is exhausting his ears.  You clearly do not understand the basic physics behind sound OR electricity, so why would a company that hires engineers take advice off of this forum? (For that matter, your English isn't the best either, because your grammar and syntax are as tiring to me as your headphones must be to you).  It is actually either Grado's ergonomics or sound that is tiring to you.  Please don't go blaming physics for a headphones' shortcomings, or make outlandish uneducated claims.  I tend to agree with serious7 that you are a troll.

There are MANY headphones that don't tire your ears.  I can actually listen to my Ultrasone Pro 650 all day long with no comfort issues, except I could understand how velour pads would improve the sweat factor.  The models above mine, with velour factory pads, I bet are effortless.  I can say the same of various Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, and Beyerdynamic headphones with which I've had extensive time.  Why don't you try expanding your horizons a bit before complaining or making uneducated engineering decisions for the audio pros?

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #12 of 108
What about IEMs?

Actually, I would recommend checking out Koss KSC-75s. Even if you happen to not like them, you're only out $15 or so.

I would echo the sentiments about it being the Grado sound signature and not EMF that is causing your fatigue.

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #13 of 108
Shnitz, on every forum there is a guy that considers himself smarter than everybody else. I suppose you are one of these guys. Sorry my english is not pleasing you, its my third language actually, I would like to see you writing in another language as good as I do in english :) Regarding EMF, its not a conincedence that your Ultrasone doesn't make you tired because it blocks 98% of EMF, I have same expereince with my HFI 780. Strong magnets do produce strong electromagnetic field, same thing happens when you talk on your cellphone for hours, your ears are getting hot because of strong electromagnetic field cause my wireless transmitter in your cellphone.

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #14 of 108
darkwordsman17 I will definetely get myself a pair of IEM, I have decided which yet, may be koss.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #15 of 108
I hate to make my first post on this forum to be on of aggression but honestly, this thread is so full of stupid.

First of all, EMF has NOTHING to do with your ears getting hot on a cellphone, that is your battery getting hot from use.

Second, the reason for blocking the EM field is to prevent interference with other electronics.  Magnets when moved past wires induce a current which will interfere with operations of the device.

Third, permanent magnets alone don't cause an EM field, they produce a B field (purely magnetic). An EM field is a combination of both the E field and B field.  An E field (Electric field) is produced by anything that has a charge (more electrons than it is suppose to).  When the headphones are on they use coils of wire to produce an EM field that drives the magnet back and forth but when they are off the magnet only produces a B field.

Finally, you will NEVER feel the effects of the EM field from your headphones.  It has no noticeable effect on your body, please don't try and make it seem like you know ANYTHING about physics as this is high school level stuff (grade 9).  Furthermore saying EMF field is a common mistake and having not posted where you are from we had know possible way of knowing that English was your third language.  The mistake is like someone saying "nu-cu-ler" instead of "nu-clee-er", it just makes you look stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back