Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,231 of 2,110
I don’t remember a lot of people talking about pad shallowness or depth. I guess I missed all that. The only post with real info on the pads (that I remember) was from Grado77 here in this thread who had pics and he said the inside diameter of the RS1e pad was larger to go around the raised plastic 46mm ring.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/444439/grado-rs1i-appreciation-thread/1080#post_10587238

But that could be the same pad and just they just stretched it to go around the ring. it’s super thin foam, after all. and it’s not like it has to stretch a whole lot anyway.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #1,232 of 2,110
And to un stretch it, just wash them!

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,238 of 2,110
I don’t remember a lot of people talking about pad shallowness or depth. I guess I missed all that. The only post with real info on the pads (that I remember) was from Grado77 here in this thread who had pics and he said the inside diameter of the RS1e pad was larger to go around the raised plastic 46mm ring.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/444439/grado-rs1i-appreciation-thread/1080#post_10587238

But that could be the same pad and just they just stretched it to go around the ring. it’s super thin foam, after all. and it’s not like it has to stretch a whole lot anyway.

no need to talk about this anymore tho:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/722571/grado-e-series/570 post #583 :wink:

Nice! congrats! I also received mine last week!

real nice

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,239 of 2,110
Mine are RS1i...is that vintage? I really don't know. I bought them from an official Grado dealer in Taiwan. In the box, its printed that they were made officially for sale in Taiwan only...

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #1,240 of 2,110
  I just received a pair of the new raised driver RS-1i. Take a look below at the RS-1i I received compared to my PS500.

The raised driver appears intentional to get the driver closer to the ear. The L cushion pad hole on this RS-1i (right) is a larger diameter than the PS500 and perfectly fits the circumference of the RS-1i driver. The RS-1i L cushion design is much less bowled too.

I put the PS500 L cushion on the RS-1i and it looks like a regular Grado mount similar to the PS500. The PS500 pad is on the right. The new L cushion of the raised RS1i is on the left.

And of course the red back of the driver.......RS-1i Ruby

Interesting Grado for sure. I am breaking them in now. They sound very different than the PS500. I'll reserve judgement for now but they do sound great right now.

I am looking for a pair of RS1is actually at the moment, you are very fortunate to have the red drivers, those are apparently the new "e series" :). Maybe that is why there is a difference in size. Would like to see a comparison of these cans to a non-red driver RS1i.

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #1,241 of 2,110
Which pads seem to work the best with your new RS1e's? Any chance yet for experimentation?

So after a bit I like...

L-cush and Flats the best (mood dependent... the L-cushion offers the most aggressive sound and detail, whereas the flats add presence and warmth and sacrifice some detail)
G-cushions (really don't dig these because it takes away the best part of the RS1)
Quarter modded comfies
Senn pads quarter modded
Senn pads
Comfies

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #1,242 of 2,110
Burning mine in - currently at 60 hours so far....but the sound has changes slightly - just a little refinement - but that's all

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #1,243 of 2,110
Interest check..
To all Canucks (Canadains).. putting my 5 month old RS1i's up for sale.  As much as I like them, 95% of my head time is going to the HD800.  Includes the Turbulent Labs Onyx Manta Headband and Martin Custom Audio Aluminum Gimbals/Rodblocks.  Original packaging, (headband and gimbals/rodblocks) including extension cable and 1/4 - 1/8 adaptor.
Here are some pics.. PM me if interested.  Thanks! M.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #1,244 of 2,110
Interest check..
To all Canucks (Canadains).. putting my 5 month old RS1i's up for sale.  As much as I like them, 95% of my head time is going to the HD800.  Includes the Turbulent Labs Onyx Manta Headband and Martin Custom Audio Aluminum Gimbals/Rodblocks.  Original packaging, (headband and gimbals/rodblocks) including extension cable and 1/4 - 1/8 adaptor.

MickeyVee, great looking set of headphones, especially with the Martin Custom Audio additions. I swear if I already didn't have a pair I'd be all over them. As you've presented them they would make an awesome gift.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,245 of 2,110
  Interest check..

MickeyVee....seems we are both in identical spots......exact same situation for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back