Grado PS500s (new Grado's)
Sep 10, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #91 of 1,221
Sep 10, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #92 of 1,221
I wonder how much Grado paid him for that review? Until I read a review directly comparing the PS500 with the HF2 (which I really like) I will remain skeptical. The reviewer showed he didn't know much about Grado for failing to even mention the HF2. It's an obvious omission.

Sep 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #93 of 1,221
I'm definitely not selling my HF2s to finance this purchase.  I'll be one that'll let a lot of thee PS500s get out in the world and reviewed before I consider these to buy.  The RS1i is still my #1 next buy...

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #94 of 1,221

Quote:
What a bunch of hype that review was.  I think this line tells us everything we need to know about that reviewer

rolleyes.gif

I zeroed in on that comment too...then the author kinda lost a credibility from that point on. He also mentioned that the RS1s were warmer? Then the PS500s are not voiced like the HF-2s if we are to believe him.

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #95 of 1,221

Quote:
I wonder how much Grado paid him for that review? Until I read a review directly comparing the PS500 with the HF2 (which I really like) I will remain skeptical. The reviewer showed he didn't know much about Grado for failing to even mention the HF2. It's an obvious omission.

this is some crazy ****... it's a grado... here's my take on grado's..well the sound is really only for a select few listeners who like it, for one, most open headphone beat them in detail retrieval, soundstage, instrument seperation, bass, mids, comfort and possibly even treble (even for a treblehead like me, every grado i've tried makes my right ear hurt physcially...not sure why, but something about the sound. rant aside.

the review is a payed review filled with hype and probably filled with grado's brooklyn based dineros as baka has pointed out, but it is highlighting what would be expected though (IE: little to no improvement to the current lineup)
They sound a bit lumpy and colorful in very nice ways, though neutral is not their forte. The 500s fix the shortcomings of the RS1s quite well. The metal/wood sandwich and advanced wiring take the 500s to a level the slightly more expensive RS1s just cannot match. The cord on the 500s is twice as thick as the 1s. The 500s would be $1000 headphones if imported from anywhere other than Brooklyn!

so overall, remove the hype and you get this.... new cables, lower price, rs1's sound less detailed... why? because less treble and more bass...warmer sound in general 

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #100 of 1,221

The reviewers comment that they were "brighter" than the RS1s kinda lets me think you are correct....ugh.

Discounting what the reviewer stated, the HF2 was hardly brighter than the 325i(s). If the PS500 sounds anything like the HF2 then that's a good thing. I'd like to have more bass extension, but hey it's not exactly a Grado trait to extend.

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #101 of 1,221

Quote:
Why would Grado waste their money on that guy anyways? Get Justin Beiber or something.

being middle aged (extremely bitter and angry over my failure of a life) , I have no interest in justin bieber...I'd rather listen to a fellow slightly to overweight middleaged male (possibly even 50-60 years old, age means credibility right?...right?

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #102 of 1,221

Quote:
Discounting what the reviewer stated, the HF2 was hardly brighter than the 325i(s). If the PS500 sounds anything like the HF2 then that's a good thing. I'd like to have more bass extension, but hey it's not exactly a Grado trait to extend.

Exactly Ross...I was expecting this illustrious reviewer to claim that the PS500s are the warmer headphone. This comment kinda caught me off guard. If the PS500 is brighter than the RS1, then I would suggest the RS1i or HF-2 as the headphones to get. We shall see.

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #104 of 1,221

Quote:
being middle aged (extremely bitter and angry over my failure of a life) , I have no interest in justin bieber...I'd rather listen to a fellow slightly to overweight middleaged male (possibly even 50-60 years old, age means credibility right?...right?

I'd buy a headphone if Jessica Simpson told me to though.

Quote:
Grado did some R&D!

That's all we ever wished for.

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #105 of 1,221

Quote:
If it's not an HF-2, it's using a new driver. That would be pretty interesting, because it might mean Grado did some R&D!

I'm really wondering just how many people believe how drastically different it would sound from the current lineup because I can safely say they'll be in for a huge jaw crushing bout of disappointment. on top of that, getting run over by hulk hogan's now defunct monster truck with 10' radial belted tires

Users who are viewing this thread

Back